Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

i would like to join the cheersquad (joffa alf or any cheers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:11 pm
Post subject: i would like to join the cheersquad (joffa alf or any cheersReply with quote

To Joffa Alf or any cheersquad members,
Myself dad and little brother missed out on grand final tickets this year. We have season tickets but were unsuccessful in the 2 ballots. Next year we are thinking about getting a new kind of membership that guarrantees us a ticket there is social club but that would be very expensive for my dad to buy 3. I would like to know how much it is to join the cheersquad, whether u r giarranteed a grand final ticket. Please reply to me with the details
cheers from will carison

Go pies!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe u should post this in the cheersquad forum.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:56 pm

Every body is most welcome to join the cheer squad im not sure of the actual cost of full membership but i think its something like 70 or 80 bucks, at around next january ring the club and enquire about the cost.

hope to see you in the squad next year.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:11 pm

I to would like to Join. But just one question. When we make the grand final again will all cheer sqaud members stay member for the Grand final? Maybe you have to be part of it for a certain amout of time?

Go Mighty Magpies
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:18 am

You don't just join a cheer squad do get Finals Tickets. You join to be a commeted member of the club.

charli 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:29 am

I have always wanted to join the cheer squad (my brother was in it years ago) but never did anything about it. I might just do it next year but it certainly won't be to get Grand Final tickets. I will still buy my Collingwood membership just like I have for the past 18 years (actually my parents bought many of those when I was young -thanks mum & dad)
If anyone thinks I'm mad buying two memberships I don't care. I love the magpies!!!!! I gave up smoking this year and I'm happy to put that money into the club I love.

charli

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:34 am

You realise what's going to happen, of course. Everyone's going to start thinking, "Gee, if I join the Cheer Squad I'll get a Grand Final ticket." But there's only a very strictly limited number of tickets allocated to the Cheer Squads. This year I think all the full members of the Cheer Squad got tickets ... but if hundreds of people suddenly decide to join up for next year, and we make the Grand Final, there'll be a lot more full members of the Cheer Squad than there'll be tickets. So, obviously a lot of people will miss out.

As for who gets the tickets, that will depend on who's running the Cheer Squad, I suppose. It might be done by ballot, or it might be done according to who turns up to help make the banner every week. It might be decided on who turns up to the most games. It might even come down to who is friends with who.

What I'm saying is, don't automatically assume that by joining the Cheer Squad you'll be guaranteed a Grand Final ticket.

It'll be the same with Social Club membership. This year all Social Club members were guaranteed a ticket, but if there is a sudden huge increase in Social Club membership (which you can bet your sweet life there will be) there may not be enough tickets to satisfy the entire membership. So they may only be able to give a guarantee to the Legends or Captains members.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:58 am

Dear Alf M8,
I am not only joining the cheersquad to get grand fianl tickets thats not I am joining it most of all to be with heaps of good magpies fans help out with the banners and everything and have a good time I hope you will be welcoming if i join next year

Cheers m8
from will

Go pies!!!

charli 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:01 am

Eddie has declared war on the AFL re the salary cap. Maybe he could also look into the allocation of tickets to members of participating clubs.
I was fortunate enough to acquire a corporate ticket. I'm very grateful to the company that invited me and am not ashamed that this was the way I got my ticket because as I said before I have had a membership for many years and I turn up every week, I therefore felt that I deserved to go.
The thing that really annoyed me was that everyone sitting around me was from Sydney, many had never been to an AFL match and there were a couple of women behind me who weren't even interested preferring to talk about their kids.
I know people who would have given their right arm to sit in these seats.

When will the AFL start thinking about the supporter ???

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:08 am

Sorry, Magpie Willow. I didn't mean to imply anything about you in particular.

I'm just making a prediction that the Cheer Squad is going to be lot bigger next year. And so will the Social Club. In fact, I'm sure all areas of club membership will boom next year. And that will have the effect of making Grand Final tickets even harder than ever to get.

But I'm sure the Cheer Squad will make you welcome. I'm just not sure where I'll stand in all this because there's some changes expected.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:09 am

Well im thinking of joining again next year. However i want to make sure i actually receive a cheersquad card this year. A key ring or a felt patch would also be a nice momento like in the old days

I think the finals tickets should be partly based on who comes to help make the banners and number of games attended etc etc. However if you are only joining to beat the queue for Grand Final tickets then i think you are joining for the wrong reasons. You should want to join the cheersquad to help maintain it as the best in the AFL and to be part of the Magpie family

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:25 pm

RHYSTHEKING Sorry if I misinformed you and others of my intensions. Getting a seat in a grand final was never my 1st priority. The other reasons are to make new friends and the Number 1 reason is because: I Love the Collingwood Football club Simple as that

Go Mighty Magpies
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:40 pm

well i will be joining the social club next year (somehow) just so i can get finals tickets if we happen to get in it. and why shouldnt i? im not gonna sit behind the glass or anything cos i reckon all that is crap, but if joining the SC is the only way u can get tickets these days then so be it.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:42 pm

Im a social club member so you need not worry CQ you dont have to sit behind glass.........lol lol You are free to sit where u like

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:48 pm

Good Stuff I@n S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: