Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

lets not get carried away

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Joffa.

I spent Monday night in a deep depression but it's Wednesday now and life goes on.

It's important to remember that there is no shame in losing to Fremantle. They are a damn good side and will make the finals this year for sure. And Collingwood will be there too. That last quarter was FANTASTIC.

Sure, the first 3 quarters were shit. But shit happens, life's a bitch and then you die.

I won't be jumping off the Rialto just yet.

------------------
**floreat pica**

mcsean 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 4:39 am

long may the pies be mighty. good to see a bit of support for the boys. we should pass this on to them on the field. we'll be there when it counts!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 5:55 am

This lady at work cried when she heard that we had lost to Freeo. I guess, we the supporters, suffered a bit of complacency against Freeo too. I spent most of Monday reminising about the time we beat them by 100 points. I think this confidence made the loss even harder for me to bear.

At three quarter time I could hear some boos echoing throughout the ground. I said aloud then, that Collingwood fans do not BOO their own players, we leave that sort of behaviour to St Kilda and Richmond fans. We did not BOO them at all last year so we certainly should not start now. Hopefully the boos I heard where for the umpires, because they crucified us.

As I said at the end of the Freeo game "We've been beaten by better teams than that"
So Bring on Brisbane, we'll cheer the boys on regardless, and turn up the next week for the Richmond game.
CJ 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 9:38 am

Here, Here. I couldn't agree more.

I wasn't the least bit upset about lossing our first two game considering they were to the two teams that I picked to be in the Grand Final (even though I can't stand North). But I was pretty pissed about lossing to Freo. Anyway, as you lot have already said "Shit happens - life goes on"

Bring on the Lions and then the Tigers. (The bunch of pussies. hahaha.)

"Good Old Collingwood Forever"

nikki 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 10:24 am

i agree.... well be right.. my god its only 3 loses.. we should have won against norht its just we couldnt kick enough goals and we were not disgraced we played well, just carey archer martyn you cant go past these guys.. and losing to essendon i would hardly say we lost all that mush we played our guts out and essendon really had to fight to put us away.. they are the best in the league but struggled to put us away... monday was just one of those games where we just didnt play well that night every team has em...
hopefully we will bounce back but we have improved 100% from last year!!!

GO THE PIES

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 11:33 am

CARN THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:00 pm

It's so interesting, reading these old (2000) posts. Good for you Joffa (and others) for sticking.

Anyone who jumped ship - drown ! You were never Magpies !!

It was 32 years between drinks (flags) for me but I didn't die of thirst. Premierships are like orgasms. Like icing on the cake. No, I didn't have to wait 32 years between orgasms (lol)but I DID/DO enjoy the cake.

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:50 pm

Well it's natural for people to get upset when the team is going bad year after year. We've been through some horrible times from 1994 to present day. Times when the club made the same mistakes year after year with their recruiting and hanging onto old players for too long. Realise that some people will criticise the club but it is still done out of love of the club. Others will utter nothing but praise even in the darkest times, which takes some willpower especially when you know the club had been perenially making mistakes. There are those that that live by the adage
"would you rather be saved by criticism or ruined by praise?"

(criticism in moderation of course)

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 10 October 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 10 October 2002).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:56 am

I just read my signature from back then:

Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."

Doesn't it sound ALOT like the team from this year? I guess Bucks was right.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: