Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke - Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:01 pm
Post subject: Cloke - DavisReply with quote

Like chalk and cheese- Clokey is everything we want in a player-passion, guts, determination, pride and a love of the magpie jumper that only us supporters could understand. 5/5 for Clokey.

Nick Davis.. hmmm...ummm... 0/5

anyone disagree?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

amen SS11!!! Standby for the " we love you Nicky" "He's only homesick" and "his family are so important to him" crap!!!!

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:29 pm

No comment!
hahhaa ive always wanted to say that!
This court is now in session!
OBJECTION! SUSTAINED! OBJECTION! OVERRULED! hahahha i always wanted to say that!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader Of The Jarrod Molloy Cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*

"Like walking in the rain and the snow, When there's nowhere to go, And your feeling like a part of you is dying, And your looking for the answer in her eyes, You think your gonna break up, Then she says she wants to make up"
*The Things We Do For Love- 10CC*

*~Goooo Secret Squirrel, Guacamole's & Parsnips~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:29 pm

Just got this off the AFL site, about Chick being traded-

“As a kid I always wanted to play for the Eagles and that obviously changes once you get into the system, because as soon as you’re playing for the team you’re playing for, your heart and soul goes into them,” Chick said.

obviously Chick doesnt know much about one N.Davis.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:13 am

Davis was weak as you know what.

Cloke is a champion.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:35 am

Chick may say that but he played like a dog this year and has screwed his club for every bit he could. He's as bad as Davis. And I don't want to invite people to yell at me but if you watch the tapes of 2000 and 2001 you will find Davis did put in as much as most of the others. Nowhere near like a Lika and a few others but they're rare. He's dudded us big time but don't judge people on one year. Some of you guys are every bit as much a turncoat as him, he did some hard stuff during the tough unShaw years. I am not trying to excuse him just observing what I believe to be true. Cloke is a great guy and tough player but you would find being from such a close family would also find it tough being away from home. FACT

Pie fan forever

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:18 am

quote:
I am not trying to excuse him

you arent?

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:39 am

Clokey typifyes the everything that is Collingwood. I LOVE YA CLOKEY

Davis on the other hand, well, lets just say he'll fit right in at Sydney.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Hanskies Virgo

~~DUNN~~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:59 am

Jason Cloke is an absolute gun.
He plays with soo much determination, passion and as he puts his body on the line for the team week in week out.
This is why he has become my favourite player over season 2002.
He in my mind will be an Champion of the game!!!
Clokey We Love You- Kepp going at it Hard

Nick through missing his family lost the passion to play for Collingwood.

-Han

*I Love Jason, Yes I do, I Love Clokey and so Should You*
Mr Magpies 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:23 am

My Signature says it all (the stuff under this line)

------
How much of a legend is Jason Cloke

Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:29 am

Not excusing him at all, maybe just explaining, there is a difference. He is betrayed everyone this year, but that doesn't undo the fact that for the first couple of years he did play with heart, he won us games, did more matchwinning things that most others on the list haven't yet. Always sung the song with pride, looked happy. After last year personal circumstances change and he's never been the same since. Wind yourselves back to the end of season 2001, how many would have said the #19 never played with any heart. I don't excuse him, I would give anything to wear our jumper, but I believe we are all talking as if we are perfect and he dropped the Bali bomb (without being offensive). If he was allowed to keep to his original statement that he would decide his future at the end of the year, we wouldn't have seen all the "I am staying" rubbish going on. I also don't agree that he should have walked round three even if he thought he might be leaving, Headland, Chick and various others knew it would be their last year. Blumfield et al were turfed out. Just because you won't be there the next year doesn't mean you pack up earlier. His season was relatively poor but he still had the greatest goal ratio according to time spent on ground. Does this mean Leon etc. weren't trying? I think not. His OP was much worse than people realise hence the need to have a few sustained rests. His Grand Final was very poor and he lacked intensity there but his other finals were good, with crucial goals scored or set up. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he's any angel, his behaviour has been puerile, but people are carrying on as if he is the devil incarnate. I don't see why this has to undo season 1999-2001 when he was committed and provided some enjoyment for us during the tougher times. He genuinely did love playing for the Pies and bemoaned the fact we weren't located in Sydney. Ultimately it was his girlfriend Natalie who decided he relocate. Weak I admit but it had nothing to do with wanting to play with the Swans. The pressure of this decision has burdened him all year and he was upset during the last training session. I am pissed off with him but more so for the fact that circumstances have robbed us of a great talent. Anyway him going has allowed us to grab Woewodin, we could not have fitted both in the cap. Shane probably has a greater attitude but will also need to perform as he is on much bigger money than Nick ever was. He was on under $150,000 this year and paid less than the likes of Rupert and Tarkyn. I say this because I always hear very wrong figures bandied about. Was also paid a lot less than Molloy who didn't contribute much due to something beyond his control, injury. I hope we cream the Swans next year, I hope Nick doesn't play well against us but I won't be condoning some of the violence people are advocating.

Pie fan forever

Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:36 am

And one further thing, Shane O'Bree left Brisbane in the lurch and they gained nothing for it for the heinous crime of wanting to come home. Anthony Rocca spent two petulant years at Sydney providing little service even though his mother was relocated. today he has all our respect, is a mature young man and has started to deliver consistently on the field. But when he came to us we were excited, certainly not appalled by his childish "I only want to play with my brother" behaviour. It is true he didn't want to go there, but anyone who enters the draft is fully aware of the conditions. Leigh still hurts about the way Shane O'Bree left the club. Josh Fraser is also on record as saying that if he was drafted to Fremantle he would be hankering for home. Ryan Lonie with his closeness to his family, especially given his father's illness, would also find it hard. Fact of life, is whether we like it or not footy is not always the primary consideration. Anyway as we all know Nick is the loser here and we can only hope regrets his decision.

Pie fan forever

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:01 pm

Abi... and I can see the Brisbane ppl clapping Obee and cheering him on when we play the Lions... I think NOT!!

(besides I cant remember reading anywhere where he strung the Lions on with a "Maybe Ill stay" "Maybe Ill go" "Maybe Ill sign.. I'll let you know at the end of the year" for a whole 12 months period )

I rest my case!!

Gooooooo Obee luvs ya mate!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 30 October 2002).]
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:02 pm

I hear what you are saying Abi, and it has credit but I think the point may be made clearer to you by this:

If player A leaves and demoralises all 15 clubs except collingwood I will applaud him and love him.

If Player A openly says from the beginning what he wants to do then on your way and good luck - we won't waste our time loving you.

If Player A openly deceives the club and its supporters over a lengthy time period then Player A will cop from a large amount of people a large amount of criticism.

It's all about the CFC to me....don't care what people have done to other clubs, only the way they treat the CFC.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:29 pm

OMG i love Clokey! Does he like ice-cream?!!! Coz he lives near me. So Jason, if you ever want an ice-cream just come down to Chirny Wendy's Ice-cream and i will help ya! Sounds good! Oh yeah, same for Cam and Trav! hahaha!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader Of The Jarrod Molloy Cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*

"Like walking in the rain and the snow, When there's nowhere to go, And your feeling like a part of you is dying, And your looking for the answer in her eyes, You think your gonna break up, Then she says she wants to make up"
*The Things We Do For Love- 10CC*

*~Goooo Secret Squirrel, Guacamole's & Parsnips~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: