Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Delists for 2002

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon CAAS I've got to get back to work and I'm hanging out for this. Is it Steinfort, Adkins and Shaw????

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:57 am

dgen,
yes i think they should piss off rhyce shaw, tell me what future does he have? judging by his entire career so far at collingwood, he has no future there, theres no point keeping him, we dont want reserves players. the fact that he was even on the list this year is ridiculous, i hope they ARE trading him, though who would want him?
to be the best team in the competition we cant keep players like him.

ask yourself this, do u think BRISBANE would put up with some of the players on our list? i doubt rhyce shaw would have lasted as long as he has if he were on THEIR list.

others that should maybe go (not necessicarily delist, but trade) are,

adkins, now im not sure about him, he had a lot of potential b4 he got injured so maybe we can trade him for a good player, but then again maybe he will be right next year?

kinnear, hasnt really gotten a real go but is tradable.

to get a somewhat good player, maybe holland, he hasnt preformed consistently. and remember to get a decent player, you need to trade a decent player. steinfort is in this category too.

richardson MAY last another year but i doubt it will extend beyond that.

there are several players on our list that i havent seen play (as they have only been in the ressies) so i cant comment on them.

during the pre season they need to work on cole, he turns the ball over too much.

anyway whether you like it or not, i doubt that collingwood selectors will delist 5 players and thats it, therefore some of them HAVE TO GO!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:21 am

Farewell lads. And good luck on future endeavours.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:30 am

my guess would be Heath Scotland

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:06 am

JLC, I do hope it's not scotland. he has really blossomed this year, when given his opportunity. it would be a shame to give up the years of development and investment that the pies have put into him.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
CAAS 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:13 am

Shaw is definetly being traded, you'll find it is for a 3rd round pick. If no club takes him then he'll be gone b4 the pre season draft. Dont be surprised if he gets a late reprieve from the club though, my mail suggests he is gone though.

Scotto - Straight from the horses mouth said he didnt know if he was staying with the Pies, he only signed a 12 month contract last year and he is a favorite of Laidley's so the club might let him go but I doubt it.

Steinlager - wont be going nowhere, with Dimma delisted, we have only 2 taggers, Licca and Steinlager. Burns as well but he's more a prime mover than a stopper (so's Licca now).

Kinnear - Could be part of the trade for spider, just depends on what the saints want. They have said they want an onballer plus a utility which brings Kinnear into the equation. Holland is also in the mix.

Spider will cost the club 2 players, possibly 3. 1 is definetly a player that played a fair bit this year. I cant tell you yet as i am not sure but i have a fair idea. I am just waiting to spek with the guy in question b4 posting his name. You'll be surprised. Only 2 weeks and trading begins.
I can tell you that Jason Torney is bound for North, Johnson to the Tigers, Carey to Adelaide (really?) plus North have agreed to Adelaides 1st pick and Richmonds 2nd.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:14 am

I thought the Hill's were rookie listed. That would mean we have room for only 3 new players on the senior list. In that case there are more delistings to come if no players are traded. Presumably the club is waiting to see if any other clubs want particular players as trades.

Players I would definately trade:

Steinfort - can play but we don't need him. Lica does his job much better and we have other second choice taggers. He might be worth somethinig.

Kinnear - not good enough for senior football. I would love to trade him but what would we get? I suspect he will be delisted unless a club accepts him as part of a multi player deal.

Scottland - good player but if we want early draft choices or quality players we have to give something up. We have plenty of 20 possession midfielders.

Holland - Didak and Leon davis are better options as small forwards and if we could keep Nick Davis Holland would not get a game. Would be worth something as a trade.

Freeborn - handy player but we have other to fill his roles. Could get something for him especially in conjunction with above players in a package deal.

Other players who may go:

Shaw - I would keep him for 1 more year. Has pace but has a lot to wrok on to be a senior player. Worth nothing as a trade.

Adkins - may be used as trade bait. I think he has huge potential and it would be a mistake to trade him IMO.

Mark Richardson - probably too old to be traded. I would keep him for another year as a handy tall backup.

Nick Davis - looks gone but IMO he is one of our most talented players. We should have one more big crack at signing him on a big incentive based 2 year contract. If not we should organise a deal involving Nick and the above trade bait players for a ruckman. Sydney have nothing we need so it will have to involve at least a 3 way deal.

Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:23 pm

I don't think we need to make too many changes. Another ruck is what we need but we have a lot of talent and a lot players itching to play senior football. There weren't many changes last year and we made the GF. Don't want to sound like a broken record but our players have belief.

MM said at the Copeland he was looking forward for players like Cole, Cloke, Guy Richards and someone else (I forget) to play there best footy at AFL level at Collingwood so his focus is still on rebuilding the team with young talent. I reckon we still need players like Freeborn & Steinfort. We need to keep developing our young with experienced players for balance. We don't want to crash & burn like Essendon or North.

Look out for the 'Pies, the future is BLACK & WHITE.

One more thing, when players do leave the last thing I want to hear are boos when they play us in their first game, PLEASE!?!?!. Except maybe for ND - alrighty, just kidding!!!!!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:29 pm

Remember you have to slot MCG, Cole and Clokey into the GF team,if ND goes, well that's room for one, the other two may be steiner and scots or freeborn, with the "rotational" system we had this year. Not sure if it's that fair on teh players, but it's good for the club!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:34 am

MarkT, as I understand the Hills were promoted from the rookie list at the start of this year. Therefore we have (presently) five positions to fill. Does anyone know if the player list is to be reduced next year? Does anyone know more about our current rookies, James Podsiadly looks a chance. IMO with five spots to fill, stuff trading (like last year) unless there is a very good deal to be made, possibly pick up some good delists from other clubs and keep going for some young guys to maintain the "ERA" for the future. With natural improvement some of our present youngsters will hold us in very good stead.

Go Pies!
Murray 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:52 am

Rowdy4ever, the other player was Tom Davidson (and I keep telling ya people this kid is a gun) I have seen him several times playing for Willy, he only got a few games because he was injured a fai bit.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:19 am

yep, the hills were elevated to the senior list. Pods is a chance, as is Justin Crow. Tommy Davidson should play next year i think and Murray is spot on - he's a gun. Guy Richards was playing in the Willy 2nds and not making much of an impact - now or never for Guy i think. he must improve quickly next year. anyone know of any truth to the rumour tristen walker(our other young ruck hope)has left the club and returned to WA? maybe i heard wrong.

JessDavisHollandLicaDidak Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:26 am

i just wanna wish the best of luck to all of those boys- i will miss u all........ especially WANGA (A J Hill)! i love ya mate! ur a champ! u will ALWAYS be my #41

I love Dane #36, Damien #2, Guy #30 and Daniel Giansiracusa 4 EVA!
Brent PLZ come back... look what ur missing out on!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:12 am

Walker hasnt left the club. Rumours are false.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: