Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE FINAL STRAW FOR CES

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:52 am
Post subject: THE FINAL STRAW FOR CESReply with quote

Dons delist Alessio
2:20:01 PM Thu 31 October, 2002
Scott Spits
afl.com.au
Steve Alessio

WHAT A FARCE!!!!! SHOWS WHAT A CHAMPION SALMON IS!!!

The massive off-season changes at Windy Hill have continued with the Bombers delisting veteran ruckman Steve Alessio in the same week that three premiership players were traded from the club.

With the future of Bomber Paul Salmon still in the balance, Alessio’s departure further raises the question as to who will be responsible for Essendon’s rucking duties in 2003.

After the Bombers traded premiership trio Chris Heffernan, Blake Caracella and Justin Blumfield during the exchange period, Essendon also delisted Daniel McAlister on Thursday.

McAlister, who was drafted with the No.5 selection at the 1996 national draft, played just six matches for the club, including three this season.

Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy said Alessio had been a wonderful servant of the club. “He was really the last of those players to walk off the street and say I want to play here,” Sheedy told the Essendon website.

“He spent 13 years at the club and has been a fantastic player for us. He has been excellent support in the ruck and taken a lot of pressure off full forwards with his goal-kicking.

“He was also a great clubman who was extremely popular among the playing group, administration staff and supporters. He had an excellent sense of humour. He had an uncanny knack of putting the pressure of football into perspective.”

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn now i have to find a new Essendon player to bag!!!

Obviously they couldnt find another club willing to pick him up in the trading period

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:03 pm

JLC JUST BAG EM ALL
WINDY HILL WANKERS!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:06 pm

I truly hope we dont go pick him up pre season

Please Eddie Noel whoever dont go pick up Alessidud

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:08 pm

oooooooooooooooooh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JLC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I TOLD U HE WOULDNT GET A GAME WITH ABERFIELDIE 3RDS

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:10 pm

why am i getting the awful feeling he may be in black and white next year.... bring back the great man instead - james manson!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:41 pm

I know he's a much maligned hack who i have laughed at for years but i reckon we should get him. If only for the centre bounces and then bring him off the ground. It could make us a 5 goal better team, seriously, not for what he would create necessarily, but for what he would stop happenining, which is total domination of stunner by opposition taps who allow their midfields to go nuts for a quarter or so. At least Alessio would make it more of a scrap. He's good mates with Ant Rocca too isn't he?

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:55 pm

Cam, ya cant be serious can ya mate?

You think in this day and age of footy with reduced list sizes and every player who's in the game vitally important to the outcome that we could afford to carry an over-rated, washed up piece of trash like Alessio 2 only do the centre bounces and then come straight off. No way it won't and can't happen.

The fact we should recruit him because he's Anthony Rocca's mate sounds like the Tony Shaw recruiting policy and we all saw how that worked!!!

Go the mighty Pies in 2003!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:26 pm

You cant be serious Cam. Alessio is a dud. Id rather just concede the centre bounces than rely on Alessio. Lets face facts at Essendon he would get the third or fourth worst backmen each week yet still was a dud. The word versatile or ruckman/forward have been used to make him sound better. Bottom line is he is Essendon slops and not worth it.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:51 pm

Mckee is too short, fraser is developing. Don't be suprised to see alessio doing a spider burton for us. sorry but i do think it would help rather than hinder. yes he's a pathetic excuse for a footballer, but he's damn tall and can ruck enough to stop us getting annihilated in the middle (not round the ground, only in the middle). if i'm wrong i'm wrong. just see what happens. bag me when he goes to stkilda but if he doesnt be very very scared. lol

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:29 am

I agree with you on one point and that is Alessio is tall. Where did you get the notion from that Alessio can ruck. Essendon are scraping the bottom of the barrel for a ruckman. If they saw even a glimmer or the faintest of faint hopes that Alessio could ruck they would have kept Alessio on the list. At this stage their hopes rest with a 37 year old they are trying to convince to play for another year. Hille has not developed how they would like.

Alessio will fall by the wayside like his old mate Somerville

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: