Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PAUL LICURIA - TOWER OF STRENGTH

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:38 pm
Post subject: PAUL LICURIA - TOWER OF STRENGTHReply with quote

now to the best player on the night - PAUL LICURIA!!!! what a game! what a player! and during his interview - very humble. Lica was simply awesome. took francou to the cleaners in my mind, and made the bald one pay when he refused to pick him up. how many times did he put his body in? how many times did he run into space, just to create an option for his teammates? how often did he break through the port defence and midfield with his dash and handball skills?

I am in awe of Lica's game.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Licca's best game for the club by a mile, true champions stand up in Finals...

He would be a worthy back to back Copeland winner.

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:44 pm

Lica you are the man honestly YOU ARE THE MAN! What more can I say?

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:47 pm

40 , read that 40 possessions . Champions are made in finals , and Paul Licuria has put his hand up for that tag. Thank-you Paul for rewarding us long suffering supporters with one of the great magpie efforts

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:51 pm

GOOOOOO LICA! U are a superstar babe! Would of been excellent if u got that goal!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"Out on the road 2day I saw a dead-head sticker on a Cadillac, A little voice inside my head said "don't look back, u can neva look back" *Boys Of Summer-Don Henley*"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:33 pm

if the maggies had players with the guts of lica they would not have finished second 23 times. to name the softies ,some of who won awards, at this time of the year ,would not help . it is best they are forgotten.
let the team who showed guts along side lica tonight make their mark in the book of collingwood history .

well done against all odds.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:38 pm

for those who questioned licka's copeland last year above bucks etc.... ask no more. a gun who played with injury from the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter yet ran as hard in the final minute as he did in the first. obliterated francou. who needs carey? we've got our own superstars.

*ORZA* 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:55 pm

Does the Ox still want to trade Lica he's just about to become a double Copeland Trophy winning Premiership player!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:13 pm

Lica is the most in form player in the comp. He's been taking players to the cleaners and sprinting out games week in week out. I too am in awe of him.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:03 pm

Licuria earns wide praise
11:49:04 PM Fri 6 September, 2002
Paul Gough
afl.com.au

Acting Collingwood skipper Anthony Rocca has labelled Paul Licuria as “the best competitor in the AFL” after the gutsy Magpies tagger produced an extraordinary performance in the Pies’ upset 13-point win over Port Adelaide in the first qualifying final at AAMI Stadium.

Licuria amassed a staggering 40 possessions – made up of 23 kicks and 17 handballs – plus seven marks, five tackles and eight clearances in the Pies’ 16.12 (108) to 14.11 (95) victory in one of the best individual finals performances of recent years.

Put simply the courageous Licuria simply forced the ball forward for the Magpies at every opportunity as evidenced by the fact his stats revealed he got the ball inside his team’s forward fifty on six occasions as well as bringing it out of the Pies’ defensive 50 on another half a dozen occasions.

It was clearly the greatest game in the 24-year-old’s career which has taken off since joining the Magpies after being dumped by the Swans after managing only ten games in 1997-98.

A shock winner of the Magpies’ best and fairest award last year, Licuria is not only on course for his second successive Copeland Trophy but is now earning the wider respect of everyone connected with the AFL.

But his effort against Port only reinforced the feelings his teammates and coach Mick Malthouse have about him.

“He is the best competitor going around in the AFL,” Rocca said of Licuria following the Pies’ heroic win.

“Off the training track he is the hardest worker and the sort of person he is – he just gives 100 per cent for the team.”

“He doesn’t worry about his own body or if he gets hit or something like that, he just throws himself in every time.’

“He is one of the best players I’ve played with.”

Malthouse meanwhile has long been an admirer of Licuria’s amazing ability to get the very best out of himself despite not having the natural talent of so many other AFL players.

“I love Paul Licuria,” a jubilant Malthouse admitted after the game.

“I just think he is one of the greatest sportsmen in terms of getting everything out of himself which he possibly can.”

“I have been very fortunate to have coached a number of players that give as much as they possibly can, but I would have to say that Paul Licuria is one of the best role models that any of our players could look to.”

“He is a true professional in every sense.”

The Magpies became only the second Victorian club – after Hawthorn in 1991 and 2001 – to win a final interstate and now have a week’s rest before hosting an MCG preliminary final in a fortnight’s time.

And the Magpies will welcome back inspirational skipper Nathan Buckley for that clash after he missed this game – the Pies’ first final for eight years – due to a hamstring injury.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:09 am

Bo doubt about it BOG, just superb. Finals give some players a little bit extra - well done Paul you found it. Superb!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:43 am

Licka is an absolute champ !

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:55 am

i remember watching the game last night at 10:30 pm (ty Channel Ten u worthless losers). All the stupid commentators were saying was about how gr8 francou was, Francou this francou that. got news for u francou ' u aint got the legs that Licuria has'. He ran and ran and ran last night, and then he decided to run some more. And poor francou took a spell on the bench cause he was all puffed out (Boo Hoo). Francou now u know what a true champiuon is, and he comes in the form of PAUL LICURIA.
He was the difference last night.

If anyone ever talks of trading him again i will personally reach down this internet connection and rip your bloody throat out and cut off ur arms so that you could never speak or write shit about trading Licca again.

Paul we Love Ya Mate.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:17 am

I got up this morning and realised hoe many touches he got (after reading the paper), the only words that came out where, THIS GUY IS A FREAK. He is hard work personified. Well done Lica on the great game.

Francou, beaten by 15 possies mate.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 07 September 2002).]
Larsperson 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:14 am

This guy just proved why hes my favourite player last night. Guy is an absolute gun. Enuff said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: