Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Doggie's President

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 3:46 pm
Post subject: Doggie's PresidentReply with quote

I think his name is David Smorgan! I wish this piss weak guy would go away, he is like and AFL puppet, he should go and hide in a cupboard and lock it!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Smorgon is the wanker who was responsible for changing Footcray's name to "Western Bulldogs".
He made a public statement to the effect that people who lived in Footscray were losers and that the club should not allow itself to be identified with such a 3rd rate area.
He managed to offend a lot of people, including people who had dug deep in 1989 to save Footscray from merging with Fitzroy.

Even supporters of other clubs, including Collingwood, helped Footscray in its 1989 "Fightback" campaign. Then some Toorak businessman called Smorgon comes along in 1996 and decides to take the Bulldogs up-market.

I wish the Footscray/Western Bulldogs had been left to rot in hell. They are a waste of space.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 8:18 am

Exactly right!!!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Menzcrusher 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 10:21 am

Ok, I was directed here by a friend. I am a Bulldogs supporter, and have been since before Smorgan.
Many of the comments you state are true, but I would still rather a president who actually knows the basics of business ethics... does Eddie Mac?

I dont Agree with the name change, it was all a bullshit scheme to make money.. and it failed.
As for bringing us upmarket, I beleive the dogs 94-95 seasons did more than Smorgan has in this way.

He isn't being an AFL puppet, he is just stating the facts, Eddie might try this some time rather tha being so manipulative (Two weeks ago he sat on the Footy Show and abused the afl, then this week he turns around "we've been behind the afl all along"). Your in the middle of a contract with the AFL and MCC, and Eddie is so inexperianced that he is biting up everything the Elliot is telling him.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 1:49 am

I think that McMillionaire is being influenced a little too much by John 'Pig's Arse' Elliot's comments and attitudes towards the AFL. Elliot doesn't know what he is on about with his own hidden agendas, with the best interests of Carlton and not the other Melbourne clubs he says he is working for as well.

Eddie changed his stance during last week, turning against the AFL, while giving his full support to them in all TV rights deals that take place only a week before.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 2:40 am

Eddie has NOT changed his stance. He and the Pies are NOT crossing the floor to join CARLSCUM.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 5:48 am

I have a question for Menzcrusher if you're still around.

I'm very curious to know about what happened to the Footscray Forever Committee that tried to stop the name change when it was announced in 1996.
The change of name was a breach of the club's constitution and this organisation threatened the club with legal action if it proceeded. They were persuaded to back down when Smorgon and his task force, who had just taken over the Board, managed to convince them that a legal battle would send the club broke because they had already commited themselves to it by producing "Western Bulldogs" merchandise.
Part of the deal that helped to convince the Footscray Forever Committee to back down was an agreement that the name change would be put to the vote at the AGM at the end of the 1997.
My question is : what became of that vote? Did it actually take place?
Also, do you know if the Footscray Forever Committee still exists?
One of their spokespersons was someone called Randal Killip, and I think they may have had the support of club stalwart, Jack Collins.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 9:17 am

I actually agree with you menzcrusher on some points, but what exactly you mean by does Eddie know business ethics?

However I wish Eddie would just back away from Carlton and distance himself as far as he can from the scum. He should stick to one point of view and stay with it! I agree that the AFL needs to be transparent but it won't be donw by taking them to court. These guys need to talk, and talk and talk (lock the doors) until they get an outcome.

On the point of David Smorgan, I still believe to some extent that he is playing the AFL puppet and trying to stay on their "good side" and not upset them, I mean what can he say when the Bulldogs home ground is owned by the AFL and Channel 7? Basically nothing!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Menzcrusher 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 12:30 pm

AlfAndrew: The footscray forevergroup gaveup argueingwhen they came to an agreement.If you look on the back ofthejumpers collar there is written "F.F.C." in rememberance of the origion of the club. As little as it is, it satified to Footscray forever group.

Joel whenI ask if Eddie knows Business ethics, its because asPresident he needsto deals with a lot of Business slauses and such.Smorgan, Elliot, Gutnick and many others have previous baan mangars for many large organisations, yet eddie was just built up in the media.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 3:48 pm

I think you being a bit hard on Eddie, this guy has done great getting where he is. And I don't think that it is just built up on media, he does know how to run things! He owns a few business' or is part owner is some of them! Did you know Menzcrusher that Eddie is part owner of the company that makes the Western Bulldogs Website? Anyway, don't knock Eddie, because I'm sure he only wants good for the game, which is unlike Elliot who has his own hidden agendas! I say well done to Eddie, he wasn't educated at a "private" yuppy school, and he has done well to get where he is! Anyway this is getting to become a pretty crap topic.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Believer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 9:33 am

Piss of idiot, Eddie has been bleeding black,n white since he could walk or talk, unlike Barge Arse Smorgon who is only doing this trip with Footsgray to boost his own ego.

We will see who is still around in the presidents stakes in the next few years.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 11:23 am

Who you saying piss off idiot to? If you are saying it to me then, I think you have misunderstood what I have written, otherwise if you are talking to menzcrusher then I agree!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Believer 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 10:46 am

Sorry Joel, that was my first post and I thought it would come up as a reply to Menzcrusher.

I do not apologise to Menzcrusher.

I reckon the dogs should have a good supply of ventalin so they dont choke next Friday night

petro 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 1:34 pm

I think you got it wrong Menzcrusher, Eddie has always backed the AFL on dealing with the broadcasting rights. The thing that Eddie argued about was games live against the gate, which is different. He is also pissed off that the AFL favour some clubs. Also Eddie is not bitting up everything Elliot says, otherwise he would have never said for the AFL and the clubs to sit and talk about the TV rights. He also wouldn't of said this is all a power play. I think Smorgon should look at the facts, that the Bulldogs are not pulling a big crowd, is it because they are at home watching it live?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 2:38 pm

Great comments Petro! Thats what has been so misunderstood for Eddie. Just because he supported "Pig's Ass" on one issue, reagarding live against the gate broadcasting of games on C7 and sometimes channel 7 itself, he apparently is supports John Elliot with everything he says. This is not true and if you people would stop being so close minded then maybe you would see what Eddie is all about!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: