Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why I love Living in Queensland

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:41 am
Post subject: Why I love Living in QueenslandReply with quote

I have been reading some of the posts and decided it was about time that I put in my 2 cents worth. I was wondering what I was to say when it came to me...I Love Living in Queensland...WHY!!?? I hear you all ask and exclaim..well here's why.....

Here in Queensland we get hardly any football news, the little we do get comes from obscure reports on Sports Tonight and for the very brave a late night i.e. 2am, to get some news from the footy show. We get a 2 page spread in the Sunday Mail, the pathetic excuse of a newspaper they have up here and all that is in it are copied and pasted articles from the afl website...We get talking footy on Tuesday nights once again after midnight (not that talking footy provides much intelligent conversation about footballs state of affairs..that Carolyn Wilson chick is a shocker)You could say that we up here are completely starved of football news and action...We never hear any of the hype about upcoming games, we never hear the rumours of injury, we never hear about what club is big noting themselves, we never hear how eddie is always talking about collingwood, we never hear about the developments at victoria park, the mcg deal, never heard anything about that new venue collingwood are looking at, wouldn't know who are uncontracted at the end of the season, never heard of the problems that were experienced at collingwood before eddie took over never heard...well you get the picture.....so there you sit thinking, "Why does he love living in Queensland if he loves afl that much and never sees or hears about the game"..well I will tell you what we have seen and heard....

We have seen Collingwood's results get better each year since MM came to the club from bottom to second bottom then into the 8 ( I reakon we will still make it) we have seen a vast improvement in our team list..some real stars have landed at the club and will take a long time to burn out..these stars are long term and from what I have seen will be the instigators of a dynasty of finals success. We have seen the boys turn up to the gabba wearing Versace Suits and look like a real professional outfit, this is a reflection that behind the scenes things are going well. We have seen a policy of recruitment that is working for me..try and tell me that we haven't got a good return from any of the players that we got via trades Holland, Clement, Steinfort, Molloy have been all good..if we can score 4 more players like that then we are on the right track, we have seen a new mentality arise from the club, especially this year, one that says we will not lay down, we will not give up, WE ARE COLLINGWOOD....we have seen all of these things, and I have to say I for one am very impressed..so I love living in Queensland because......

My decision to support collingwood is not influenced by what eddie and the back room are doing, what trades we are going to get in the off season, what the clubs financial position is, by how many times Collingwood appears in the press or by any other thing. The driving influence behind me supporting the club is the feeling i get in my heart when i see those boys...i don't care if they are bottom, top or somewhere in between, when those boys run out on the field, wearing those colours..THE MIGHTY BLACK AND WHITE..I become a better person inside, because I know that, THAT IS MY TEAM and I love em and nothing anybody says or does will take that feeling away from me or make me love them less...7 years without finals action..who give a shit!!! does that make me love them any less hell no!!!! We haven't recruited the big names, does that make me love em any less..HELL NO!!!! if they miss out on the finals again, does that make me love them less..HELL NO!!!! does the fact that we got beaten by Essendon make me love them any less..HELL NO!!!! WHY....Cause there is always next week!!!!! and I tell you what that in my book..makes me a supporter!!!!

GO THE PIES!!!!

Northern Pie

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read Northern Pie.
However, i live in QLD and HATE the fact I don't live in Melbourne. Nothing would make me happier to be a part of the mighty Collingwood cheer squad.
But i am destined to live in Melbourne, and when i finish Year 12, i want to move back down again.

CARN THE PIES!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:27 pm

Excellent stuff Northern Pie

Keep up that passion i reckon its great..good on ya.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 7:42 am

That brought a tear to my eye Northern Pie.
It must be hard not being able to experience the games live.
The goosebumps you get watching the guys run the ball out of defense and the ecstasy when we score a goal.
You probably find out most of the news right here.
The team have had a great year with lot's of improvement.
We will only get better.

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:02 am

I agree with NP on everything he has said. Yea I hear ya's your all thinking; oh he is just saying that because he is my brother. That maybe true but here is what I think. I love the Pies. In fact I am currently going through withdrawal symptons because i have'nt seen the boys play for at least 4-5 weeks. It has become so bad that my wife has booked me in to rehab because i am a Collingwood Junkie. It is not going to work because B&W blood flows through veins and the only way I can find reprieve is to watch Collingwood play. However, relief is just around the corner as we will get the Carlscum game telecast here in QLD. Therefore, this week OH OH OH I HAVE BECOME COMFORTABLY NUMB.

SMASH THOSE BLUE BASTARDS!!!!

GO PIES!!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:45 am

I lived up North for a decade. Keeping up with the news was terrible, The Australian was compulsory reading, as it had more footy stuff, than the local papers did.

But my support for the club continued to burn, and I took pride in saying "I am a Collingwood supporter and nothing I have seen up here compares with us."

Now that I am back, I revel in going to the games, win, lose or draw. I get perplexed when talking to other supporters who only want to speak ill of the club, or player(s) etc. I go in the Footy tipping even though I know that I have no chance of winning it unless Collingwood win about 20 games (closest I have come to winning, is 1990!).

So in summary, Northern Pie, I can see where you are coming from.

Greg J
Rinnovator Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:40 am

totally agree!!i live in Perth and its exactly the same. Once or twice a year I am treated with a visit from the boys and I tell ya the thrill lasts for sooo long .

GO PIES!!!

serendipity 

The Road to Glory.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:33 pm

Couldn`t agree with you more..NP..It`s *$##*& hard being "all the way up North" and missing out on so much of what we love.But, with the help from people like yourself, and the army of Collingwood supporters who keep us informed via the bulletin boards and chat rooms, we can still enjoy being a close part of the mightiest Team. Thank you all.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:25 pm

Loved reading that, Nth. Especially 3rd. paragraph.

I'm not a banana bender but do live near the border in NSW and have for 28 years since leaving Victoria. I first encountered you in the scoreboard chat and was really impressed with your never-say-die enthusiasm.

Nick's (and Fox) has been a life saver for me and I visit every day. Some would say 'Get a life!" but they wouldn't be Collingwood supporters.

Look, here I am at 1.30 on a Sunday morning and there wasn't even a game last night. LOL.

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:11 am

Spot on Nth, my sentiments exactly. I lived in canada for 12 mths and had to rely on the net to get info, shame I didn't know about Nick's then. It's this sense of pride and passion for the Club that makes Collingwood the greatest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: