Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Tarrant Being Held. ( Just for a change)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris24 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:22 pm
Post subject: Chris Tarrant Being Held. ( Just for a change)Reply with quote

In the last quarter of the Grand Final when we were 3 points up Buckley kicks the ball to a 1 on 1 between Tarrant and white. Tarrant is held then slung to the ground. But yet like it has been all year no free kick. 30 seconds later alistair lynch gets a little tap and bingo free kick in front of goals. Game Over.
Thankyou umpires. Buckley shouldn've got the Norm Smith Medal. Instead Umpire brett allan should have. Afterall he won the game for brisbane didn't he? What do u think because im sick and tired of poor Chris Tarrant getting murdered by the umps.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the umps were pretty ordinary but this applies to both sides. the tazza incident was a free, the lynch one...well, im not sure what he saw that the cameras didnt pick up. yet to hear of anyone(including lions fans) who thought rocca's kick was a point as recorded.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:13 pm

Nahh not going to say anything cause i will get to *****######$$$$****######## MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:44 pm

Yeah but would Tarrant have kicked it?
His kicks were shocking when he had a chance to put us 2 goals up in the 3rd quater... instead Brown got one and we were back to square.

I dont want to have a go at him as he chased and tried hard as did all the boys it was just disapointing

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:57 pm

Spot on Chris24! I get so friggen angry at the footy every week, this happens every week, Tarrant is always being held but never is there a free kick! Yet when there is a big name player up the other end you can't touch the pricks, it's a bloody joke!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:35 pm

Brett Allen is a disgrace. If he is the best umpire in the AFL then there is a serious problem. Lynch is the most pathetic excuse for a footballer i have ever seen. Everyone knows Lynch has train tracks from Keysborough to the City. Its pathetic how he can throw his arms about and get pathetic free kicks while poor tarrant gets roobed each week!!!

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:33 am

Chris24

That was a definite free kick to Taz against White, but not picked up by the umpire.

Taz has more success as a leading FF and takes advantage of his explosive speed, whereas Lynch relies on his body strength in man on man contests.

As i am not from Melbourne, most of the games I view are on TV. I don't get to see the oppositions'defensive structure when the ball is being delivered into our forward line. One thing that is obvious is that Taz will usually lose out in the one on one contests when the ball is kicked high into the forward line. Delivery of the ball (out in front) to Taz (on the lead) is the key to his success.

People may say that he gets held etc and I agree that he does, but so do all FFs. That is the way defenders are coached to defend these days, and there is little help from the umpires unless the holding is blatant.

Never give up.

CARN THE PIES

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:22 am

As some of us suspected, it was confirmed by Mick Malthouse that Tazza has carried an injury for a number of months. This buggered up many parts of his game, his kicking at goal particularly. Apart from the dubious Lynch free with 5 mins to go, the touched kick and the rocca point-goal stand out to me. i bloody hope the umpire heard the touched one and i mean REALLY heard it because the similarities to that one and the Riccardi one that was given a goal are remarkable - except that riccardi's kick actually looked like its trajectory had been changed by a hand. Tarrants didnt.

Best thing i saw all day was the gang tackle of acker-full-of-himself-manis and then licca kneeing the prick in the head. Beautiful to watch, should be more of it.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:35 am

agreed cam. to steal a line, ackers has got a head that needs regular panel beating anyway. licka will get a fair few for it tho. riccardi's definately deviated. tazza's went 30m into the crowd without moving off its original line. rocca's was clearly a goal. lynch got a softie. but then rupe shouldve kicked the opener, taz missed 2, licka missed late etc etc. no player can be blamed for it - its just little things in footy that add up at the end of the day so no excuses.

RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:40 pm

Win Lose or Draw, its pritty piss weak blameing the umpires.

RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:43 pm

Dont get me wrong, Brett Allen put in a bad one. But you can never blame a loss on the umpires. Umpires like players have bad games. After all, they dont just pay any old prick $5,000 for a couple of hours work

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:22 pm

WOULD TARRANT OF KICKED IT?????? of bloody course he would have!
he was 8 metres out on a 45 degree angle on his right side! there is no question about it! then we would have been 10 points up with 5 minutes left! omg this is making me mad! i better stop

footy ROX!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:58 pm

"TARRANT BEING HELD !!!!"

Wow ... what a relief. I thought you were going to say he was in custody. As if we need another bloody rumour about a Collingwood player's alleged misadventures.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: