Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

IMPORTANT NEWS RE: NICK DAVIS (dedic: to tara)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm sorry he's suffering the homesickness, I agree with Rowdy all the way. He's lucky he's not playing soccer in Europe where the transfer market is ruthless in how ships players around.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:21 pm

Exactly... very well said Bucks4ever!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:46 pm

Yeah ppl get homesick but the way he's handled this and dragged it out and been so selfish, as well as taken a spot in our grandfinal team knowing he wanted to go, is pathetic. I didn't like Nick Davis long before this saga. I haven't changed my opinion of him just because of this, i don't turn that quickly. He thinks he'd top shit, ive always thought that and only supported him because he plays for my beloved Pies. We'd be better off without a tosser like him. We want players with courage and sacrifice who realise the clubn i much bigger than them.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:51 pm

Yep, it's the selfish, lying, game-playing nature of his that has pissed me off. If he didn't want to play for Collingwood he should have said so during the season so someone else could have a run - someone who's heart is 100% black and white. He hasn't shown much anyway, no huge loss here. Bugger off Nick.

As for homesickness - you odn't see Chris Tarrant whinging do you? Tarks? Rupes? Burnsy? Brodie? Bucks? These guys are professionals who earn big money to do their jobs. Nick Davis knew when hew nominated for the draft that the was an overwhelming probability he would end up moving interstate. If I was on the kind of money he would be on the play footy, I'd be happy. Very happy. Even if it meant playing in Perth. He's just weak, that's all there is to it.

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go,
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe,
See - the soldier boys are marching and I can no longer stay,
Hark - I hear the bugle calling, goodbye Dolly Gray.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER, WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME,
SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER, TO UPHOLD THE MAGPIES NAME.
SEE THE BARRACKERS SHOUTING, AS ALL BARRACKERS SHOULD,
OH, THE PREMIERSHIP'S A CAKEWALK FOR THE GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD
the laurie hill stand 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:18 pm

Rupes is a victorian went to perth on freo rookie list

win,draw,lose
i'm still gonna booze
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:24 pm

I'd just like to add one obvious point: Nick Davis didn't ask to play for Collingwood, he was drafted under father-son - if he'd had the choice he would have gone straight to Sydney.

I still think it would be in everyone's best interest for him to play one more season with Collingwood - most likely he will be injury free next year and will have a much better season and get a better contract with Sydney - and have a last crack at a premiership with Collingwood. THis year CFC and SFC might not agree on an exchange, in which case if he quits Collingwood he'll almost certainly be picked up by another club, probably a Melbourne club.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:10 am

You cannot blame someone for wanting to go home...remember Anthony Rocca?

I like Nick, but if he goes...so be it, as long as we get something good for him then I will be happy. Having said that, I would prefer him to stay. Nick has talent.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:36 am

a

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 07 October 2002).]
Rohan 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:48 am

Homesickness isn't an issue. The instant you put yourself in the national draft you must realise that you can go anywhere in Australia.

Its not a vaild excuse for Davis to throw up.

Make up your mind and stop the copious amount of inneuado.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:11 am

hey bokka, just to clarify that you don't get picked up in the father son rule unless you decide you want to play for that club. He accepted the offer made by the CFC so he did choose to play for us.

We nearly won a premiership based on teammanship. ND has displayed no such quality in handling this situation. That is why we are so upset and anti ND. I am homesick too. I live away from my family by 3 times the distance he does. When you join the CFC you become part of that family. He has not treated the CFC family with enough respect to gain mine! He has continually lied in the process of him staying/going. This sort of distrust is against everything the team needs as far as progressing to the holy grail. Now do some of you see why we CAN handle the fact he's homesick but CAN'T handle the way he's gone about leaving/staying.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:20 am

WELL SAID BLANCH, my thoughts exactly.

Homesickness isn't the issue, its his disrespect and selfishness. He has made a mess of things the way he's handled it.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:21 am

Apart from being a good finisher, what has Nick Davis really offered us? I never see him take a contested mark, a speccy, chase someone down, tackle - we lack players with a bit of mongrel. Everyone bags Tarrant - but watch how pissed off he gets when someone steps over the mark (see prelim final and GF) - he actually gives a shit. I've never seen ND even get half angry on the football field. We need angry footballers - that doesn't mean stupid and rough - just a real purpose in their eyes, someone who gives a shit. Watch Ant Rocca's work on the ground for a big bloke, watch him chase after opponenets without any hope of catching them, but he applies the pressure. If only ND put in half the effort. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themself. If he wasn't in a Collingwood jumper, we wouldn't rate him, and that's a fact. Why do you think Sydney won't give up early draft picks. They don't rate him. Although I'm 23 now, I trained with my beloved Collingwood about 4 years ago but was unsuccessful in the draft. Although highly skilled, at 182cm my slight frame was what Noel Judkins said ultimately put me behind the 8-ball. But if they had have taken the time and effort to help bulk me up, I can assure you I would not have taken for granted the opportunity to play for Collingwood. I still play good football today and can honestly say that the purpose I and my teammates show on the ground (we don't get the hundreds of thousands that Nicky-boy does) would embarrass the efforts of some AFL players running around today, said player included. An angry footballer with purpose is what we need. Sorry to those who think Kinnear will be a player, but he lacks that certain grunt also. When the ball hits the ground, it's almost as if he doesn't give a shit - don't rate him based on his game vs Bulldgs in 2001 (he was loose man across half back all day). That's why Cloke has been a revelation. He is not highly skilled or overly quick, but he gets angry when he has to. I can't believe some of the players who get to call themselves AFL footballers. Seriously, for a professional sport, you wonder...
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:39 am

I cant believe some of you guys are showing the weasle compassion. How about show compassion for guys like me and my mates who bust there guts to play the top level footy and I would play ANYWHERE, as I've said you could send me the the fricken middle east to play footy. Just the honour of playing would be overwhelming for me, but he is a spoilt little mummys boy who wants it all.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:27 am

Gee, isn't it funny how quickly some people can turn. ND is and will be a very good footballer. He would be an asset at Collingwood IMO. I do not like the fact that he MAY have been toying with the club all year. I have not heard any report of him bagging the club, he has said he wants to play for sydney or Collingwood. Isn't it possible that a deal can't be done and that he stays at the club? Collingwood will not give him away in the draft for nothing, if there is no sydney deal he wants to stay at Collingwood. What will some of you say then?

Go Pies!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:12 pm

I will say that he no longer deserves my respect. I will say that he can spend a year at Willy. If he plays in the seniors, then in the Virtual Outer on match days he will be known as "the Traitor".

Thats what I will say.

-Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: