Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Davis Factor

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Standing Room for the match ... nearby were a bunch of Doggies supporters, moaning & groaning that Leon was giving them the s**ts all night, funny stuff. Onya Leon, happy.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 am

Yer he is so important to our side. Even if you take away his goals...his tackling pressure was superb.

I think the week off did him the world of good...its just a shame we lost the game in the week between.

It's good because we get the split round soon, so he'll get another rest. Definitely needs to be rested again leading into finals.

He is probably one of the most important players in the team.

To win a flag, I think we need Trav to hold down CHF, Presti to hold down key forwards, Jolly to win in the ruck, Ball to win in the clearances, and Davis to be the igniter.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 pm
Post subject: Leon DavisReply with quote

So good to have such a positive post on Leon. His exquisite touch has been missing all year and last night was a lot like the Leon of old..and his team mates really gave him great encouragement and praise when he kicked his first goal, Great to see.I agree that his tackling and nimbleness around the ball worries a lot of sides ,thereby adding more pressure on the forward line. Now we just need him to find that inbuilt radar he has for the goals and get his confidence up where it should be.
By the way, what a great give to our new goalsneak HARRY O.

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Sultan of spin wrote:
Only reason he polarises opinion is because a lot of supporters are idiotts.

Nothing to do with the dismal performances in finals?

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

oops!
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 pm
Post subject: Re: The Davis FactorReply with quote

David wrote:
GlovemanGayfer wrote:
Leon. I love to watch you play. I love the sound the crowd makes when you get the ball and I know you can be the man to take us that extra step. It's time for the Davis factor.

This is possibly one of the best posts I have ever read on Nick's. Great stuff.

"...the man to take us that extra step..."

Mate, I've been waiting nearly 10 years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:53 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Yer he is so important to our side. Even if you take away his goals...his tackling pressure was superb.

I think the week off did him the world of good...its just a shame we lost the game in the week between.

It's good because we get the split round soon, so he'll get another rest. Definitely needs to be rested again leading into finals.

To win a flag, I think we need Trav to hold down CHF, Presti to hold down key forwards, Jolly to win in the ruck, Ball to win in the clearances, and Davis to be the igniter.

yep all sounds good - plus Leon looked HAPPY playing, always improves your output if your enjoying it - he didnt looked stressed as he has lately, which an injury could explain,

he has never been a massive showoff when he works his magic - so why would he be more fourthcoming about an injury?

who cares, as long as he keeps it up! it was brilliant watching him yesterday

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I agree on Leon, he is so important to our side, yet he is so maligned by many of our fans.

You look at the ins today, Medhurst, Leon, Brown and Fraser, and over time, all have been branded as not good enough in big games, yet they improve our side immensely when included.

I'm expecting to see the "old" Leon Davis and Medhurst show today, and it will simply put be the difference between the pies playing like they have the last 2 weeks, and playing better today and winning quite easily.

Leon, when fit, is in our top 10 players still, anyone who argues that really doesn't understand football.

correct except for Medhurst ,If we see the Leon of Sunday every fortnight I will still be happy

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Leon has failed in September. That is a fact.
His performances though have helped us get to September on many occasions. For these performances alone I love him.
I hope, almost as much as I crave a Premiership, that he can remove this slur upon him and perform in September, pushing us to ultimate glory.
For Leon to stand on the dias receiving a Premiership medal would erase all the "Nicky" crap of past years that has inflicted our great club.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

member34259 wrote:
His performances though have helped us get to September on many occasions. For these performances alone I love him.
I hope, almost as much as I crave a Premiership, that he can remove this slur upon him and perform in September, pushing us to ultimate glory.
For Leon to stand on the dias receiving a Premiership medal would erase all the "Nicky" crap of past years that has inflicted our great club.

Well said!!!!!!
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 pm

DaVe86 wrote:

... and Dawes or Leigh Brown in the forward line as well. Cloke doesn't perform, otherwise. But as for Davis, the week off did him wonders. The threat of being dropped was enough to re-ignite the spark, I think. And the spark is NEON!!!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:37 am
Post subject: Its clear we CANNOT win without Leon Davis!Reply with quote

the pies big guys just arent dominant enough to win a flag. we need an x-factor player. Leon is that guy. we need him playing well.

however, given that i also fear that Leon Davis goes into some kind of "deer caught in headlights coma" when we play the cats and saints, that might mean we cannot win the flag.

Leon Davis does have the same number of letters as Norm Smith! that is what we need to win the flag if you ask me.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am

ThePieMind wrote:
member34259 wrote:

Well said!!!!!!

Know this. barry Bonds failed on the big stage every year for 10 years and then played the greatest world series and post season of any player in the history of basesball and nearly single handedly won the Giants a world Series.

A-rod also was seen as a choker when it mattered until last year when he basically led from the front for the yankees and won them a World Series.

Jana novotona, arguably the biggest choker in the history of womens tennis, ultimately came back and won her wibledon title.

The point of the thread is this. the sun even shines on a dogs ass somedays. anyone can win the lottery.......

Leon davis is one good september away from legend status. who is to say it cant be this year.

we cant win without him so we might as well get on board and ride him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: