Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Joffa: The Movie...IN CINEMAS!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Joffa: The Movie is coming!

Exclusive to Palace Cinemas

Australias #1 Sports fan, Joffa is loved and loathed, and intriguingly a celebrity for being a sports fan. From his iconic gold jacket to the famous Magpie Army Winners Circle, Joffa displays a truly unrivalled level of passion for his club. Joffa: The Movie explores his world and discovers its not all black and white. His life outside football is hilariously funny. From revving up his team in Melbournes RecLink homeless football league, to being unceremoniously ushered out of Father Bobs church, or marching towards Joffas holy grail Celtic Park, Glasgow were taken on a journey that explores mateship, trust and the human spirit.

The film was financed by Chris Liontos, the Director/ Producer, along with Shane McRae, Joffas buddy in the movie. Regardless of how the film performs it has already created Australian Cinema history by being the lowest budgeted movie ever to make the big screen nationally. They applied to the government film bodies for funding, but were knocked back, so its satisfying for them to know theyve done everything themselves.

The film is showing from September 2nd till the end of September at the Dendy, Brighton, The George, St Kilda, Kino Cinema, Collins Street, Melbourne, and Westgarth, Northcote. Early ticket sales have been so strong in Melbourne that the Kino has already moved to open the movie on two screens.

Also showing from September 2nd in Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania and Brisbane. DVD's will be sometime away, so I suggest you go and see the movie. Oh, and cinema management have requested that patrons refrain from rolling Joffas down the aisle.

Many Thanks to Henry who has helped tirelessly to put this together for our Wikipedia page. And who is currently helping with other stuff on Wikipedia...Thanks mate.

Great work Joffa

I notice that it premiers on a Thursday night ( 2nd Sept ), maybe Eddie could pull a few strings with the AFL Footy Show , and get maybe a live cross to the cinema premier, just after the film has finished or you could duck out of the cinema for a live cross.

It being the first week of the finals they would have four less games to cover , and would most likely need content to fill that time , what great exposure for your film it would be.

Sure they might take the piss and joke about it , but as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Would expose to the football world , that the film is out there and for footy fans to get in and take a look.

just a thought.

I appreciate what your saying mate and it if that did happen we'd be stoked.
Let me be really honest here, Never have i used my collingwood friendship with eddie as a tool to get anything and or want anything..The guys who financed the film were also told that from day one. However i felt a need to inform eddie ( respect ) before we commenced the project and when we finished the project, Simply because he's the President of the Collingwood footy club. The last thing i would want is for people to say the film only got as far as it did because it was legged up by eddie.

The satisfaction so far at what we've achieved by ourselves has been the bees knees so to speak. This is a quirky film it may very well suprise a lot of people Smile

I know that you don't use Eddie as a tool to get any rewards , and that is why Eddie has great respect for you and what you have done.

I think if anything the Footy Show should be getting in contact with either you or the other guys to make this happen.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Congratulations Joffa & to those who assisted in making it. Looking forward to seeing the film.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but here's a nice interview with Joff the family man (not related to his film):

http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#1570423464

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06 pm

I hope Brian will be there to take some photos like he is with every other event.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 am

ANNODAM wrote:
I hope Brian will be there to take some photos like he is with every other event.

Brian has very kindly agreed to be their on the night.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

Joffa I have been looking forward to an interview you were going to have live on the overnight show SEN with Peak, where he speaks highly of the film. I thought it was going to be on tonight! Can you tell me when it will be on?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 am

Mossi wrote:
Joffa I have been looking forward to an interview you were going to have live on the overnight show SEN with Peak, where he speaks highly of the film. I thought it was going to be on tonight! Can you tell me when it will be on?

Yes mate i think the show is called Gladiators ??

It is on tonight 10pm i think we gotta be in there.

Peake loved it and came across as one hell of a nice bloke.

We're with eddie tomorrow morning around 7.20am Tripple M

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

Brian has very kindly agreed to be their on the night.

Smile

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:54 pm

I think Joffa is an underrated human being, he's given a lot of shit for being such a passionate Pies supporter, but he works with homeless people and it's this kind of work that he should be given more credit for. Hope every Collingwood supporter gets around to seeing this movie, just to show solidarity. Whether you like him or not, he bleeds black and white.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Mossi wrote:

Laughing You should be on there on a regular basis! Peake is the sort of supporter you would want to have an argument with! he truly loves the game and not only his P$s weak Saints. The week we played NAB cup up at the Alice when it rained. He read out an sms from a richmond supporter having a go at our cheer squad. It went something like "Thank goodness it rained the Collinwood Cheer squad finally had a shower!!!" He read it out a few times with that characteristic laugh of his. Remember it as ammo for the next time you have a face to face.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Mossi wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Mossi wrote:

Laughing You should be on there on a regular basis! Peake is the sort of supporter you would want to have an argument with! he truly loves the game and not only his P$s weak Saints. The week we played NAB cup up at the Alice when it rained. He read out an sms from a richmond supporter having a go at our cheer squad. It went something like "Thank goodness it rained the Collinwood Cheer squad finally had a shower!!!" He read it out a few times with that characteristic laugh of his. Remember it as ammo for the next time you have a face to face.

I liked him he loves footy and likes to have a bit of fun, It was certainly fun being with him and Howard Leigh.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:55 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Mossi wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Mossi wrote:

:lol: You should be on there on a regular basis! Peake is the sort of supporter you would want to have an argument with! he truly loves the game and not only his P$s weak Saints. The week we played NAB cup up at the Alice when it rained. He read out an sms from a richmond supporter having a go at our cheer squad. It went something like "Thank goodness it rained the Collinwood Cheer squad finally had a shower!!!" He read it out a few times with that characteristic laugh of his. Remember it as ammo for the next time you have a face to face.

I liked him he loves footy and likes to have a bit of fun, It was certainly fun being with him and Howard Leigh.

I drove home from work on Sunday (rather than use the bike ) tuned in & lo & behold had the pleasure of a fun show on the Gladiators. Got a fair bit of it too. It made for an entertaining time & was good radio. Good work Joffa & Jeff!! I usually listen to Father Bob & John Safran on triple JJJ when I get to listen on a Sunday night so this was good to get.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 am

Please note if you order a Bobblehead doll from now until Fathers Day you will go into the draw to win a $250.00 Bunnings Hardware voucher, Thanks Bunnings. Proceeds from the Bobblehead Dolls go to the Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria.

The Bobblehead hotline number is 0435 854 229 and please note i have nothing to do with orders and or distribution of the Bobblehead Dolls the contact name at the above number is Sam.

All Epilepsy second hand shops now stock the Bobblehead Dolls Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 am

Just a quick note.
Next Thursday is looming pretty quickly. We appreciate not everyone has credit card facilities to pre book over the phone. Whilst bookings have been very strong we are now welcoming those who want to turn up on the night with $20.00 to gain entry.

And remember your first drink is on the house, Nibblies provided and free lollies for the kids so we've got something for everyone Smile
cheers

220px-JoffaTheMoviePoster4.jpg

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:31 am

A very special thanks to Mike and Moderators of Nicks Board for allowing us to sticky this topic.
From Chris ( Producer ) Shane the bloke who's in the movie with me and myself it has been greatly appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: