Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More Good News!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:37 pm
Post subject: More Good News!Reply with quote

The Age 5/10/02;

Magpies' core group to stay on
By Chloe Saltau, Peter Ker, Alan Shiell
October 05 2002

Collingwood has taken pre-emptive action to ensure that last weekend's grand final berth translates into future success by moving swiftly to extend the contracts of a core group of players, headed by captain and Norm Smith medallist Nathan Buckley.

Club president Eddie McGuire last night told supporters at the Copeland Trophy dinner that Buckley, vice-captain Tarkyn Lockyer, the ever-reliable Scott Burns and young defender Jason Cloke, who missed the grand final through suspension, had agreed to lengthen their commitments to the Magpies.

It will take Buckley, whose contract was set expire at the end of next season, through to the end of 2005, meaning he will surely end his career a Magpie.

Lockyer and Burns, who each finished in the top five of last night's best-and-fairest count behind back-to-back winner Paul Licuria, have agreed to three-year deals, while Cloke, who will be joined by brother Cameron at the Magpies next season, has agreed to a two-year contract.

As McGuire praised the players who had committed to "play football the Mick Malthouse way", there was stark contrast with reluctant Magpie Nick Davis, who has informed the club through his legal adviser that he wants to return to his home town of Sydney.

The club advised Davis it would be unwise and uncomfortable for him to attend last night's dinner, and McGuire made a veiled reference to Davis' desire to leave the Collingwood fold.

"If people cannot commit to the Collingwood way then provided the club gets suitably recompensed we will not stand in their way," McGuire said.

"No one person will ever take the focus from the team at Collingwood."

Football manager Neil Balme last night said Davis' wishes were still unclear but his legal adviser had requested a meeting with Collingwood officials.

The Swans have indicated they would be reluctant to give up high draft picks for the talented, homesick forward.

The Magpies are thought to be angry about Davis' failure to appear at a meeting on Wednesday.

If Licuria was an unfashionable Copeland Trophy winner last year when he unexpectedly upstaged Buckley, this time he was favourite and the clear winner from Burns and former Fremantle defender James Clement.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And some More!!
The Age 5/10/02;

Two clubs will die, warns top Saint
By Nabila Ahmed, Chloe Saltau
October 05 2002

St Kilda president Rod Butterss last night forecast the demise of two AFL clubs within the next five years.

Butterss, addressing last night's St Kilda best-and-fairest function at Colonial Stadium, did not specify which clubs he considered most likely to collapse but warned that the Saints had to work to ensure they survived.

He said St Kilda had laid "the premiership foundation stone" but warned that it was unacceptable for it to finish 16th, 15th and 15th as it had in the past three seasons.

"We must go on with the job, we must have the courage to go on with the job," Butterss said.

"Make no mistake: in my view within the next five years this industry will see at least two fewer clubs operating in the AFL and that's terribly unfortunate.

"It is all of our jobs - directors, staff, supporters, everybody - to ensure that the St Kilda Football Club is not one of those two clubs and I'm certain we will not be."

It is believed that 10 of the AFL's 16 clubs will record losses this year, with St Kilda, the Western Bulldogs and the Kangaroos expected to lose more than $4million between them.

Amid speculation that Saints ruckman Peter Everitt was keen to play elsewhere, Butterss sounded a warning to those not committed to the club.

"If you are not 100 per cent (committed), please come and see us and we will gladly show you the door," he said.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:58 am

Just a question: when do the contracts of Jarrod Molloy and James Clement expire? Have they signed up yet?????.

Don't ask me why I asked this,I would hate to see these players not be magpies.

Maybe it's all this nick davies talk that has had me ask this question.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:11 pm

The name is DAVIS, not davies.
I'm sick of reading it wrong. I'm not to sure if people who don't know it aren't just trying to stir the pot.

-Craig

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:18 pm

i dont care about all this CRAP <-- (excuse the non-blockd out language)

I JUST WANT NICK TO STAY.
END OF STORY
THE END

WHATEVR

just want him to stay..
lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:31 pm

Yeah! When does Jarrod's expire!! In 7 years?! lolz.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"If U Told Me To Cry 4 U, I Could, If U Told Me To Die 4 U I Would" *Always- Bon Jovi*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
molloymagic Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:44 pm

well excuse me for mispelling DAVIS!!!!!!!!!. I just wish he would say weather(probably got that wrong to) or not he's staying.

Jarrod Molloy RULES 4EVA!!!!!!.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:48 pm

Molloymagic, in the way your referring it, you wrote whether wrong! Your 'weather' is not relevant to your topic!

Sorry i just had to say it! hehehehe!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

"Thats me in da corner, Thats me in da spotlight, Losing my religion, Trying 2 keep up with u, & I dont know if I can do it, Oh no i've said 2 much, I havent said enough, I thought that I heard u laughing, I thought that I heard u sing, I think I thought I saw u try"
*Losing My Religion- R.E.M*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
molloymagic Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:53 pm

*rofwl* ta Lisey!

**here's to the year 2003 when Molloy will be back,fit and ready to play and having a injury free season!!!!!!.**

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*

[This message has been edited by molloymagic (edited 07 October 2002).]
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:08 pm

amen molloymagic!!
Watch out players in 2003! Jarrod's gonna get ya!
Jarrod Molloy for Copeland 2003!!!!!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

"Thats me in da corner, Thats me in da spotlight, Losing my religion, Trying 2 keep up with u, & I dont know if I can do it, Oh no i've said 2 much, I havent said enough, I thought that I heard u laughing, I thought that I heard u sing, I think I thought I saw u try"
*Losing My Religion- R.E.M*
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:52 am

and more good news - brittan is sueing the blues for over 300 thousand bucks! poor poor jack... LOL!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: