Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A S

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:19 am
Post subject: OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A SReply with quote

Black_White has just created a new topic entitled - OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A Swan" - in the General Discussion forum.

Here is what the user posted:

>From HeraldSun Thursday 3/10/02;

Davis wants to be a Swan
03 October 2002 Herald Sun
By MIKE SHEAHAN

NICK Davis has told Collingwood he wants to return to Sydney.

His legal adviser, solicitor Garry Woodhams, advised the Magpies of his plans yesterday.

Davis, who played in Collingwood's losing Grand Final team on Saturday, says he wants to be with family and friends.

"He's homesick, he's been injured, and he hasn't played well, and he thinks it would be better for him and Collingwood if he went to Sydney," Woodhams said last night.

"He thinks Collingwood has treated him fantastically, that everyone at the club is fantastic, and, if they were able to arrange a trade, he'd be happy to go to Sydney."

Asked what would happen if Collingwood refused to deal with the Swans on the clever forward, who is out of contract, Woodhams said: "We'll consider all options open to us."

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said last night: "I haven't heard anything," and referred the matter to chief executive Greg Swann, who could not be contacted.

Davis, 21, played 20 games this year for a total of 71 in four seasons with the Magpies.

He was recruited from the NSW/ACT under-18 team in 1998 under the father-son rule.

His father Craig played 102 games for Collingwood from 1979-83.

Sydney's director of football operations Andrew Ireland said last night there was no agreement in place with Davis.

"If a young New South Welshman wants to come back to Sydney, we'd love to have him, but we understand it might be difficult to arrange with Collingwood.

"We want to reserve our first and second round (draft) picks for young players.

"I told Eddie five or six weeks ago we won't be trading our first or second picks."

Ireland denied any collusion with Davis. "I spoke to him a couple of months ago and told him I reckon, 99 times out of a hundred, people shouldn't change clubs."

Davis's parents live in Sydney, as does his girlfriend.

Woodhams said: "There's been no dispute about money with Collingwood, he just wants to go home.

"He's got no desire to play with any other Melbourne club other than Collingwood."

Davis had a poor season after an interrupted preparation due to osteitis pubis and a mid-year ankle problem. He kicked 31 goals for a career total of 85. He had just six kicks in the Grand Final and did not register a score.

He played like a player whose heart was elsewhere, a reflection of his refusal to re-sign with the Magpies after he and the club indicated it was a formality early in the season.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

molloymagic has just replied to the topic entitled - OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A Swan" - in the General Discussion forum of Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board.

Not to sound bitter but is there any other Collingwood player who originally came from Sydney?.

I guess I can understand why Nick wants to go home but come on,how many other magpies are we going to send to Sydney!!!!!!!.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:22 am

Damien has just replied to the topic entitled - OFFICIAL.!! Nick Davis Tells Collingwood "I Want To Be A Swan" - in the General Discussion forum of Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board.

I say Let him go. But they say they wont trade their first or 2nd picks for him. Suff 'em....if we aint gunna get a good deal I say let him take his chances in the draft and end up at Carlton.

DB.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:23 am

Magpie Gal 19 has just replied to the topic entitled - - in the General Discussion forum of Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board.

\THIS IS MY WORSE NIGHTMARE. NICK WANTING TO BE A SWANETTE\1 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:29 am

C'est la vie, I guess. If he really wants to go, there's no point stopping him. But this'll probably mean he'll go on to win the Swans b&f next season as other Pie players have before him...and that will annoy the crap out of me! I can't believe anyone would prefer to play for any club other than Collingwood!!! Doesn't he understand what a privilege and honour it is to play for the Collingwood Football Club?

Now, who can we get for him? It'd better be good! (and that is no pun! I do not want Adam Goodes at Collingwood)

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:47 am

i'd be happy to have goodes for nick. goodes has developed well, is versatile and well and truly past the laziness that dogged his first couple of seasons.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:49 am

I can understand what Nick is going through. Homesickness is a really tough thing. I moved interstate to work and I didn't handle it well at all. I had a great job in a very pretty place but without family and friends near by it wass too tough and so I came home.

Now the problem I see with trading with Sydney is that if they won't give us draft picks, I don't see any young player up there with any substantial talent that we can get.

Fradam Wrote This
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:08 am

Isn't this the reason why Brisbane and Sydney get the extra $$$ in the salary cap?? To keep players from leaving because they're homesick...ironic isn't it that Sydney, who get 15 % more than any other club gets one of our boys because of this "I miss my family & friends" syndrome. If he wants to go then so be it, he can't play at his best when he's miserable off the field.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:12 am

I'd be really shattered to see Nick go but if he really is homesick then there is no point in making him stay. We have players such as Bucks, Pebbles and Molly who left their original Clubs to return home to Victoria so we can't be too judgemental of Nick (especially as there was a time I moved home because I was homesick!).

I do agree that we should expect to get a pretty good deal considering the calibre of player we are letting go though.

GO PIES!
Marg

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:21 am

i dont really understand it but everyone feels it differently and if his homesickness is so bad he wants to go - all we can do is get something decent for him. bucks didnt come from VIC though marg but you make the good point that we have benefited form similar situations in the past.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:29 am

To me my family is everything and I would never want to be too far away from them.
I understand Nick and his desire to go home, it is a perfectly natural feeling.
Let the boy go and say good luck to him. Get the best trade possioble. Brett James left Collingwood and went home for similar reasons. O'bree was desperate to come home. Jeff White was the same.
It really is OK to do it.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

GreatGonzo Taurus

Muppet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:54 am

Homesickness, grow up everyone he is a professional footballer.

If he can't handle it give it up.

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:17 am

he'll stay! NOBODY GETS PASSED EDDIE!!! he wont go!! we'll c in about 2 more days!

footy ROX!
Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:34 am

GreatGonzo - Thanks for your advice, but actually I am grown up.
Now you know that, would you like to offer some REAL suggestions instead of gratuitous platitudes that offer nothing to the debate.
Ahh but wait - he is a professional footballer - I see where you are heading, yep that should deal with the issue, nothing more to discuss then.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:43 am

If he wants to go, we can't stop him. It'll be better for us and him if he's not willing to play well.

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: