Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should we keep Damien Adkins?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:38 pm
Post subject: Should we keep Damien Adkins?Reply with quote

Just want to see what everyone thinks of Damien Adkins and his progress at the club. I for one think we should stick with Damien, I believe he could be the rover we've been waiting for. But on the other hand his been so up and down you got to wonder sometimes, and his disposal lets him down as well. What do you think?

My answer still is keep him. You cant go passed that pase and excitement he creates. A real line breaker and carries the ball well. I still remember when he first came on the scene and turned everyone's head. Injuries havent helped!

Nick is RAD 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we should keep Damien.
He's awesome. Cant wait to see him at full pace again.
Go Chipper!

--nick davis is the next best thing!!--

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:50 pm

Hard to say, because he hasn't had much of a go at senior footy, when he does get listed in the side he has alot of bench time. I say keep him on for at least one more season, give him a better go at AFL level and then choose to keep him or get rid of him.

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:55 pm

I think we should keep Chippa, at least for 2003. Give him one more solid pre-season and hopefully he can break into the side and play regular senior footy. He is a real talent and has alot to offer our team, he's just been unlucky this year that when he regained fitness, the side was too settled for him to break into. If he can play good football in 2003 then keeping him will be worth it, if he spends most of his time in Willy again, time to consider trading him. I think he'll be valueable in 2003 in keeping some pressure on the likes of Didak, Scotland etc to keep performing so they don't loose thier spot in the team.

No-one can predict to what heights you can soar Pieboys... Not even you will know unless you spread your wings (and we did).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:11 pm

Let's be logical about this.
Chipper has not regained, or progressed, the form that had us all excited.
But, we already have one spot available on our list, thanks to Tyson Lane. I believe that Cummings will retire, so thats two. If Richo retires thats three.
We are bound by AFL rules to have three spots available at draft time. So Chipper will stay ao the hope that he can contribute in season 2003.

-Craig

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 02 October 2002).]

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:40 pm

Also, remember Chipper was injured a fair bit, he'll take a preseason (ie this one) to get over it, (as will Nick Davis, imagine how good he'll be next year, (Sydney people don't read this!)) so he should progress more next year.

given that, if he can contribute as a regular seniors player, it gives us more options come trade time to trade one of our more "well known" midfielders, which we have an excess of, to get someone we need.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:43 pm

i reakon we should definately keep damo ado... i mean, sure he hasnt played some great football but look at other ppl who have gone thru this injury... some of them havent been the same again aswel.... damos body is just taking alot of time to recover from O.P than others have.

plus, damo has gotten bak to form and then redone the injury so be patient with him. i reakon its worth the wait.

lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:44 pm

He won't be delisted.
Might be good trade bait though.
Should have good year in 2003 if injury free.

pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:35 pm

I think he is tradeable, but will be handy if fully fit

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:25 pm

Add to the list of those leaving may be Rintoul. Heis Migraines may sideline him. A damn shame. But if he goes and Richo retires with Lane pulling the pin( how stupid does he feel), chipper will remain a magpie. Early in the season MM was excited with him and he will be developed to be a good rover and crumber. He stays.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:45 pm

Don't forget that we had a relatively injury free year this year. We only used 32 players or something from our list. Many of those only had one or two games. If we have more injuries next year then we might need the Adkins, Hollands to play and have more regular input.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:56 am

Keep CHipper. The guy has ability, just gotta get him on the park.....and maybe work on the disposal a little bit.

Fradam Wrote This
stunning12 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:15 am

Damien Adkins has been linked i a possible trade with Matty Robbins from the bulldogs

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:20 am

I wouldnt mind Robbins he's a damn good player and just had an unfortunate injury, was in sensational form early in the season.

I definitely wouldnt delist Adkins, there are others that would be ahead of him in that regard (Dimma, BK and Shaw) and he adds depth to the side. However if an appropriate trade could be struck like that Robbins one then what the hell i'd do it.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:13 am

I was suprised Adkins didn't play more this year. I think he has real talent and he is quick. I would keep him for sure. This is a make or break year for him though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: