Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Told "No Copeland Night For You!"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:00 am
Post subject: Nick Told "No Copeland Night For You!"Reply with quote

HeraldSun 4/10/02;

Magpies warn off Davis
04 October 2002 Herald Sun
By MIKE SHEAHAN

RELUCTANT Collingwood forward Nick Davis has been warned he would be unwise to attend the club's Copeland Trophy dinner tonight.

The advice has come from both his legal adviser, Garry Woodhams, and the club, via Woodhams.

Davis, who has announced plans to return to Sydney, intended to attend the dinner, but is expected to accept the advice.

Leigh Colbert copped a rowdy reception when he attended Geelong's 1999 best and fairest count soon after announcing his move to the Kangaroos. He was seen as brave but ill-advised.

Collingwood supporters are rather more animated than their Geelong counterparts.

Woodhams said last night: "Nick would like to go along and see all his mates, but it's probably in everyone's interests if he stays away at the moment, 'til this is sorted out."

Collingwood chief executive Greg Swann said last night: "We've got nothing to say. We haven't spoken to him."

Swann is known to be angry about Davis's failure to keep an appointment to meet him on Wednesday, with the player advising the club via Woodhams of his plans.

Sources say Swann sent a message to the Davis camp saying "it wouldn't be a good idea" if he fronted tonight.

The club has received dozens of messages from supporters angry about his decision to ask to be traded to the Swans.

Ironically, it was the Copeland Trophy dinner of 12 months ago when Davis told the Herald Sun's Evonne Barry he was homesick and wanted to return to Sydney and play with the Swans.

Woodhams last night reiterated his comments of the previous day when he said Davis would be happy to go back to Sydney if Collingwood could arrange a trade.

"He hasn't issued an ultimatum; he certainly doesn't have any argument with how they've looked after him."

The problem now, though, is the administration has run out of patience and the player group also is believed disenchanted with his behaviour so soon after the Grand Final.

Sydney has said it is interested in Davis, but not at the cost of a first or second-round draft choice. That stand, one suspects, is negotiable

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't deserve to call himself a pie player anymore at any rate, so why the hell should he go to Copeland! He's a spineless wannabe and I'm glad he finally told the truth about wanting to go home, shame he lied in the hope of taking a premiership medal with him. I hope the Pies refuse to clear him and he goes pot luck in the draft.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:52 am

Does that mean I can use his spare ticket???

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:16 am

Rowdy is right....in fact Balmey said the same thing on the radio this morning (just a bit more diplomatically) the reason he's been warned off is not for his own protection but simply because he has now said he doesn't want to be here so he has forfeited his privelege to attend a celebratory function such as the Copeland.

You cant have your cake and eat it to Nicky boy. I hope the lad see's some sense before its too late.

DB.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:37 am

hey all this is my first post here I'm mainly on FTO.

I agree with the sentiments here and ND is a discrace. He has led the team on a wild goose chase all year and has told nothing but lies from day one. I hope he busts his knee or something at Sydney and hopefully we get a half decent player in return

GoThePies 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:06 am

Davis should go to the copeland... His from NSW, His hearts in Sydney... lets respect that, let him go on good terms.

"We are not made collingwood supporters.... We are born it"
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:32 am

I'll drink Nick's share seeing as how he wont need it.

Good luck to him in Sydney, he said last year at Copeland he was going home, just came a year late. He may yet stay, doubtful though. Think Saddington / Bolton or even Fixter will slot in nicely at Collingwood.

Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:47 am

Okay.....So Nick Davis has led our team on a wild goose-chase this year
so he wants to go to sydney

come on people! Of course Nicky D wanted a premiership trophy! who wouldn't?
You're forgetting all the bonds that he has made at collingwood and the ties he has forged with us.
Nick has been as much a part of this team as anyone.
He just got homesick. can you blame him?
When Nick was all in black and white, we were dishing out praise like there was no tomorrow. Now that he has shown interest in another club, we are bagging him! (let's not bring ourselves down to Richmond's status here).
Nick has maintained that there is nothing wrong with collingwood -just an inconvenient location. A man should not be shunned for wanting to go to the place of his upbringing.

Nick Davis should attend the Copeland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:52 am

He is an A-grade sook people. I am an aspiring footballer and I would give an arm and a leg to play for ANY side. He is getting paid good money while I would pay to play. For christ sakes I would go to the middle east to play footy but he is a little homesick, I just feel so sorry for him. Nothing worse than a soft footballer and stay or leave ND is as soft as they come.

Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:57 am

good point, d9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:13 am

12 of our 22 on Saturday were non-victorians.....lets hope they dont all get homesick.

Seems to me the Club need to do what they can to get his missus down here. If a young blokes got his woman by his side he'll be a lot more settled if ya know what I mean.....Surely we can find her a job in the Office or something.

DB.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:14 am

I've had a photo of myself with Paul Licuria enlarged so I could get him to sign it tonite at the Copeland ,however there's one problem, Nick Davis is in the photo too. While I've stuck up for him all season, believing he's a very skillful and important player for our side, my feelings after last Saturday's effort and over the last few days have changed and I'm sorry I got this photo printed.
I went to the Vic park family day and when you looked at Nick Davis who was wearing some sort of American hockey or gridiron top with the name Davis on the back, his cap worn back the front, sunnies on and chewing gum, he stood out like a sore thumb. Can't say exactly why, but he didn't seem to fit in to me. I'm really disappointed it has worked out like this ,but like many have said before ,if he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him. It all sounds a bit odd to say the least. That he would give up all that he has been through with the team.
Back to the Copeland, I'm hoping that Scott Burns gets some just reward for a fantastic year. Lica or Rocca to win...
PIES FOREVER

BUCKS4ME
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:53 pm

As disappointing as it is to see Nick Davis leaving, the decision to advise him not to attend the Copeland was churlish.
If he'd attended, either he'd feel part of it again and re-consider, or he'd feel embarressed, and deservedly so.
He shouldn't leave on bad terms. It's counter-productive.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:27 pm

Lica's No1 Fan - I reckon he does deserve to be treated like this. If he, however, played his guts out for us, found it wasn't working out for him down here and then wanted to be traded to Sydney - thats fine by me. But he doesn't deserve to wear our geurnsey if he isn't going to try to play the best he can at our club... no one deserves a chance if they aren't willing to try. He has hardly tried all season, slacked off alot, and if he wonders why we're pissed off at him... well..

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:48 pm

BJ, I tend to agree with u there. Sorry guys but I've jumped right off. I don't see how a player can control a club. Doesn't work that way. Goodluck to him and good riddance.

~ANGEL~

[This message has been edited by brodie_rocks! (edited 04 October 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: