Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

C'mon guyz give us a chance

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really tough topic and i agree with both sides of the argument. I can't stand girls who go on and on and on about one particualr footballer but don't actually know anything about the game. Everyone knows i love Taz but its different cos i know more about football than alot of bloks I know and am as passionate as they come, which the same goes for alot of u young girls here like Lisey, etc. I think its gr8 yous are so involved so keep it up. But it is ANNOYING from a girls side when guys think we onyl like footy cos of the guys. That has nothing to do with it for most girls. I have watched every Collingwood game since i was way too early to like boys and when i was younger and had a MAD OBSESSION with Gavin Brown, it started off from just liking him as a player, it wasn't until i was about 13 that i 'fell in love with him'. But girls, keep loving your boys cos i will keep loving Taz. Don't listen to any guys who think u just like footy cos of the hot guys but back up your lust with some footy knowledge and youll be right dudes.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:24 pm

I don't justify my opinions to anyone Brown26 and I don't feel the need to seek out justification from others. I'm secure and know that trying to win the argument of who knows more about footy, or chicks just dig the guys etc., is pointless, because sexism is as old as the ages. I do agree in the matter supporting one's opinion however, which is somewhat different to that of jusitification. On the issue of Nick Davis there needs to an amount of substance behind why one would want him to stay at Collingwood. The fact that he's cute (not my opinion) has no bearing on the issue at hand. It's this type of talk that hurts the female cause, but remember anyone that supports Collingwood as passionately as the 'chicks' on this BB does should be embraced and respected whatever their opinions, provided of course their opinions on who is hot and other related topics, is kept to the Chicks Channel. Anyhow, I tired along time ago of this type of discussion. I have to go cook dinner in my barefeet...oh and did I mention I was pregnant.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:33 pm

sorry rowdy sexism mixed with a good chunk of self victimisation is obviously still rife. If you're convinced you're being victimised before you even begin a discussion it will be difficult to win indeed. However I don't think this is the place to discuss THAT issue .

anyone who thinks anyone on this board isn't passionate is a very perculiar person indeed, however there is a difference between football knowledge and passion. A passiobnate person is great in the cheersquad, but not necessarily great in the coaches box!

however your point is taken, justification in the sense you're talking about is not necessarry, everyone has a right to their opinions, I was just making the point that not every female automatically knows anything about football, some of them DO watch it just for the guys, not unlike those who watch anna kornicova I'm sure.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:52 pm

Let's get one thing straight, I have never felt victimised, I was merely supporting the girls that felt that way. I'm 28 and way past the point of following football because of the cute guy factor. Using generalisations is always a good way to stir the pot at any rate. I agree with you in stating that "not every female automatically knows anything about football", but then the same applies for some men wouldn't you agree.

On the issue of passion, again I do agree with you. Passion does not equal football knowledge, but then who wants a bunch of supporters in the crowd thinking they know more than Mick Malthouse. Leave the coaching to the coach I say. Just as I have said leave the girlie talk for the appropriate forum.

However don't make the assumption that women who follow football only do so because they have delusions about dating a footballer. You also have to take into consideration the ages of those who post.

I come to this BB because in a house with two kids under 3 years of age and having a husband that supports Port, it's a great place to get some insight and opinions of people with like minds.

And let's face it, if the footy was still on we wouldn't be wasting our time in topics like this. Boredom is a counter productive past time!

Sheree_luvs_Nick_Davis 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:01 pm

i am not the type of person who likes players coz dey are good looking..i love nick davis coz of the way he plays....last year i just loved 2 watch him play, this year he hasnt played the best but the fact that i loved him last year it has carried on 2 this year! and as a collingwood supporter i will support him no matter wat..he still is a collingwood player so of course i am going 2 do that! this topic came up coz we just wish that we could have an opinion and that no-one can say oh thats not right and they start goin off at ya!
i never wrote this topic 2 offend anyone and if i have i am truly sorry, i love everyone on here and i would neva do this 2 offend anyone!

luv SHEREE
xxx

*~Sheree~*
I luv Nick and brodie 4 life!
No matter wat anyone say's nick will always be my favourite player

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:30 am

there are a hell of a lot of guys on here who are as passionate about the club as anyone else yet couldnt honestly confess an in depth footy brain(me included). it shouldnt be degraded to a male Vs female debate. all should be welcome at Nicks.

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:39 am

To: I_LUV_NICK_DAVIS.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when your favourite player is Nick Davis (the lying sook has potential, granted) followed by BRODIE HOLLAND? Holland can't be your favourite player based on playing ability, surely!!! Apart from a 'lucky' 8 goal haul about, well it seemed like years ago, the bloke has hardly performed, has he? Could it be the fact that he is strewn across billboards all over Melbourne? It's funny how footballers' partners become semi-famous because of their footballing bloke. Yet for Holland, the opposite is true - his girlfriend is the only way he gets invited to the Brownlow or even gets a mention in football circles. Holland is only known as "the partner of that chick who wore the leather football dress to the Brownlow..."
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:49 am

NOW COME ON CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:45 am

Lol, a lot of people would get offended by getting called a child at my age (14). But I am always getting told to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old at school so i just laugh!
I love being a kid! YAY!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"I got a song been on my mind, And the tune can be sung, and the words all rhyme, Deede-ee deet deet deet deet deet deet deedle dee dee! "
*Crunchy Granola Suite- Neil Diamond*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:31 am

Girls, girls, girls. If you play with the big boys you gotta expect to take a few knocks every so often.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:09 pm

well actually daicos magic i seriously cant see why who i luv and who is my fav player really got to do with been taken seriously or not YES both player s r my favourites but like sheree i luved to watch nick play last yr and just seeing how he used the ball and how he backed his mates last yr was amazing and of course that followed onto this yr and it will next yr whether he is at the pies or not. Yes i know brodie didnt have a great yr and he is very good looking but so really wat does this mean that gurls r gonna be judged on who they like?? So coz i like these 2 guys im not gonna be taken seriously eva again?? i didnt know that u r judged by who was ur fav player?? I can see why sheree and leonie posted this topic coz those comments u made r exactly wat we go throu all yr round! U just proved them rite. I luv the pies and i luv the players i go for them yr in yr out whether we r on top or bottom. I dont care wat everyone thinks of nick rite now coz it isnt me! GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~Catch ya later luv always Tara~*
***aka Tara_luvsNicknBrodie***
Wait in line for 6 hours getting a grand finals ticket: $120
Buying my train ticket to the 'G' on saturday: $11.00
Watching Nathan and Mick hold up tha premiership cup: PRICELESS!!!

I LUV YA NICK DAVIS AND BRODIE HOLLAND U 2 R THE BEST AND R THE SEXCIEST!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
LIL PRESTIGIACOMO 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:23 pm

Well said i_luv_nick_davis! That is EXACTLY the kind of comment we were talking about.....i don't necessarily mean all guys (just a high majority of guys at my school)

Normally I can cope with the guys thinking i know nothing about football because i probably dont know as much as them, BUT that doesn't mean i don't know anything!!

What annoyed me was when one of my best friends (a guy) tried to tell me Chris Tarrant was a best player and because he was injured (or sumfing) and wasn't playing in a game that we would lose.....I turned around and named many players on our list that were equal if not better then him at that time of the season.....he told me to shut the h3ll up and turn around, so i did. That night on msn he preceded to *COUGH COUGH* APOLOGISE! and think that everything was fine.

The thing is i wouldn't have minded if he apologised in front of his friends.....that is just gutless that he couldn't.

I know its not all of you, its just the few that do, it's really upsetting to think that. Try and put yourself in our shoes and be accused of not knowing anything about football except for the hot players nearly everyday.....do you know how annoying that gets????!!!!!!!

Luv LiL pReStI!

I'm with Alyssa LoL I'm out of this now that i've put my 2 cents in!!

[This message has been edited by LIL PRESTIGIACOMO (edited 07 October 2002).]
Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:39 pm

Girls, girls, girls & guys, guys, guys??!!

It's easy to generalise but like with anything everyone has to gain respect to expect their opinions to be respected no matter what the genitalia!

The boys at your school are just that, BOYS! They can't fathom girls knowing more about footy than themselves. But the older you get and the more mature blokes you associate with, you'll get treated the same. Shite, I reckon I know heaps more about footy than some of the guys I know!

One thing us girls do know is that we are not the coach nor administration and don't pretend to know more than them. There's nothing wrong with thinking a player is 'cute'. I adore Clokey and he's almost 10 years younger than me but that doesn't mean we want to get down their pants!!! I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there that enjoy music by plenty of good looking chicks and enjoy knowing they can have a perve as well as a sing-a-long!

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:45 pm

I agree! It's not whether we want them or not! Sure we think they're hot, but we love their performance just as much!

Come on girls and guys let's resolve this and move on to the more important things! COLLINGWOOD AND 2003!

I apologise to anyone i have offended and I am now out of this argument. I swear I will not put my 2 cents in anymore. (that's my oath! let's hope some of you others follow my example!)

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*

"Thats me in da corner, Thats me in da spotlight, Losing my religion, Trying 2 keep up with u, & I dont know if I can do it, Oh no i've said 2 much, I havent said enough, I thought that I heard u laughing, I thought that I heard u sing, I think I thought I saw u try"
*Losing My Religion- R.E.M*
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:43 pm

Geez this site seems to be dominated by women!

Anyway the reason guys probably dont give you gals the credit you deserve is because in all honesty most girls cant kick a football (properly). So they probably think if you cant do that how are you going to appreciate the game! And it also doesnt help with so many names like I luv so and so either.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: