Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blake Caracella deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:02 am
Post subject: Blake Caracella dealReply with quote

It said that Blake Caracella was going to Collingwood
Cupido to Essendon
and draft picks to Lions - not disclosed which picks.

Is almost a done deal apparently.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does it say this? It will probably be Collingwoods first round and Essendons second/third round.

Hope that eventuates, wouldnt have minded getting Cupido though!

Coxonator 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:09 am

Cupido is crap i'm glad we are not getting him to injury plagued. I'd prefer not to lose that 1st rounder but Caracella is perhaps worth it.

Go the mighty Pies in 2003!!!!

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:14 am

I just made that 1st round pick up Cox it was my guess for what Brissy would want.

Anyway we need a player who will make an immediate impact next year. We have enough QUALITY kids. Remember McGough, Cloke and Cole wern't even part of our GF side and guys like Leon, Lonie and Dids should improve next year.

Doubled with that this years draft is quite shallow beyond the top 10 and our 1st round may not even get us a great player. If we have the chance to simply get Blake for our first round I would do it by all means.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:39 am

A first round draft pick for caracella you have to be joking!!! Huge mistake

Nick Davis is a million times better than Caracella yet Sydney wont give up their first draft pick for him !!!!

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:43 am

JLC it is a totally different situation, and anyway Caracella has probably been better than Davis to this point of there careers anyway.

Sydney may get Davis for nothing that its why they will not give up there first round, and also there first round is #7, whereas ours is #13 or something like that, big difference in a shallow draft.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:00 am

Nick Davis is much better than Caracella. Nick Davis can kick both feet with distance and depth. Nick Davis is also a better mark than Caracella. Caracella looks good as he vary rarely has an opponent. Thats why they call him the skunk cause no one goes near him.

Lets look at the quality deals we have done with Essendon in the past

Olarenshaw - winner.....lmao
Brad Plain - winner.....lmao
Ukovic - winner......lmao

Dont accept slops from Essendon

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:16 am

I think just about anyone would agree that Blake Caracella is better than all those players you mentioned and whilst to a point i agree you don't want another failed trade like those Caracella is a gr8 player and one which would fit in well to the Collingwood system.

Ricky Olarenshaw - Was worth a punt at the time but was coming back from long term injury.

Andrew Ukovic - Had never really made it, probably coz he's not as good as Caracella and they play the same position, but did play some good footy for us.

Brad Plain was washed up when we got him a terrible decision but we also gave up what?

Blake is a versatile player capable of playing extended periods in the midfield,forwardline or backline and would be invaluable in our pursuit of the flag in 2003.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:34 am

I think Caracella is a reasonable player however he isnt worthy of giving up your number one draft pick for. I would give up the number one draft pick for Everitt or Daniel Chick or Des Headland. They are all quality players.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:45 am

JLC of the 3 'quality' players you mentioned 2 only want to leave there clubs to return to WA for family reasons so recruiting them would be like having another Nick Davis always wanting to go home and Spider Everitt would cost us $570,000 a year for the next 2years and when we laughed at paying him that much in 2 years time he'd probably piss-off somewhere else not to mention the fact he's a head case.

You gotta be realistic when ya think about these things JLC and take into consideration the fact this years draft is said to be shallow meaning that by the time pick 16 comes around your no guarantee of getting a quality player.

Caracella is a quality player capable of making an immediate impact in our quest for the flag.The versatile way which he plays fits MM's game style perfectly and he is only 25.

I say lets do the deal put faith in the younger brigade of Cole, McGough etc. to really come on next year and get the experience of Caracella!!!

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:12 am

Experience of Caracella? I'd prefer to get a young guy and bring them through the ranks, than put in someone who has taken a first round pick and who isn't 'exceptional' in anyway. If he doesn't fit into Essendon's plan, I wouldn't want to see him at Collingwood.

Jen

--
http://www.jenelle.net/
Floreat Pica
Craig Kelly's number 1 fan!!!!
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:23 am

That's kind've what i meant when i said i would love to see the young guys such as Cole, McGough and to a point Richards,Walker coming through but you can only have so many of these guys coming through at once.

This year we came so close to the flag with so many youngsters combine that with the loss of Nicky D and recruiting Caracella right now could mean we get instant experience not having to wait 4 years like we did with ND.

I understand all the against points in regards to Caracella but.... he does have premiership experience,he does average a couple of goals a game and he will get that 20-25 possessions switching from forward line to midfield.

The only reason he doesn't fit in at Essendon is once again because of the salary cap. I'm sure that crazy old man Sheedy would love to keep him but figures a kid will be cheaper.

Look at Hardwick is he no good coz he didn't fit in with Essesdon's plans. I think not!!!!!

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:28 am

If we loose Davis Caracella would be a good replacement cos they r very similar, evebn though i dont particualry like him but i think it would be good for the club. I agree about the draught, it is very shallow and we have so many quality kids alreasdy, we want an impact player.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:31 am

I think Essendon are having a fire sale as they realise their playing list isnt as good as they thought it would be.

Players like Blumfield, Mercuri, Caracella havnt lived up to expectations. Lets face facts Hird, Lloyd and the Johnson brothers carried a lot of players during the year. Caracella i would dare say very rarely gets tagged and very rarely would get a hard ball. When the pressure was on against Port he missed some crucial shots at goal.

Our young team already has the finals experience and the desire to win a premiership.

To me Didak and Caracella are similar types of players. oth can play midfield and up forward. Didak wins hands down according to me

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:35 am

Caracella is ver similar to leon davis in his play, except leon can be magic in places. Essendons game plan has involved highly skilled use of space, freeing up players to run alone. Collingwood's game is man on man, grind'em and out muscle - a plan which nearly upset the more fancied, more skilled lions. I don't see how Caracella fits in.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: