Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

R17 COLLINGWOOD vs Box Hill - VIC PARK DAY!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 am
Post subject: R17 COLLINGWOOD vs Box Hill - VIC PARK DAY!Reply with quote

COLLINGWOOD vs BOX HILL HAWKS, 2PM

Come and support the Pies VFL team as we take on the Box Hill Hawks in the game that could determine a top four finish.

• FREE entry for Collingwood Football Club members upon presentation of your membership card.
• The opportunity for 150 kids aged between 8 and 12 to take part in a pre-game training session with Scott Pendlebury (see below for on-line registration details)
• Kids' face painting
• Brass band
• HUGE Collingwood Merchandise all day sale (Victoria Park only)

A great day of fun and VFL football at our spiritual home ground – VICTORIA PARK.

Your child has the opportunity to participate in an exclusive training session with Collingwood vice-captain Scott Pendlebury.

Be at Victoria Park to watch your child learn valuable skills from this brilliant midfielder and his team mates. This opportunity is restricted to the first 150 online registered children. A certificate and CFC scarf will be presented to your child upon completion of the session.

Time: 11.45am registration, training commences at 12.15pm sharp (gates open at 11am)

Cost: $20* (includes training session, CFC scarf and a certificate of participation for each child)

Please note, your child must be registered online and aged between 8 and 12.

*Any proceeds on the day will go to the CFC VFL team.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood vs. Box Hill Hawks
Saturday 14th August
Victoria Park at 2:00 PM

Collingwood

B Blight Keeffe Carter
HB McCarthy Anthony Cook
C Sinclair O'Bree Francis
HF Barham Fraser Rounds
F Sundberg Reed Young
R Wood Buckley J. Thomas
Int Frost Loraine* McNamara Hunt
Liston Millard Corrie K. Pendlebury (c) Colbert

Box Hill

B Savage Muston Breust
HB Lisle Peterson Kayler-Thomson
C Schoenmakers Moss Whitecross
HF Ladson Brown Morton
F Shiels X. Ellis Suckling
R Taylor Stokes Milne
Int Sierakowski Fagan Campbell S. Gibson
Kenna Duryea J. Hoegel Lowden Pedersen
Jackson Kiel Tuck

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:27 am

Radio 3WBC - Box Hill vs. Collingwood

Radio 3WBC 94.1 FM is broadcasting the Box Hill V Collingwood match this Saturday August 14th from 1pm. Click here for a live stream of the call

http://srv1.mel.apstream.net/3wbc_relay

Last Modified on 13/08/2010 16:59

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Heading Down Now
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Collingwoodfc.com.au will be covering the round 17 VFL contest with a live chat when Collingwood hosts Box Hill at Victoria Park on Saturday 14 August.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/round%2017/tabid/16527/default.aspx

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey all.

Final Score;

Collingwood 8.12.60
Box Hill 13.12.90

GOAL SCORERS - COLLINGWOOD: McCarthy 3, Barham, Buckley, Sinclair, Keefe, Corrie.

I went down today, and stayed till almost the final siren.

A little report on each player;

3. John McCarthy; Didn't have his usual run and carry today, but looked dangerous around the goals. Kicked 3, but wasn't outstanding.

9. Jack Anthony; He will never make it as a defender. He played better once moved up forward in the second half, and that is where he should stay.

11. Shane O'Bree; Typical O'Bree VFL game, nothing remarkable, some poor disposal but 24 disposals, so he was handy.

14. Anthony Corrie; He will be better for the run, kicked a very nice goal, but looked like a player who has missed a lot of football.

19. Cameron Wood; The only competitive ruckman we had, 16 possessions, 8 marks, a very good game from Cameron.

25. Josh Fraser; Terrible in the ruck, but very good at CHF, 23 disposals, 6 marks, a good game, but he isn't a ruckman anymore, at any level.

27. Blight; Struggled for most of the day, although he was under pressure as Box Hill attacked a lot. He seems to have slowed in his development lately, will be interesting to watch what he does next year.

28. Ben Sinclair; Didn't have a great impact on the match, did a few nice things, but not much of note.

29. Ryan Cook; Typical Cook match, 26 disposals, worked hard all day, but he struggles under pressure to hit targets.

37. Luke Rounds; Seems to be struggling with the shoulder injury, but he is progressing well, and didn't have many opportunities up forward today.

38. Scott Reed; His defensive pressure up forward was good, but he didn't see a lot of the ball.

40. Josh Thomas; 19 Disposals, and most hit their target. I made the comment he seems to be at the same point as what Blair was around this time last year, has a huge future.

41. Simon Buckley; Had a shocker, not much more to say.

43. Jaxson Barham; BOG for Collingwood. 27 possessions, and was great all day, may still be on the list next year, there are worst then him around.

44. Lachlan Keefe; I like this boy, 20 possessions as the CHB, and he looked very accomplished down back. Has a good future.

46. Tristan Francis; I think he was tagging a few different Box Hill players on the ball, but he didn't have much of it himself. Has talent, just needs to put some games together.

48. Jack Carter; Played KP Back, and was pretty good, wasn't beat too often, and is fairly good on the ground for his size.

49. Tom Young; Terrible first half, good 2nd half. Maybe he is getting tired, but he has a huge future with us.

50 Shae McNamara; Did some ruckwork, but apart from that, was almost non existent. Maybe the full season is getting to him physically, he was better 5-6 weeks ago.

51. Kris Pendlebury; What the **** was Gavin Brown thinking, starting our VFL rep full back at Full Forward, dumbest move of the year, and Geoff Walsh and a few others must have told him that at half time. Pendles is a good defender, but struggles up forward.

53. Tim Hunt; Little terrier who tried all day, didn't have a lot of it, but had a go.

54. Tom Sundberg; 18 possessions, which is excellent for a top up player, shows some skill and poise under pressure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We started poorly, some bad matchups (see Pendlebury) and a lack of intensity cost us any chance in the first half.

Our second half was better, but in the conditions, the game was over as a contest at half time.
SkyPie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:01 pm

thank you for the report
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:56 pm

for what was meant to be nominally known as "vic park day" it was somewhat lacklustre or no different to other days. the "huge" mechandise tent seemed to be selling only a few items that they looked they were trying to clear out.

i did not attend the after-match function. i don't find them very welcoming.

can someone pls try to explain why we are dropping the second quarter so badly. that's 3-4 weeks in a row now we're letting the opposiiton get a march on us and we have to play catch up football.

nice assessment matty. i think the likes of young and co are starting to feel the pinch. there was a bit of a gale blowing but no one seemed to read or use it properly. the ball spent a lot of time out on the full.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

mattys123 wrote:

14. Anthony Corrie; He will be better for the run,

Not sure about that. He is better somewhere else.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 am

Good report mattys123, thats exactly how I saw it too.

Vic Park Day...? What a fizzer.

And to think we all thought we had half our games won when the fixture had us at Vic Park for every home game. We are 2 from 8 games at home and we are 7 from 9 away.

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks for the player wrap Mattys123. Didn't get to this game so good to get the info. Barham - loved it when his dad played and like his young fella as well, many criticize him but to me he is a keeper. Hope he stays.
Hopefully Carmichael Hunt will play for the GC next week.....will be interesting to see how he is developing.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm

As much a dissapointment the result was...

mattys123 wrote:
43. Jaxson Barham; BOG for Collingwood. 27 possessions, and was great all day, may still be on the list next year, there are worst then him around.

...I'm pumped about Barham's BOG!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:08 pm

ItwasoutHarmes wrote:
Thanks for the player wrap Mattys123. Didn't get to this game so good to get the info. Barham - loved it when his dad played and like his young fella as well, many criticize him but to me he is a keeper. Hope he stays.
Hopefully Carmichael Hunt will play for the GC next week.....will be interesting to see how he is developing.

i read somewhere that he will not be playing next week. it's a shame cos it would have been good to see him and also for him to get a feel for some of the competition's, not to mention collingwood's history.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 am

jmcp wrote:
for what was meant to be nominally known as "vic park day" it was somewhat lacklustre or no different to other days. the "huge" mechandise tent seemed to be selling only a few items that they looked they were trying to clear out.

i did not attend the after-match function. i don't find them very welcoming.

can someone pls try to explain why we are dropping the second quarter so badly. that's 3-4 weeks in a row now we're letting the opposiiton get a march on us and we have to play catch up football.
nice assessment matty. i think the likes of young and co are starting to feel the pinch. there was a bit of a gale blowing but no one seemed to read or use it properly. the ball spent a lot of time out on the full.

This might be a bit of a surprise but I think we overestimate how good we can be... so many young kids... yes i know we've got some seasoned players but with 4 senior players being rested, Rusling a no show, Dicky out... that another 6 guys who should/could play if everyone was available...
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah, I was surprised not to find Ruz on the paddock on Saturday.
Anyone know why he didn't play ?

Great report Matty.

Did anyone else notice Fraser having a bit of a chuck at the qtr time huddle ? He was certainly busting a gut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: