Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jason Wild

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lozza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 1999 6:14 pm
Post subject: Jason WildReply with quote

Is it just me, or is Jason Wild just not up to league standard?????

nrb 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 1999 3:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its just you.
If you watched today's game you would have seen that Wild was at the bottom of most packs and was always willing to win the hard ball. I get sick of reading all of the negative comments on this list regarding Jason Wild. All the would be experts must know more than Judkins etc. Granted Wild would struggle to get a game in another AFL club, but so would at least 2/3rds of the Collingwood team at present.

One of my favourite footballers is Paul Williams and I consider him to be one of the most talented in the league, however an objective comparison of Wild and Williams today would show that our team would have lost more by not having Wild on the field than Williams.

petro 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 1999 2:45 pm

Are you serious nrb Wild is the worst player ever to play football, I will grant you one thing, he does try. But that is not good enough, espcially when his opponet gets 30 posesions and he keeps giving the ball away.

Lozza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 1999 5:08 pm

To nrb,
Just finished reading your reply. Excuse me for a moment while I pick myself up from the ground. The only explanation I can come up with in regards to your reply is that you must be related or affiliated to Jason Wild somewhere along the line. Surely you cannot be serious.

How many games has he played for Collingwood since debut? How many good games has he played for Collingwood? How many times has he figured in our best players in a match? How many younger and betters do we have in the seconds that are worth trying? How many times does he turn the ball over in a game? I lose count at quarter time! So what if he gets under the pack! All he does is jump on the damn thing and force a ballup! On the rare occasion that he actually gets the ball out he gives it away anyway! Yeah qualities like that make for a top footballer! Yeah right!

How dare you make any sort of comparison between Jason Wild and Paul Williams? Willo has got more skill under his left armpit than the whole of Jason Wild's body.

It's people like you and players like Jason that make Collingwood an ordinary football club at present. Why? Sounds like your happy to settle for mediocrity! I, and thousands of others, aren't!!!!!!!

Jason is not even close to league standard. I'm not blaming him for our poor form, but he doesn't help. I wonder if he didn't have number 22 on his back...........

p.s Next thing you'll probably say is that it was a mistake to get rid of Josh Mahoney!!

nrb 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 1999 3:09 am

Lozza
Strange that I don't see your name anywhere at the club trying to assist in any of the areas you have pointed out that we have weaknesses in. You maintain you are not prepared to put up with mediocrity..... what is it that you have done to change that? Your answer to that question will tell us all a lot about you. You may just be an incessant complainer that does nothing but try and attribute blame. It is a good thing that we have a supporter like you who knows more than Shaw, Wheadon and Judkins when it comes to identifying talent and selecting the team. I am most relieved.

Mick 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 1999 3:18 am

nrb - you must be kidding about Jason Wild.
I saw him at training with Shane Morwood doing kicking 30m apart. Quite seriously he couldn't hit Morph on the chest more than twice in a row.
It was quite pathetic seeing him head down, tongue out concentrating like mad and still wasn't getting any better. Meanwhile Morwood who's been out of the game 5 years (?) laconically put them on Wild's chest laces up with left and right.
The comparisons to Shaw are also untrue. Both played corageously and would dive into packs and both wore 22 - but the similarities end there. Shawry may not have been a long kick but he was accurate. He had very good hands. He could read the play. He got a lot of the footy. He did all the hard things. He was a reliable mark for his size. And he was a great leader.
Not only would Wild not get a game elsewhere in the AFL but if dropped from the list he'd do a Bulluss and not even a VFL Club would pick him up.

He is holding back the development of some of the youngsters who are better long term prospects and let's face it the Club needs to start thinking about the long term.

PS Refer Jon Anderson's article in today's Herald Sun for a summary of the cleanout without replacement policy Shaw & Co. have devastated the Club with. If a coach panel has been at a Club for 4 years how long is it before they get the blame for the bad list and poor recruiting ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: