Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

i would like to join the cheersquad (joffa alf or any cheers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wishing to join the c/squad for 2003 please email your particulars to Cheersquad@magpie.net....

Alf... tickets for finals for next year will be alloted in the fairest way possible .....
This is how it should be:
1. reserved seat members with most games
2. reserved seat members
3. c/squad members with most games
4. c/squad members

Next year also will be a new era for the cheersquad..... bigger and better....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 02 October 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:53 pm

What about people who help make the banner ??

Does the number of years that u have been a cheersquad member count for anything ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues

[This message has been edited by JLC (edited 01 October 2002).]
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:58 pm

What about ppl that help make the banner...
Banner making is open to all collingwood supporters not just cheersquad.... so that one flies out the window....

Reserved seat holders that dont turn up to games... will be offered tickets after the members who DO turn up to most games get theirs.... ummmmmm JLC to be able to purchase a reserved seat you must also purchase a cheersquad membership....
And the number of years that u have been a full member... yes of course they get priority... but they must have attended games...

Does that answer your questions??

BE LOUD...BE PROUD

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 01 October 2002).]
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:59 pm

Cobood got her email address wrong it should be - cheersquad@magpies.net

Don't worry Frankie, I'll watch over you.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:01 pm

Well i think if you spend time each week making the banner then you should help get priority access to Grand Final tickets. Ive only helped make the banner twice and it takes ages. So the loyal people who do it week in and week out should be rewarded

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:10 pm

JLC... I beg to differ.....

Like anything else... ppl must put money where their mouth is..

I know how long it takes to make a banner having been there the best part of 10 years.... as I have said before for finals tickets you have to be a member of the cheersquad ........ ppl who help make the banner are rewarded with holding it up... but even that has priority.....

Anything else JLC??

Mike thanks you really are my guardian angel....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:12 pm

Oh i have plenty of ideas

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:42 pm

This is what shits me. Lots of ppl are prolly gonna join now just cos of the GF tickets and I don't blame them really but yeah, its still a little unfair. Regardless of who runs the Cheersuqad next year, i think the people who have a reserved seat and go to the most games should be gauranteed a ticket ,its as simple as that. If you want a GF ticket, go to every game. I agree Cobood. Holding the banner up is reward enough for making it and its the most exciting thing a person can do, i live it. I just hope the people who sit in the cheerquad week in week out are rewarded with GF tickets next year is required.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:07 am

I live in Bendigo, hour & a half from the edge of melb, more like a 2+ hr trip to the G (via trams from my bros place in Brunswick) i've been badly broke for a number of years, a failed marriage didn't help, but now i've got a career (teaching), a fantastic wife & a newborn named Leon. Next year will be the first time i will buy a membership despite loving my club since the mid 70s (when i used to live twice as far away from the G) I dunno how often i will get to the G next year but i want to try and get a GF ticket (if we get there). Country membership is cheap & nasty although i'll might be closer to attending 5 games than 11. I don't want to use the cheersquad because i think that is bs. many people will join the social club, so maybe its out, maybe - so i might be looking at 2 memberships at higher level than that. Big bucks. The cost of going to each game will not be that cheap either, with petrol, food etc. Should i be penalised even though i buy a more expensive ticket just because i can't attend as many games as someone who can just catch a tram?

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:43 am

I would rather go to the people's grand final(aka the prelim final). I found the atmosphere FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!. Although it would be cool to witness a grand final live,i just enjoyed the feeling of a prelim final.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:52 am

Cam i'm not saying anything abd against you mate and i agree, it is difficult to say who should get preference because people like you who may not go to every game are still gr8 supporters but i know what you are feeling becasue for the last 8 years, i have travelled from Ballarat to every game in melbourne and yes, it is bloody hard work. I'd love to just jump on a tram.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:28 am

There is never going to be a fair way to distribute GF Tiks. If corporate bodies do not get thier tiks then they wont put money into the game which means you and I will pay a lot more money to attend a game. If you wish to ease the problem, buy a membership and buy a cheer squad membership plus the reserved seat and use that seat all year. An easier solution is to buy a Social club membership. maybe even sponsor a player. I know these cost money but everything costs money so there is no point moaning. I like everyone else am unhappy with the cost of memberships but placing a little bit of cash aside each week doesnt get noticed in your hip pocket. By the time the season comes around you have got your membership money. Sheesh, $4 a week gives you $208 for the year. Thats less than 2 pots of beer, not even half a pack of smokes, 30 mins overtime at work. Theres plenty of ways to get around it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: