Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jude Bolton for Nick Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crouch Saddington or Matthews all have more potential than Bolton i reckon.
If N Davis wants to go much to my distress we mose well get the best possiable swap.
Goodes is the best we could get buy Sydney wont let him go.

"The two hardest things in life are getting started and not quitting.
We will never quit"
pieman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:14 am

what's wrong wit jud bolton at least he has a big heart and goes hard at every contest, not as skilled as davis but syd won't give him up

CureTheSane 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:04 pm

Personally, I would be happy with the trade of Bolton for Davis.

Bolton has a couple of years at senior level under his belt, but has failed to really perform all year.

the sort of player that will maybe shine at a new club.

Neither Davis or Bolton have cmemented themselves as players who would be automatically picked in a senior team yet, IMO

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:46 pm

Davis cemented himself in the grandfinlal team. He's better than you give him credit for - remember he has a lot of injury problems too, that was difficult for him to come back from. He'll be a champion, he isn't yet, but he contributes and every now and again does something fantastic.

consistency will come with age.

you're getting a much better player than bolton, with a lot more potential.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:08 pm

The Swans finished 11th and Collingwood 2nd. It stands to reason that there isn't going to be many if any players from the Swans that are going to satisfy Collingwoods immediate desire to go one better next year. Personally I hope Davis stays but if he doesn't we need a good ruckman not a midfielder who and I quote from the AFL website "occasionally lets himself down with poor disposal". Which in the PC world of the AFL website means he does it more than occasionally or does it regularly under pressure.

CureTheSane 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:18 am

Brown 26, I agree with your comments.
I think that Swans fans generally under rate Davis.
If a swap of Bolton for Davis was done, I'd be very happy

Yes, the Swans finished 11 and the Pies 2nd.
Does that mean that the Magpies best 22 are ALL better than the Swans best 22???
I don't think so.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:46 pm

no true but it does suggest that the Swans aren't likely to have any players (or any they consider trade-able) the Pies could use to go one better next year.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:02 pm

CureTheSane, Gerard Bennett and McPherson are two of the worst players on the Sydney list. They could barely get a game for the Swans, why would we want them?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:51 am

Your'e right curethesnae some swans playrs are better than the pies worst in their 22, but not many, and noe we would want for nick davis who is in my opinion better than tha worst in collingwood's 22 and has the potential to be one of the best.

if you get a three year deal, we want a trade relevant to how good nick davis will be in his second and third year, think about it, how much would WC trade chris Judd for? A heap, cause he's going to be a superstar. think about the freo melbourne white deal.

also, we have plenty of midfielders, we want a tall backman or a ruckman. Given Dunkley is not an option (rightly so), I think the only person who comes close to that deal is saddinton, he's overated a bit, but he'd do I reckon. Are you giong to give him up? NO WAY! that'd be crazy!

we want more than bolton, we want more than fringe players. I want high draft picks, cause you don't have the cattle. you want to keep your high draft picks, cuase you don't have the cattle.

it'll be a damn interesting trade period!

CureTheSane 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:08 am

McPherson and Bennett have shown glimpses, but as far as the Swans go, IMO, they have had their chances.
I feel Bennett will stay at Port Melbourne, possible as captian, and McPherson may shine at another club.
I wansn't trying to advocate those players as equal swaps, just the players who I could happily let go of.

With the loss of Dunkley, I feel there is no hope of Saddington being let go.
We need all the backman we have lol
Yes, I do feel he is overrated, but only because he hasn't blossomed as early form suggested he might.
He's still young enough to be a star, and regardless is a valuable player to as at the moment.

Personally, I think that the Swans will have to give up more than Bolton for Davis.

And since rounds 1 & 2 picks seem to be untouchable as far as trading goes, we will either have to give up a better player or show little interest.

That leaves Davis with the dilema he is facing at the moment.

It seems that the Swans haven't shown enough interest in him, and he has said recently that he faces a big decision.

If he doesn't go to the Swans, he wants to stay at the Pies.

What interests me is what Plugger did last season.
He said that if the Swans didn't draft him, he'd would not play.
Would Davis be prepared to stand out of footy for 2 years, to be able to go home?

And more to the point, would any of the other AFL teams be prepared to pick Davis in the pre-season draft after he said that he would only play for Sydney.

And would the AFL allow this to happen?
Manipulating the draft.
plugger seems to have got away with it because of his age and that he was coming out of retirement.
But I don't know of any rules that would prevent Davis from pulling the same trick.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:10 am

a guy called brett chalmers tried that a few years back, sent letter s to all the afl clubs saying that he'd only play for collingwood. the AFL said he wasn't allowed to do that, he got picked by Adelaide and didn't realyl show much development, then he retired a couple of years ago I think, never being much of a standout player.

so the answer is no, and I don't think he'd sit out, he give it away if they made him do that. Sydney are just playing hardball, which is fair enough, they'll be very intereested when the trade deadline approaches.

wouldn't be surprised to see the pies get ball, but I don't think he'd be that good as you say he's just a tap ruck which we don't need.

you're right about saddinton, he's too valuable to you atm to give up, I wrote that somewhere else too, which is a shame cause I rekcon that'd be the best deal for us!

a three way swap is possible, maybe with the saits (if everit doesn't go to the hawks or bombers) or the hawks and west coast in a four way swap, but that could get messy!

- Ben

CureTheSane 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:19 am

Jason Ball had a brilliant last year, but didn't play this year as you probably know.

He is getting on a bit, and I have concerns that he will play at that level again.
But he was a full forward at West Coast remember, so he could always finish off there I suppose.
Of course we already have a key forward in Hall and since Doyle seems to have come good with injuries, and the starring of Mott this year, we may find ourselves with a ruckman too many.
Goodes is also a valuable back up ruck.
So maybe the Swans will try to offload Ball, but I can't see him being al that valuable with his age and after having a year off.

How about Matthew Nicks?

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:30 pm

C'mon guys let's get serious about this trade.

They might not rate him but Nick Davis is a walk up start for Sydney's best 22.
For this I believe we should demand a 1st or 2nd round draft pick and a player.

Otherwise we could take the next best option which would be Davis for Dunkley, Kelly, and Lockett. Now if they won't agree on this one we can tell Nick he is staying put.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:15 pm

Sydney can blow the Collingwood football Clubs Players, workers, coaches and even the SUPPORTERS if they want to give us Jude [snip] Bolton for Nicky Davis!

There is no way that swap is worth that!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:49 pm

glad to see this discussio has developed nicely into a barrage or abuse..

I would be happy with a first round draft pick, not so sure about a second, maybe a second and a third, we don't need Nicks, he's not a bad player at all, but who's position is he taking? Burns, Clement, Cloke, none of them are going to step aside for him. If we got Nicks we would probably on trade him, which is an option, cause he's a decent player, although I doubt Swans would part with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: