Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why do ya think........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:53 am
Post subject: Why do ya think........Reply with quote

Why do ya think we hung on to Rhyce Shaw and Ben Kinnear.
I guess MM and Balmey must see something in them that, reading the threads, most of us don't.

Maybe it was that, with the draft being a bit thin this year, they were a better bet than an untried kid.

We would need to suffer huge injuries for either of them to play and there are just so many players who would be considered before them I doubt they would even then get a game.
For instance if injuries hit the back line hard Cam Cloke would be given a try before Kinnear. Cole, Steinfort, McG and even Walker would get a game on or around the ball well before Shaw.

So why do you think we hung onto them? I am really interested in your views.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not many saw the potential in Licuri, and he has won 2 Copelands!
As for anyone seeing any benefit in the King/McKee swap, who would have thought we would get any positives from that?
I trust the recruiting staff and the coaching panel. They've got us this far and know what is required for the next step.
Having said that, i'm afraid that Shaw will still be dekisted berore season 2003, unless he gives up the number 22!

-Craig

P.S. We have another Shaw coming in 2004, so don't despair all the Shaw lovers.

CAAS 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:13 am

We still have to delist players before the pre season draft. They were up for trade but had no takers. Plus, with the draft being so thin (apparently), it is best we pass on our picks in the 100's and keep these 2. You never know what could happen. I dont thik we are going to do a West Coast and pick up players like kemp, pyke and heady like they did .

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:20 am

yeah hopefully they will piss shaw off b4 2003.
to have the best team we cant keep players like him.
could you imagine brisbane having shaw on their list? i doubt it.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:22 am

i think we'll keep kinnear for one final year as insurance for a shocking injury run and the hope he'll blossom at last but shaw has got to go. we have steadily rid the club of mediocrity over the last 2-3 years, no need to be sentimental now.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:25 am

i think shaw will get one last chance in the pre-season comp before either a year as an emergency or a year in the magoos

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:33 am

yep, I agree Cam.
Are either or both of them eligable for the rookie list. That may be the best of both worlds, they are given another chance but are in effect off our senior list.
And you are right CQ neither of them would even be considered at a club like Brisbane or the Bummers.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:59 am

Rhyce has done sweet f.a. at Collingwood but has he had a real chance? I know a lot of people were talking about getting rid of McKee and Presti not so long ago, he's just a kid. I say give him a little more time.

Go Pies!
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:14 pm

Neither of them have been given a huge chance to play seniors at Collingwood, because of their from at Willi. Shaw's got the name, I reckon that's the only thing keeping him at the club.

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:45 pm

I think Rhyce will be delisted next year, I think they are holding onto him until Braydon Shaw comes along so he can wear the number 22!!

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:38 pm

I remember an Inside Sport article on Ben Kinnear just after he was drafted. It was based around the selection process clubs base their draft selections on. The article in questions' main focus was the hand eye co-ordination and motor skill tests that the young draft hopefuls take at the draft camp. Ben Kinnear finished top ten in most of the test. He was rated one of the best at hand-eye co-ordination and periphal vision. He was also supposedly noted for his great reading of the play. I remember his early days at Collingwood and the potential he showed. One wonders what has happened since his debut year of '98 and now? He had the potential to develop into a Dustin Fletcher style defender. Has he been injured or homesick? Though god only knows why you would be desperate to return to Adelaide but each to their own.

"Live in northern California once live in New York City once, never live in Adelaide.........it's a hole."
John Safran. (not the sunscreen song)

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:33 pm

will woewodin want shaw's jumper 22?

azza 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:09 am

As there was a possibility we were going to trade with Adelaide maybe that was the reason we hung on to Ben. Ben could be a good backup if no one else is available as for Shaw well I don't think he has got the right stuff. Is he still skinny as a rake?

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:22 am

benny didn't have good peripheral vision against carlton earlier this year

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:58 am

I don't think Woey will want 22 at Collingwood that number is part of his past at Melbourne.
He could have no.19 as someone else suggested, we need a player with heart wearing it.
No.2 is available as well.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: