Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:58 am
Post subject: Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?Reply with quote

I try and avoid public transport at the best of times. So when I and the tribe rocked up to Jolimont station to take the train to Clifton Hill after the game, there was a disturbance going on between the police and a disabled couple with down syndrome. It looked awful.

The police had the man in an arm lock with his arms pressed behind his back and his wife started screaming at them to let him go. Then a woman officer restrained her and she went berserk. All the woman wanted to do was go to her husband and didn't understand what the police were doing. And these stupid station officers were acting like something out of the presidents FBI team, putting their arms up to try and hide what was going on. We stayed and watched till they let them go to each other and this calmed them down. We watched because we wanted to ensure the couple were okay. But I felt the police over reacted totally in their use of force on two, who were 4 foot tall and obviously disabled people.

Did anyone else witness this?

Last edited by annewilo on Sat May 14, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some smart officers out there who are good with people. There are also your highly strung incompetents and your small brained neanderthals. Unfortunately, I've witnessed a number of incidents where the police officers have clearly belonged to the later group. In two of these incidents they created a situation of real danger, where none existed before their intervention.

Superficially, annewilo, it seems your officers lacked either training, competence or common sense. Good on you for hanging around and making sure the police felt accountable for their actions.

To any police officer who belongs to the first group, I'm sure most of us understand you have a bugger of a job and we do appreciate what you do for us.

annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:56 am
Post subject: Re: Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont statiReply with quote

I don't know what has caused the incident but the use of force was terrible. The poor mans body looked contorted and he was very distressed. And his wife was crying, screaming and I tried to get to her to comfort her but these bruts were more concerned about restraining her rather than trying to communicate with her.

I know the police have a difficult job in crown control, but this looked on the face value as extremely and badly handled. There was approximately 8 police and transport people to these two little folk.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 am

Did you get video of the incident?
Most people have a phone that can do this. At the least video of the incident can be used by the police themselves to improve their understanding and performance in such situations.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 am

Black_White wrote:
Did you get video of the incident?
Most people have a phone that can do this. At the least video of the incident can be used by the police themselves to improve their understanding and performance in such situations.

Two things here. The last thing I thought of was filming it. I have an iPhone but it didn't even cross my mind. I had a glance of a thought that if something happens, at least they have CCTV here. But didn't for one second consider filming it myself. I was more concerned about the distress of the couple.

It is a shame the mods moved my post as not as many people come in to Vic Tavern. This is a football story that happened with the crowd, on the way home. I am quite keen to see if others saw it so I can assess whether it is worth putting in a complaint, I wanted to check if anyone saw the original incident that triggered to police to do this. Can't think of what could have caused them to use such brutal force and two people with their medical condition.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:29 am

Was that at the city end of the station? I went to the other end and didn't see anything.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 am

stui magpie wrote:
Was that at the city end of the station? I went to the other end and didn't see anything.

Right at the ticket window area.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:44 am

You can make some sort of complaint to the department, and perhaps someone would check out the CCTV footage. Probably unlikely, but might be worth a try. Police have to be able to be held accountable.

Last edited by David on Sat May 14, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:46 am

No I don't think I can do make some complaint to the department and someone would check out the CCTV footage.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:38 pm

^lol you know nothing about usa cops
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:10 am

anne was taslking about station officers, they are not police officers

big difference

ive seen a lot of drongos get "carried away" before the police step in

my 5 foot 5 60kg sister is a cop, she has had full grown drunk men thow her to the floor,

its not always the cops fault you know...

just saying

tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:28 am

I heard there is some type of blitz on 'anti-social' behaviour. Maybe this overreaction was part of that?

As for 'station officers'....clowns who aren't smart enough to be coppers.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:21 am

If you dont validate your ticket, you deserve what you get...
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 am

think positive wrote:
anne was taslking about station officers, they are not police officers

big difference

I reread the opening post and it is clear that she said Police Officer.

Quote:
The police had the man in an arm lock with his arms pressed behind his back and his wife started screaming at them to let him go. Then a woman officer restrained her and she went berserk
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes it was the police officers who had hold of the couple. The station officers or train officers were putting their hands up in the air trying to hide what was going on and stop anyone else going in to try and help. I tried several times to get to the man and the woman but these thugs stopped me.

I am going to make some phone calls tomorrow, first of all to our member of parliament and ask them to look into it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: