Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SPIDER!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:34 am
Post subject: SPIDER!!!Reply with quote

ok its obvious that spider doesnt wanna play for the saints and its obvious that he could be a pie! do u want him at collingwood! people will say that he's not commited and stuff but i cant see him being like that with MM as coach! i say bring him in!!! we need a tap ruckman. and he can also go forward and kick goals! whats your opinion??

footy ROX!
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be kool to get Spider!!
He is a gr8 ruckman I reckon!!!
luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:58 am

YEAH, WE'LL TAKE HIM. HE'LL BE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLAYER IN A DECENT JUMPER.

DONNY

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:59 am

A good ruckman would be great for us, but we don't need a superstar. French would do just as well, it depends if we have cap room, and I think we probably do, so I say YES!!

If Everit plays well, and he would for MM I reckon, he'd be a great asset, can change to the forward line with Fraser, it'd be the best forward / ruck combination for ages.

But he looks to be giong to hawthorn or Essendon (I have no idea how they can fit him under their cap!)

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:58 am

dont neeeeed him guyz!!! he'll bring a bad reputation to cwood and mick wouldnt like it, and nor would everyone else really!
our rucks are great, and building up to be ABOVE great.
plus we still have guy richards (very nice height, just needs a bigger build) and we are taking in cameron cloke who stands at 6ft 4, (talla than jason cloke) and who already plays ruck for eastern, so it wouldnt take him too long ( a season maybe?) to be ready to play at afl standard in the ruck (obviously not relying ENTIRLY on him)

lv frm me who lvs paul

PS so that means: josh, macca, kinnear, richo, rocca, richards, cameron... all eligable to place in the ruck
why another one?

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:20 pm

It will take Cameron Cloke at least four seasons to be decent in the ruck. We might as well use Fraser.

It will take Cloke (C) two years to develop a body that he can throw up against the VFL ruckmen, let alone the AFL guys.

It will take him a further year to develop his round the ground rucking at AFL level, it's pretty good at under 19's, but it'll take a while to step that up to AFL. It'll take him a further year AT LEAST to develop and refine the technique and the skills to be a good tap ruckman at AFL level.

Practically he's gotta be better than McKee for us to worry about him as a ruckman. To be better than McKee as a tap ruckman at AFL level will take four seasons I reckon.

Think about the young ruckmen around. Apart from Fraser, there's Gardiner, White, they're 23, 25. White has had what, 3,4 good years? so he started being a decent ruckman at age 21. Gardiner, under MM, didn't play seniors football at all in his first season or two, cause he was still developing. And even then he was slow to develop, but he has come on very nicely as far as ruckmen go.

big guys take longer to develop, if we're looking to the future, guy richards and cam cloke are great options, but don't think C cloke is going to have the same sort of impact his brother had in his first year.

I reckon we can afford to draft an older ruckman to give us three or four good years, then we will have fraser, richards and finally cloke coming through as rucks. always good to have rucks that can interchange up forward, to give you depth as well as versatility.

Spider or a fit allan or french would make a huge difference to our team.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:52 am

Brown 26, you're spot on.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:06 am

nup. cameron will work as hard as nething for a spot.
i mean SSSSHHH dont tell him this, but i dun reakon he can play at aaaaall.. i mean he has like one good match for eastern every blue moon.

no spider, wat a wreck to the club..

lv frm me who lvs paul
PS dont get me wrong. i think spider is a great playa and he would do some great things in the collingwood play for what? 2 wks?

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:10 am

by the way brownie... for cameron i said MAYBE a season, AND that we would not rely ENTIRELY on him, he does not have to be anything like josh or a 'primus' or SPIDER (lol just inputing into the topic ) in his first few seasons.

lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:24 am

cameron plays second ruck for eastern so collingwood mite make him into a defensive player like his brother. but if nick davis heads bak to sydney (lets hope not) then we should look at a 3 way trade wif West Coast which gets us gardiner.

PIES FOR 2003

pieman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:02 am

It would be nice to get a ruckman of any sort, would be better to get porter if he were avail, everitt may be good but there is question mark on him being is he another problem child and he won't come cheap, don't get me wron he would be handy but i believe in our team of champions we would love a porter,gardiner or even a clark keating

what do you guys think?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:59 pm

you will not get keating or gardiner, porter for presti? (no way!)

french, allan, spider (looks unlikely anyway)or mott are your only options i reckon.

mott wouldn't be much use, but any of the others, at the right price, would be rather handy

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:38 pm

I'd love to pick up Spider. He's a great bloke and a good player who believe Mick could get the best out of. He'd fit in very well at Collingwood.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:46 pm

I'd love to have Spider. Basically, we need a ruckman NEXT SEASON - not in a few seasons when say Guy Richards will be ready.. although McKee has improved alot over this season and pre season I don't think he's got the skill that Spider does. FAir enough saying "well we've got Fraser and Richards why bother ith Spider" but the fact is neither of them are ready to play ruck next season as well as we need them to. Richards looks promising, however, he desprately needs to bulk up and will be in no means able to be our number one ruckman next season. Cameron Cloke will take even longer to develope into a ruckman, if thats where he palys best. It's great having these players fdor the future, but we can't ALWAYS think about the future, we need a good ruck for now too.

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:39 am

i sincerely doubt cam cloke will ever be a ruckman in the afl. spiders on around $350K at the saints and without knowing the salary cap situation at pieland, i'd say at 28 he might not be worth it. brissy were talking about getting rid of keating but then he went and killed us in the GF and probably saved himself. barnaby french will struggle to get a regular game at port with primus and lade ahead of him and mark williams has already said french is likely to be traded. i think he's only about 22-23, good around the ground as well as in the ruck and wont cost us anywhere near as much as spider would in terms of trades and/or money. dominated the SANFL GF yesterday(altho by the skill shown in the game, i couldve racked up 20 touches) - kinnear/holland(and maybe a late pick)for french, depending on the sort of player williams is after.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: