Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What are you listening to right now?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

technically not right now but last night i went to one of the mso's annual concerts at the music bowl. they played some rachmaninov, tchaikovsky, strauss and gershwin.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Bach's Italian Concerto in F Major BWV 971. From CD 3 of Richter's complete Decca, Philips and DG recordings. Only 48 more CDs after this one. Should keep me amused for a bit.

Seriously, this box set (released for the 100th anniversary of his birth) is an absolute bargain - it works out at about $3 per disc.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Guns N Roses are seriously underrated. At the time in the 80's I'll admit I didn't appreciate them as much as they deserved but by Dog, in hindsight when you look at the music they created, a motley crue (pun intended) of extremely talented misfits, they were just frikken brilliant. I could have a genuine best of GnR Cd as my CD on Tannins Island.

I read Slash's autobiography a few years back. Wow, as a story of 80's excess it's only beaten by Ozzy, but damn the boy is good on the guitar, you can here in his current solo stuff who the creative soul behind GnR was.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 am

Recently been listening to Calvin Harris and going back through my Josh Groban, the guy has an amazing voice.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:49 am

Godley & Creme

My Body the Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVq2zHKUHaI

Tried to listen to one of the most underrated Albums of all time (IMO) Godley & Cremes "Consequences".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDTzAfEow2c

Was able to listen to this when we had time. It's too long to listen to now. This is side 1. If I recall correctly it's 3 a LP Album box where they use "The Gizmo".

What is the Gizmo? (otherwise known as the Gizmotron)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gizmo

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 am

stui magpie wrote:
Guns N Roses are seriously underrated. At the time in the 80's I'll admit I didn't appreciate them as much as they deserved but by Dog, in hindsight when you look at the music they created, a motley crue (pun intended) of extremely talented misfits, they were just frikken brilliant. I could have a genuine best of GnR Cd as my CD on Tannins Island.

I read Slash's autobiography a few years back. Wow, as a story of 80's excess it's only beaten by Ozzy, but damn the boy is good on the guitar, you can here in his current solo stuff who the creative soul behind GnR was.

He's playing at Soundwave this weekend. Unfortunately, his set clashes with one of the star heavy metal acts - I think Iron Maiden.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Guns N' Roses are one of the best hard rock bands going around and one of my favourites of all time along with AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Metallica and Iron Maiden.

They've got so many great songs from Sweet Child O Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain, Paradise City and many more on top of that. A thoroughly underrated band as you say.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:

i am surprised. i would have thought someone like you would have been all over them. loved them back in the day.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 pm

^
I've always liked ACDC, used to like the Beatles more than the Stones but have changed that as I've got older, in the 80's I was more Bon Jovi than GnR, probably more because they were on the radio more on the station i listened to.

The test of good music is how well it holds up in decades after it was first made. GnR holds up very very well.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

He's playing at Soundwave this weekend. Unfortunately, his set clashes with one of the star heavy metal acts - I think Iron Maiden.

Sorry, I got that wrong - Slash clashes with Judas Priest (I always get Iron Maiden and Judas Priest confused). Slash plays tomorrow (Saturday) night 6.40 to 8.20 on Stage 2, apparently - if anyone needs that information.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Off to Roxette tonight! Should I be embarrassed!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:52 pm

You've got the look. Razz

Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Embarassed

Must of been love.......

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:01 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Embarassed

Must of been love.......

But it's over now.........

Damn. Singstar has a lot to answer for. Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Embarassed

Must of been love.......

But it's over now.........

Damn. Singstar has a lot to answer for. Embarassed

Hahahahaahahaha yup love my sing star

And I sound way better than Roxette did tonight! Total crapola! So many people walked out!

I waited til I heard THAT song, which is on my favourites list, and she destroyed it! It was about the eighth song. She sat on a stool , didn't move once, and looked so bored! They did dressed for success next, then dangerous, but it was just so tepid! I said lets go!

Kenny Rodgers was so much better!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Page 46 of 112   

Jump to: