Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Team against Sydney

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rash 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 8:13 am
Post subject: Team against SydneyReply with quote

Hi All

Just a few comments on how we should cover the loss of Mal and Rowdy. I think Watto should come in for Mal. However, I would play Chris Tarrant in Mal's position and let Watto run with Adam Goodes if Goodes play's in the forward line. If that does'nt work, we could swap them around. Watto can kick goals in the forward line as he has been doing in the reserves. I do prefer to see Chris Tarrant in the forward line. I think bring in Tyson Lane as a forward pocket player to replace Rowdy. I would keep the rest of the team the way they started against Carlton.

What do you guys think?

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 1:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've got the right 2 players coming in but we wouldnt put Watson On Adam Goodes. He's the real danger man at Sydney, too tall and strong for Watto.

So long as Goodes lines up in the forward line somehwere i would put Ben Kinnear on him. He is the more mobile of our tall defenders so maybe he can quick up with Goodes.

I'd also like to see Scotland get a run, maybe at the expense of Ben Johnson.

Ukovic has also been struggling but he may get 1 more chance.

rash 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 1:14 pm

You could be right there Mr_Plow. I havn't seen that much of Ben Kinnear but I heard that he lacks pace which would be a worry against Goodes. I realy think that he will be hard to match up on.

Who do you think will get the nod to play on Michael O'Loughlin?

Cheers

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 5:20 pm

Its always interesting to see other peoples opinions. Like Ukovic struggling I think he was one of our better players the first two weeks and he had a quiet one against Carlton. Lets change the winning side as little as possible. Watto should come in and prove himself. Surely this has got to be one of his last chance. I like Malthouses little games about the training session. Rocca to kick 8 this week.
Lozza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 5:55 pm

I agree with you NT -Pie, Ukovic certaintly played very well in the first 2 games but did have a quiet one against Carlscumbags and there for should not even be considered to be dropped, especially on the smaller SCG where I think his run out of the backline would be even more beneficial. I reckon Watto should be included in the squad, he's a tough nut and will make our backline stonger, to MMM's liking.

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 12:26 pm

Ukovic - i like him, he's got skill and pace which is a change from a lot of our previous defenders. From what i saw of him in pre-season he was struggling.

Yes he had a great game against the Hawks but i think i sorta remember him being benched for a lot of the cows match, and i know he was against the bluez.

Funnily enough rash, i think Ukovic could be one of our better options to match up on O'Loughlin. I would have picked Burns but the height difference could be a problem.

Anyway so long as we get the ball infront of big Sav it wont make any difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: