Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood vs Bulldogs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 2:00 am
Post subject: Collingwood vs BulldogsReply with quote

Hi

Does anyone think there is a chance for the public to buy tickets from the gate this Friday night? If the stadium's going to be packed, will it be shown live on TV?

GO the PIES 2000

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 4:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how to get tickets for the game? who do i call? i am going to that game, no matter what. we're gonna turn that joint into a magpie cauldron.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 9:18 am

I was relieved to discover that Legends Members are covered for this match. I wasn't sure if this was one of the 5 away matches included in the 16 game package, but fortunately it is. I've got a reserved seat on the wing so I should get a pretty good view. I must admit, as much as I hate what this stadium stand for, I'm still curious to check it out. But I'm very worried about the possibility of players getting injured on the hard surface. A lot of the clubs that have played there have had problems, Richmond being the latest victim.

However, Legends members be warned that Round 21 V Kangaroos is NOT included in the Legends package. So, for that game we'll have to line up at the booking office to get fleeced again. Oh the joys of being a fan. The other Victorian game not included in the Legends package is Round 18 V the Pig's Arses at Ponces Park.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 3:40 pm

There is NO way I am going to fork out for a game that should be moved to the MCG (magpie cricket ground). If it is not going to be shown live - I am going to treat it like a live game anyway. Not listen to the radio and switch on the telly just the game is about to start.
Forget about a walkup entry - there are going to be thousands of pie people who will miss out.

Collingwood Forever !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 3:55 am

Clemo,

I admire your uncompromising attitude.

Really, I think if any game should be moved its the Round 20 match, when we have to play the Bullshits at Colonial AGAIN. That's supposed to be a home game. What a joke. It's on par with that abysmal (and punitive) decision by the AFL in 1998 to make us play a so-called "home" game against St.Kilda at Waverley. Remember that one? I think the very concept of the "home" game seems to be going out the window, especially for the Victorian clubs.

There's no doubt that a lot of people will be doing what Clemo is going to do this week and who can blame them? I'm only going because my seat and admission has already been paid for in my membership package (at the cost of an arm and a leg, I might add).

Haven't the crowds at Colonoscopy been abysmal. What about that Richmond game the other day. There didn't seem to be anybody in the middle level. Even the Bullshits and the Pig's Arses pulled a pathetic crowd. This is must be sooooooooooooooo embarrassing for the AFL.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Lozza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 5:07 pm

The simple fact is that if would like to attend the game on Friday, you will need to have a reserved seat. Forget buying tickets at the gate on game night coz it will be sold out. Some chick from the AFL was on 3UZ this morning (Tuesday) and said there was about 9500 seats left (that includes everything) for the game so there is no doubt it will be a lockout on Friday nite. I don't really agree with it, but that is how its gonna be so get used to it. As kRISTEN said, the Pies need us more than ever so get behind the black and white as much as you can.

Paying the Ticketmaster fee of $3.50 is an absolute ripoff, especially for paid up members and further reiterates the back door deals done between the AFL, Channel 7 and Ticketmaster. I believe Ticketmaster is owned by someone very prominent within Channel 7 (Kerry Stokes??) which makes it all the more a joke! Bastards!

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2000 6:41 am

kRISTEN,

I hope you read Lozza's post.

I only want to add that I hope you want people at Colonoscopy for their vocal and spiritual support, because none of the money from this game goes to Collingwood. Eddie has done a great job of talking-up this game - Smorgon wouldn't know how to talk up a free feed for Ethiopians.

As a businessman, Smorgan is a disaster for Colonial. He is not doing ANY effective promotion for his club's games there. Eddie says a few choice words at a few choice times and BINGO: Sellout Crowd.

I bought a $17.50 ticket last Sunday, inspired after the Sydney game. My worry for us is our next COlonial HOME game: v Fremantle. It is on a Monday night - NOT a public holiday either. This is yet anohter example of the AFL's disastrous fixturing of the 2000 season. If we don't get the 30,000 who would have been at VIc Park - let alone the 45,000 at the MCG - Eddie should ask for compensation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: