Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

who went to 1990 grandfinal?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:06 am
Post subject: who went to 1990 grandfinal?Reply with quote

who went to the 1990 grand final ? what was it like

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there in the olympic stand bottom level..it was unbelievable..something i will never ever forget and on the way out i picked up some MCG turf from the centre of the ground and wrapped it in plastic i now have it in a jar in my study

And them celebrations up hoddle st and at the ground, a very special moment for all of us.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:24 pm

im soooooooo jealous!! but ill be there this year m8! or the next ! you bloody beauty , ive been waiting all my life for finals.

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:05 pm

OMG dats so kool Joffa!
I so wanna go to da G/F! It would be da bestest eva experience!
I waz only 2 yrs old in 1990 but I sorta remember wearing all da pies gear and stuff!! I am soooooooooo looking foward to da finals dis year!! yaaaay!!! GO DA PIES!!
luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T
Larsperson 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:23 pm

I was 12 at the time...we were sitting at the top of the Ponsford underneath the scoreboard, was a fantastic game..so want it to happen again..dont appreciate it so much when u are younger. Went back to Vic park afterwards. Was an amazing day. Still remember looking over at my old man with 5 minutes to go and he was crying. Lost count of the amount of losing grand finals he had been to. Was more happy for him than me on that day.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:29 pm

I was there, and was also with my brother's generation of friends who'd attended all our losing Grand Finals throughout the 70's and 80's. They refused to celebrate or even consider it until the very last 5 minutes. By the end of it, a few of them were in tears - which was pretty strange to see, as a lot of these guys aren't the sort you'd like to bump into at night.

Everybody was pretty nervous in the First Quarter because it looked like Salmon would run rampant. When the fight erupt at the break and it turned out to be Gavin Brown who was KO'ed, there was a deathly pall. But in that Second Quarter we got the run-on while Essendon kept playing the man.

When the Final Siren went, everybody was jumping on everybody, which lasted pretty much all the way back to the pub we'd started at in Richmond, and then during the walk back to Victoria Park. It was like seeing something out of Gremlins - supporters were jumping on cars in traffic to let them know who'd won, there was drinking on the streets, it was nuts.

Victoria Park was even wilder. You get "loud" during matches, but it's always a bit diluted by opposition. On this night, it was just all black and white. We actually were just standing around when the players filed passed us, (including Millane, who I'll always remember from that night). I'm pretty saw I even saw our present-President, who, I think, was only a reporter for 10 at the time, celebrating with our players, as well as Lou Richards and a host of others.

Wouldn't have thought it would be such a long time around before we even contemplated celebrating again.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Rant!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:46 am

i was too young to REALLY enjoy 1990. it's a bit of a blur.

but can you imagine how much we're gonna celebrate when we finally win it again?

haha it'd be AMAZING. i reckon all the cricketers' boys would head back to the beer garden and have about 100 beers, joff would make an hour-long speech, and then we'd ALL walk back to viccy park. even if our home base was olympic park, we'd have to walk back to vic park.

i wouldn't sleep for a week i reckon. if anything, i'd probably pass out in the middle of vic park.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:27 am

I went to '77 x 2, '79, '80, '81 and finally 1990.
What a day, what a night, what a Sunday and what a Monday at work. What a week. The H/Sun really became the Magpie Daily. The world was Balck and White.

Sly, I know what they felt. I was with a North supporting mate and he said throughout the last Q that we had it in the bag. I'm sure he would have said that at half time in 1970, 3 quarter time in 1977, 5 min. before 3q time in '81, etc. etc. It was over when Monkey kicked the goal and I could finally enjoy the time until the siren went with some kind of fear of a comeback.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 24 August 2002).]
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:32 am

I was only 4 in 1990.
My brother and dad both went....
I stayed home with my mum who is the only Essendon supporter in the family... She tried to dress me up in Essendon gear.... i quickly took it off even at 4.... That experince almost scared me for life

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:19 am

I wonder if El Barto went to the 1990 Grand Final ...

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:40 am

FOXY

haha mate i reckon i'd be on a back of a ute from richmond to collingwood with one of them hand held microphone things...thucken hell wouldnt it be a speech,to use an 'eddieism' we'd drop there pants and give it to them em...hahaha u beauty.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:07 pm

me me me - had the misfortune to be at the 1970 nightmare (but I was very young!) then 77 x2, 79, 80 and 81 1990 was the best feeling I have ever had in my life we sat on the wing with West Coast people behind us who kept trying to give us champagne at 3/4 time as 'we had it won" they thought we were mad as we kept telling them to shut up and could not relax and realise it was truly ours until the 25min last quarter. Mum and I just looked at each other - said it's really ours and promptly burst into tears - cried all the way through the first two renditions of Good Old Collingwood - tears of joy!!! Didn't come home for 3 days - no wonder my liver still hurts!!

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:27 am

I was there in 90 was pretty lucky to get tickets when I bought my semi tickets they go we can only give you standing room but can also sale you standing room for thre Grand final.My mate got locked up at the game as we had been on the turps the nite before.Managed to get him out and had back to Viccy Park late.I remember a few Essendon thugs coming out of the darkness and king hitting a few of us and then disappearing into the nite the filthy bastards.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:15 am

Yep, my sister and I were there. In the southern stand which was undergoing renovations (before it became the Great Southern Stand as it is known today). Dad got us tickets through his work (yep, corporate seats - great idea when you can benefit from them and get them for free, but shithouse when it means the diehard fan misses out!)

Went out to celebrate afterwards - none of my friends were Pie supporters so they refused to go to Vic Park with me , but we did go out to the Downunder in Lygon Street, and all the Essendon cheersquad was there. I bagged the cheersquad leader mercilessly, and then got up on stage and sung the Collingwood song by myself! Loved every minute of it!!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:46 am

I was only 9 in 1990 but I still was at that game on Saturday October the 6th. My parents and brother and I were sitting in the Olympic stand I think. my brother went to the copeland and had a photo with Eddie back than. I was too young to go celebrating at Vic Park tha nite so mum and dad took me home and watched the game over again. But the next day we all went there and had a fab time at Vic Park!!!

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: