Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blake Caracella deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that we need a set full forward. I think the beauty of our forward line this year was that anyone could bob up and kick goals and we wernt reliant upon one single key forward. However i guess we recruited Scott Cummings as insurance as a full forward. You can always play Rogan at CHF and have Tarrant as your leading full forward. I still would be hoping to get a tap ruckman as this is more of a necessity than a full forward.

Lynch i still think is very over rated. The strength of Brisbane was their midfield and their ability to kick goals. Lynch is merely a beneficiary of Voss, Black, Lappin, Crater face etc.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:53 am

Lucky we didnt WASTE that first pick on Caracella like some people suggested.......lmao

Or would some people rather have Caracella ahead of Woewodin..........lol lol

As i said all along the first draft pick should be used to pick up a QUALITY player like Chick etc etc not some Essendon slops

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:24 am

Well JLC I actually thought that Caracella would have been good for us but as soon as I saw the name Woewodin come up, I was hoping that we would defineatley snare him instead....nothing better than a pissed off brownlow medalist that has been dumped by his former team and has something to prove to the whole league.....as it looks, thankfully, he will be proving it with US!!

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:29 am

Yeah good on ya JLC are you trying to tell us all that you new all along that Woewodin was available coz i sure as hell didn't.

But i new that the suggestion of getting Chick, Everitt etc. was not what we needed.

My point was that Caracella's numbers were good and that he could play the role left vacant by not having ND.

You truly are a genius.

Go the mighty Pies in 2003!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:33 am

No i didnt know we were getting Woewodin. My point was that Caracella was not worthy of giving up our first draft pick for. I said that players of the calibre of Chick and Everitt were. It just so happens that Woewodin fits into that category.

I would have rather held onto our first selection in the draft rather than select Blake Caracella. In my opinion Caracella would have been worthy of a second round draft selection and maybe a fringe player. However i think we are using our second round draft pick on Cameron Cloke?

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:39 am

Fair enough mate i'm sick of this Blake Caracella thing now anyway coz obviously we are not gettin him.

I'm not a big fan of either Chick (plays from behind to much) or Everitt(to old and inconsistent) and thought a player of Caracella's ability could have been alright but agree if that pick is gonna get us Woewodin maybe i underestimated it's value with Caracella.

Woewodin is gonna be good for us and Andrew Williams is also a good player.

I think that we are giving up 3rd round pick for Cameron Cloke.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:44 am

Nah thats cool it was a good discussion

Looks like the Saints have done ok as they have recruited Luke Penny and Brooks. I have no idea on Brooks but i always thought Luke Penny was ok.

Melbourne did ok in the deal as they have secured Heffernan and a draft pick. They have also eased their salary cap constraints and held onto their most consistent midfielder in Yze and the very promosing Travis Johnstone.

However i am surprised they didnt go after Ben Kinnear ?? They really do need a tall backmen and Kinnear seemed ideal

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Coxonator 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:47 am

Yeah Penny has looked OK but i was surprised they said he was a ruck option coz he's only really a mid sized defender and i wouldn't imagine he has ever played ruck.

Amazed Brooks was worth picks 8 and 35? but i guess they are desperate for a ruckman. He was a top 10 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: