Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training at bloody Colonial!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 6:47 am
Post subject: Training at bloody Colonial!!!Reply with quote

Did anyone else front up to see our boys train today only to find that all the gates were shut and we weren't allowed in even though the club said we can go watch. There were a lot of unhappy Magpie fans ! Perhaps this was just a taste of what's to come!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 6:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The trainig lock-out sounds like a typical example of bad PR, Collingwood style. I guess some things never change.
There is also the possibility that the lock-out may have been Mick Malthouse's idea. He did say during the summer that some training sessions would be closed to the public. If that's the case then supporters should be understanding of the need for secrecy. But there's still no excuse for the Club to say it's OK to go when it isn't.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 3:32 am

The mighty Hotrod managed to infiltrate Colostomy Stadium and has posted a full training report on his site.

Two things for you Spidergirl

*Was that you posting on the Aints Fans forum about watching the Aints magoos at Waverley?

*Sadly, Ricky O's hamstring appears to be almost terminal - sorry to pass on the news to you.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 12:27 pm

When i rang the club about the training i said to them that i was at Colonial and the gates wouldn't open so the chick on the phone said "well i can't do anything about that" and i said well was it a closed session and she said not that i know of. I really think it was the fault of the Colonial Stadium people and not the club. I have been to Colonial three times now and have experienced many stuff ups in going there. All i can say is Friday night will be a major flop as far as off the field matters.

As for Ricky well what can i say, I have always supported him at least!

And yes Pete the Pieman that was me on the Sainters forum!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY???

Mick 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 3:56 am

HOT PIES got it right

The Colonial training debacle highlights the Club's misunderstanding of the role of Admin. They are there to service the needs of members, sponsors and other Club staff.

Have a read of the 3 stooges parody on our new key staff in the first issue of HOT PIES.

This was obviously done as a piss-take but it sounds like Pyman is already fulfilling the prophecy !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: