Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What are the odds that Nick Davis re-signs with Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:07 pm
Post subject: What are the odds that Nick Davis re-signs with CollingwoodReply with quote

10/1

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YOUR ODDS ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE ODDS I am about to give u Cam!

1001/1 Especially after he was told not to attend the clubs best and fairest!

I wish he had of won the Copeland, reason being because they could have GIVEN IT TO THE PLAYER WITH THE NEXT BEST AMOUNT OF VOTES AND LET NICK KNOW ABOUT IT and wouldnt that have been POETIC JUSTICE for all of the mates and supporters he has lead on TELLING THEM HE WOULD SIGN A CONTRACT! Nick has now beEn with the Pies for 4 years now and Collingwood's name and Jumper has made him AND ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS GO HOME TO HES PARENTS IN SYDNEY!

If he wants a bed time story he should get hes UNCLE
NATHAN BUCKLEY TO READ A STORY TO HIM!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

[This message has been edited by Magpie_Dan (edited 08 October 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Magpie_Dan (edited 08 October 2002).]
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:43 pm

Unlikely - given Eddies comments re "not wanting players who arent committed to the cause", but not without an outside chance if a trade cant be done , and Nicky D seeing the alternatives (draft lottery) does another change of tune, and finally puts his brain back in and his head down. I'd say 15/1

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:40 pm

Buckleys

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:14 am

that's going to get a lot of people fired up Tess, who beleive that if he's in a Collingwood jumper you should support him 100% whatever happens.

I feel sorry for Nick, it can't be an easy choice for the young man, I would be happy if he stays, but only if he decides it's a better option than Sydney, not just cause we can't do a deal.

I reckon a deal between Hawks (Chick to WC) West Coast (Glass / Gasper maybe? to us) Swans (Nicks to Hawks) and us (Davis) can be made. Not sure how much evening up would need to occur, ie draft picks other players etc.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:31 am

glass and gasper ?? thats insulting

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:42 am

I think the odds of Nick Davis staying are pretty good, especially in lieu of the fact that Sydeney are playing hard to get to get, and that there isn't really anyone that we at least on this forum would want from there.

And unless there is an extraordinary amount of goodwill by the clubs before Sydney in the draft, namely Carlton and St Kilda who would be desperate for someone like Nick who is young and can actually hit targets on a regular basis, then Nick probably won;t take that chance.

"Beez gbazgen mauz gaysh
Bal gonskunn geez woazch
Ma meesken loas gouase
Geez gonskunn boz mosquiez"

Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz, by Mr Bungle.
Mr Magpies 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:49 am

PLEASE READ:

Anyone that says Nick Davis was told not to attend by the club is right, but you are incorrect about the way it happened.

Collingwood was advised via Nicks Davis' manager (Woodams or something) that they should advise Nick not to attend the night, furthermore, Nick was also advised directly by his manager not to attend.

Can someone tell me why people are so sour & bitter about Collingwood making the Grand Final and all I feel is Pride.
Go Magpies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:50 am

DAMN! I did it again. That previous post is by me, that is my bros user name.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:59 am

I would want ND to stay under one significant circumstance: that Collingwood is were he truly wants to be. I'd rather have him on the bench if he stays because a deal couldn't be worked out.  And I think he's made it pretty clear where he wants to be. Of course if he is to wear the black and white jumper in 2003 I will support him as a member of the CFC, I will always question his committment however.

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:15 am

Rowdy I wouldn't mind if ND ended up staying, but like you said it's tne commitment issue for me. And when you've only laid 15 in a whole season inc. finals, when Paul Williams and others can lay 7-8 a game on a regular basis, that's what gets me, the defensive side of his game, the second efforts were just not there this year.

"Beez gbazgen mauz gaysh
Bal gonskunn geez woazch
Ma meesken loas gouase
Geez gonskunn boz mosquiez"

Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz, by Mr Bungle.
Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:21 am

I agree with u Tess.
I support him however because he wears Black and White, but what gets me is, before he took that field on September 28th, he knew then and there what he was going to do. Thats just out right selfish, Clokey would have done anything to play in that Grand Final and I am sure so would have McGough and Richo.
The thing that worries me now is, you would think if he was going to leave he would have done it by now?!!
Until he takes of the Black and White I will support him on the field, but off the field he is a selfish arrogant mummys boy!!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:43 am

The more i examine this situation the more it seems to me that the manager is doing alot of stuff behind the scenes. Ask Nick he says he's confused, ask his manager he says he wants to quit collingwood and go home. Can anyone else see the (possible) game behind the game here. 22 year old boys can be notoriously hard to get a decision out of, just ask any girl that's been out with them since they were 15 who tries to get them to marry them.

Make no mistake, Nick Davis is an outstanding prospect who suffered from osteitis pubis this year, and that takes a while, maybe a year, to get back to normal. He did however kick 31 goals for the year and lynch and neitz only kicked around 80, but had a very quiet grand final - BUT so did these players - Leon, Dids, Rupe, Molly and 3/4 of the WHOLE Brisbane team including Lappin, Headland & McCrae.

We always say give us some credit for shutting down Brissy, how about giving them credit for shutting down our small forwards Leon, Dids and yes Nick.

Don't forget Nick Davis was mentioned regularly (before he was injured) as one of Collingwood's zone busters - he, bucks and ant - all able to kick over 50 m at will.

I say p!ss off your manager and talk to Eddie and more importantly Mick. Nick at the moment is like a good second hand car - worth stuff all to dealers but a whole lot more to its owner.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Horses For Courses 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:51 am

begone Nick Davis.

Get rid of him! I acknowlege his talent and skill and it would be a pity to see a player of his ability leave but as previously mentioned:

Eddie's comments about being 100% committed. If no deal is done with Sydney, his heart will still wish to be with his friends and immediate family(in Sydney), not at Collingwood.

The club is recruiting players for their character. Nick Davis has given the club the run-a-round over his contractural agreements and where his commitment lies, and as foreverpies said he is a selfish mummy's boy. do we really want someone like that at the club?

get rid of him, even if we have to trade him to another club other than Sydney, just get the best deal for us - another young gun player who will commit 100% to Collingwood.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:18 am

I never like to bag any player while they are still part of the "team". There is some chance he will stay, but it would appear that he wants to leave to be with his family. I believe he no more wants to play for sydney than leave Collingwood, obviously there is an AFL side in sydney and that is where "logic" is leading him. Horses for Courses, I don't think that if he does stay at Collingwood his heart won't be in it just because his family live in sydney. I don't think we should call ND soft, he hasn't really ever shown himself to be an in and under type player. Robert Flower was a great player, but you might call him "soft" using some criteria. I think a lot of people would acknowledge that if ND was in the draft, he would likely be the #1 pick given his abilities.

Go Pies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: