Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bad luck Bazza

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:27 pm
Post subject: Bad luck BazzaReply with quote

Barry Hall - Absolute lunatic. Tying up his shoelaces on the ground and pest Scott Thomspon knowing he will get a reaction from Hall bumps him.... Hall responds by putting Thomspon in a headlock and raising the elbow and clocking a Roo player in the head on his way off the ground.

With his recent shocking record he deserves at least two weeks, you CAN NOT put someone in a head lock, that is REALLY dangerous Baz, he should know better.

2+ weeks and I might see ya sitting next to me in the stands in a couple of weeks time when the Pies clash with the Dogs.

What did everyone else think?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And Thompson should be allowed to go unreprimanded? I saw the footage, and Hall was pretty heavily provoked.
charmer Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Doesn't really matter if you're provoked. Provocation is no longer an excuse, not even in a court of law (i think? should have paid attention in legal studies a few years back)
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Maybe you should ask someone older.
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 pm

charmer wrote:
Doesn't really matter if you're provoked. Provocation is no longer an excuse, not even in a court of law (i think? should have paid attention in legal studies a few years back)

Spot on. Barry must go for at least two weeks here. Not good enough by Barry I'm afraid.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Would of thought he was entitled to a free kick. Contact made with him and was the ball anywhere near 5 metres?

Though you could not push anyone when the ball is not within distance.
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey if your provoked what 10 times what do you do keep walking away?? same same here???
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Well, I think we all know he wont get two.
didaksrightfoot 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 pm

I think he should get away with just a fine (but given that its Barry - a 1 week suspension is probably on the cards)

However- I think the Umpires need to take a long hard $£$%^%%$ look at themselves. Reputation or not - Barry is the anti-Judd/Ablett when it comes to umpiring decisions. I dont think I've ever seen anybody else treated so poorly by the umpires on such a consistent basis.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:48 pm

charmer wrote:

Of course it matters! Would someone who kills a person for the hell of it receive the same sentence as someone who kills a person after years of psychological intimidation? It's always going to be a factor taken into account in sentencing. Des Headland got off his striking charge a couple of years ago because of Selwood's provocation.

charmer Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:59 pm

David wrote:
charmer wrote:

Of course it matters! Would someone who kills a person for the hell of it receive the same sentence as someone who kills a person after years of psychological intimidation? It's always going to be a factor taken into account in sentencing. Des Headland got off his striking charge a couple of years ago because of Selwood's provocation.

Sledging about one's family is a bit different to a little niggling. It's AFL, if Hall can't handle the fact that he's going to get that sort of treatment pretty much week in week out, and he continues to react with force far greater than what he has been subjected to then he should not be playing. You don't see Judd, Ablett or from a full foward's point of view, Matthew Pavlich reacting to the attention they get in the way Hall does. It's simply unacceptable.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't think I've seen any player have to put up with the sort of treatment I saw Thompson give Hall today. I'm not justifying his response, but I wonder how many players would be able to keep their cool under those circumstances.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 pm

You know why you haven't seen any other player have to deal with it? Because Hall provoked this attention with his own actions Wink.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Hall knew full well what he was letting himself in for when he decided to play again.

The best result would have been for him to connect with one of the hay-makers he threw. Then he and Thompson would both be out for 10 weeks.
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:29 pm

That's the way Brad Scott played his football. Didn't do much for his team's performance today though. I suppose it's done to fire your own team up but it only fires up the opposition at least as much, especially when you're covered for talent all over the ground hands down. I'd be disappointed if Collingwood hounded Hall like that.

In the same vein, I reckon all the pre bounce carry on that happens most games is silly, embarrassing and useless. As if you're going to go soft at the ball after being 'intimidated', at that level of football. Mostly it's counterproductive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: