Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie sums up our potential season !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:25 pm
Post subject: Eddie sums up our potential season !Reply with quote

IN the latest edition of "Black and White ", our Eddie sums up the potential of our season, with these words, "there will be some grim days, and some good days ". I reckon hes absolutely correct, with this very young team we have now, there will indeed be some good wins, and some damn awful losses, we just have to ride this out, best we can. Look, we wont win the flag this season, or next, but I would expect us to have a real shot at it in season 2017, top four spot, and then hopefully, GF berths in 2018-2020 , well that's how I see it panning out, anyhow. Thoughts Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning of the flag has now been put off to the never never...
We don't know when we can be a contender again.
I am glad the vast majority on Nicks and the Club believe we have to rebuild
almost from the bottom up.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 pm

I agree. We be up and down. We will have some Great Moments but Some Shocking Moments too.

So thompsoc our Re-Build starts this Season?

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:28 pm

This is actually the 1st season in many a long season where we have the 'potential' to actually win something I thought only just a few short years ago wasn't possible for us - a wooden spoon.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:36 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
This is actually the 1st season in many a long season where we have the 'potential' to actually win something I thought only just a few short years ago wasn't possible for us - a wooden spoon.

As long as we don’t get hit too badly with Injuries we are better then a Bottom 4 Side

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

As long as we don’t get hit too badly with Injuries we are better then a Bottom 4 Side

I agree but not by a long way at this point. As I said above this is the 1st time in a long time that I believe we have the 'potential' of it all falling to complete shit.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 pm

The six jets are coming.....
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:16 am

Dave The Man wrote:

I agree but not by a long way at this point. As I said above this is the 1st time in a long time that I believe we have the 'potential' of it all falling to complete shit.

Fair Enough - If we have another Shocking year of Injuries we are quite Possibly a Bottom 4 Side

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:37 am
Post subject: Re: Eddie sums up our potential season !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
IN the latest edition of "Black and White ", our Eddie sums up the potential of our season, with these words, "there will be some grim days, and some good days ". I reckon hes absolutely correct, with this very young team we have now, there will indeed be some good wins, and some damn awful losses, we just have to ride this out, best we can. Look, we wont win the flag this season, or next, but I would expect us to have a real shot at it in season 2017, top four spot, and then hopefully, GF berths in 2018-2020 , well that's how I see it panning out, anyhow. Thoughts Question

Oh what a load of crap. More excuses while other Clubs manage to deliver results. This whole post is all about endorsing mediocrity and making excuses for unacceptable failure. One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Freemantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:30 am

Hiss wrote:

. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

LOL. Yes, imagine we ae Richmond and Carlton who have followed the low road all their modern history and have the failure to show for it.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:36 am

Mugwump wrote:
Hiss wrote:

. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

LOL. Yes, imagine we ae Richmond and Carlton who have followed the low road all their modern history and have the failure to show for it.

Look if we are reduced to comparing ourselves to dud clubs like that we will undoubtably become like them long term. There are some of us following Collingwood that are now starting to speak out and say no to this crap failure and arrogant power control of our club that is producing failure year after year. I will not get on here and offer puerile excuses and baseless predictions to when we will win the next flag. I

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Oh what a load of crap. More excuses while other Clubs manage to deliver results. This whole post is all about endorsing mediocrity and making excuses for unacceptable failure. One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Freemantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

Laughing Been at the Corio 5 star again, have we ol chum ?? Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Laughing Been at the Corio 5 star again, have we ol chum ?? Razz

Why oh why do you go down to the gutter with your snide abuse.
It is pathetic.
I don't care if you attack his ideas but you seem to be another of the countless Nicks puritan brigade members.

Scribe 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Hiss wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

Do you actually read what you write? Or are you banging your head against the keyboard and pushing submit?

Fremantle, Essendon and Footscray pillars of success in the AFL? Those clubs have one flag between them in the last 22 years - Collingwood has played and won more finals then all of those sides combined in that period.

If you're frustrated and going on a rant, make it readable Hiss. Make it somewhere in the realm of $£$%^%%$ logical. Christ.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Hiss wrote:
Quote:
One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Fremantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season

Notice anything interesting here?

Apart from Hawthorn, who have a good administration after 17 years of failure, what is the sum total of premierships for the other 3 in the past 15 years? that's right - zilch, zippo, nada.

Footscray are always producing the most exciting youngsters, and the most Brownlow medalists, but when is the last time they won 2 finals in the one year, let alone a flag? that's right, 1961.

Fremantle have one runners up place to bless themselves with and Essendon have not won a final since 2003. In the past 14 years our mob has won 13 finals.

You are either a contender, like Hawthorn or the Swans, a sort of contender, like Richmond and Footscray, or you play the kids.

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: