Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A S

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Fradam - they got nothing we really want that I can think of and they wont consider early draft picks.

One thing I can tell ya is that Eddie will see this as a very personal issue with the rift currently going on between him and Colless.

Thats why I say dont deal with them. Let him decide between staying in Melbourne and playing with the Pies and possibly a premiership or staying in Melbourne and playing with Carlton via the draft.

DB.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:00 am

He's a big boy now. The homesickness thing is a cop-out. Sydney's not that far away and he would be earning enuf cash to fly home to visit all the time. The bottom line is he obviously doesn't have the passion required to wear the famous black and white and if thats the case, the i'm happy he's going. He may be very talented and a huge loss but at the end of the day, if you don't give your heart and soul for Collingwood, you're not wanted. Sorry Nicky fans. I just hope we get a decent player for him, and saying that, theres no-one from Sydeny I would want playing for us.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:00 am

send him to brisbane for keating

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:02 am

He hasn't gone yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Sydney will not trade with Goodes. Don't think about it.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:12 am

Neil Balme or the Herald Sun are full of it!
Balme said Nick wants to stay and the Herald say he wants to leave. Is it just another Rumour by dickheads who have nothing better to write about and make money out of it? It makes me sick Like Leon leaving? That turned out to be BS...

Go Mighty Magpies
carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:21 am

Do a 3-way deal with St.Kilda to get Everitt

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:33 am

Footballers !

Bah !

Are their brains actually connected or are they just for looks? I've said it before and I'll say it again. With the money those poonces get for chasing a bag of wind around a paddock you reckon they'd be able to hop on a plane to Sydney anytime they got lonely.

For God's sake ... if the kid wants to be a Swannie let the silly bugger be a Swannie ... Let's trade him off for a real footballer ... one who won't go missing when it counts.

And if Sydney's best footballers just happen to be our duds and rejects, then how pathetic does that make Sydney.

Mind you ... I think we ought to get an allowance in our salary cap to help us retain all these poor little homesick kids that we so cruelly draft.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Anjela04 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:53 am

Very well said Doc!

Excuse the language but I cannot handle Soft C**k footballers.

Always Proud & Passionate

[This message has been edited by Elvira04 (edited 03 October 2002).]
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:00 am

Couldn't have said it better myself Miss Magpie and Alfy! I'm not sure these 'kids' realise what it takes to be an elite sportsman. Do the guys playing in the NHL, NBA, soccer etc., play in their hometowns? If they're really, really lucky perhaps. I know what homesickness is all about, I lived in Canada a few years and now my hubby lives here - he hasn't seen his family or friends for 4 years. So I do understand but sooner or later you have to get past it and appreciate the fact that you're one of few that get to play at this level. I'm really getting sick of this whole issue, it's pathetic that Sydney and the lions get more money because of this reason.
This whole issue is given more credit that it derserves, I think a reality check is desperately needed. What's our reaction when Bux says he wants to go back to Port because he misses the place. I know it seems harsh, but Nicky D has been dragging this saga out all year..enougha already!

lones37 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:47 am

I cant believe people saying he will be a big loss?????????? WTF???? One of the softest to ever pull on our famous guernsey. The fact that he has been told at the start of the year to get fair dinkum is indication enough that his heart is else where, so good riddens. Go to a dud club then. We dont want that attitude here. Taz showed in the GF what hard work and contested marks are all about, and chasing and putting your body on the line. These are traits that he has never had, never will. In the prelim he had 6 leads where he was presented the ball in front, didnt mark one of them. Next year put Bux there and Kane Johnson in the middle. If we get him, we will be so much better it wont be funny.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:10 am

Déjà Vu! Wasn't this the talk this time last year.

I understand he wants to be with family, but I wonder if it has more do do with his girlfriend. A plan, all we need is some single magpie girls to befriend gun opposition players and "convince" them to come to Pieland.

Go Pies!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:00 pm

So you'd rather be a swan little Nicky - well close the door on your way out and in the words of the great soup nazi - NO PREMIERSHIPS FOR YOU!!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:05 pm

Buck4Ever, that was a classic!!!
Well done.

-craig

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:28 pm

Im up for the challenge Anthony C. I'll go under cover and 'befriend' Giansiracusa and Croad.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:08 pm

I understand that he wants to go home - fair enough - but why did he drag it out for a whole year? To play in the finals?
His heart was not in it, someone else should have been given the chance.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.

[This message has been edited by stik35 (edited 03 October 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: