Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Plot To Kill Rocca's Goal & Other Conspiracies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:00 am
Post subject: The Plot To Kill Rocca's Goal & Other ConspiraciesReply with quote

This thing is approaching JFK proportions i know but -

Fact: the goal umpire is at least a foot maybe 2 inside the post looking straight up.

Fact: two players following the ball's path stand in the middle of the goals, looking straight up

Fact: players nearby looking at the ball are looking mid goal not even near the post

Fact: brissy fans with perfect view of the ball are not clapping a point

Fact: Field Umpire McBurney will never umpire another Grand Final, neither will Clark, the goal one. Our old mate McLaren will be back for next year. Woo hoo.

Fact: Giesh is looking like a real dishonest dick saying that the decisions were absolutely correct. Further proven by the fact that he did coach Richmond after all.

Fact: Still no footage/proof/statements about Tarrant's point. Mind you, no real complaints either.

Fact: Brisbane have done themselves no favours Australia wide by carrying on in victory they way they have.

Fact: Akermanis is just one knee injury away from being Greg Matthews, Funky Miller or Warrick Capper.

Fact: Leigh Matthews makes Kevin Sheedy look humble.

Fact: Reason why Headland can't stay in Brisbane is coz his wife has gone home leaving him to decide - footy or her & baby.

Fact: Nick Davis will become a Swan for a week, and then will deliberately fail a physical and come back because he won't get along with Paul Williams.

Fact: Spider will change his nickname to 'Monkey' in the trade period.

Fact: Footscray have made a bigger mistake than Mr & Mrs Cornes by appointing Rohde on the strength of a win over a disinterested Collingwood waiting for the finals to start. Should of appointed Royal.

Fact: Jack Elliott's removal will make Carlton even MORE unstable. People to leave Carlton quicker than a four man tent empties when someone farts.

Fact: North Melbourne are about shot.

Fact: I feel sorry for Hawthorn supporters - Joffa can wear a tux and still be in 'uniform' we can leave a funeral and go straight to the game, Hawks are stuck with the great 70's combo of brown skivvy and yellow gumboots or yellow wiggles skivvy and brown cord jeans. Playschool at best, Blankety Blanks at worst.

Fact: Geelong supporters will never be happy.

Fact: Rexies line 'that's been happening since the son of God was centre-half forward for Jerusalem' is no longer relevant. He's playing forward-flank for Geelong reserves.

Fact: Contrary to what Skyhooks sing, Eagle is a dirty word.

Fact: Adelaide's membership drive will have the slogan "Lock Up Your Daughters (and their Mothers)"

Fact: Mark Williams is another failed finals campaign away from a nervous breakdown. Look for Graham Cornes to put his hand up for the coaching position if Choco breaks.

Fact: Travis Johnstone's amazing season can be put down to the fact that he has cut down to one bong a day. He says the patches have helped and are 'greattt, mannn'

Fact: Alistair Lynch has been taking more steroids than he is meant to for the last two years. He has paid a price though, his nuts are now the size of marbles.

And Finally:

Fact: Latest rumour is that Dimma wants to leave Collingwood and return home. Headlines will read "Dim Switches"

Thankyou and goodnight

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Man.

Another Fact: I saw the ball go easily through the two big sticks.

Fact: If it didn't I would say so regardless of what others believed.

Fact: Cam you should get paid for your material

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:58 am

Everyone keeps going on about Rocca's no goal, well how about if Tarrant and Betheras had kicked straight from set shots we would have won? What if the umpire had awarded Tazza that free in the final 5 minutes....What if, What if...

Well there is no 'What if'. The Lions won fair and square - experience got them over the line. We had the better of the umpiring for most of the game, we just weren't experienced and good enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck. It was a might fine effort though, and very proud of our 2nd placing. Let's hope we can make the GF again next year.

"Grinners are Winners.."
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:47 am

Not "everyone" just about 20 or so I guess.
And Brisbane didn't win fair and square. The umpires decided the outcome of that game not the players, but hey that's just my humble opinion.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:01 am

awwwesome thoughts cam, minus the one about nick davis.

i dont understan how aka could say that the performance of Grand Final umpires 'crucified' the lions. i mean HELLO? look at all the talk about umpires mistreating US not U, u blonde haird F***.

And on the talk of roccas GOAL (yes it was a friken goal all in fava say "I"..... IIIIIIIII)
Todays Herald says this:

ROCCAS SHOT FOR GOAL WAS DEFINITELY A BEHIND AND CLARK MADE EXCELLENT POSITION DIRECTLY UNDER THE GOALPOST. THE BALL WAS SWINGING BUT WAS JUDGED TO BE A POINT WHEN IT CROSSED THE GOAL LINE

and on tarrants shot:

CHRIS TARRANT'S SHOT FOR GOAL WAS TOUCHED BY CHRIS SCOTT ON THE MARK. CONTROLLING UMPIRE BRETT ALLEN SAW AND INDICATED THE CONTACT IMMEDIATELY, MAKING THE GOAL UMPIRE AWARE OF THE DECISION BEFORE THE BALL CROSSED THE LINE.

OHHH and guess wat!!?? MIKE SHEAHANS TOP 50 is in the sun THIS WK!!! OH JOY! lets see how many cwood playas he decides TO LIKE this yr!!!! ummmm... NONE?
wat a waste of papa

lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:46 am

beautiful work cam

RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:20 pm

Cam, you should do stand up comedy!

carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:17 am

LOL GOOD STUFF!

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ... to be continued

NATHAN BUCKLEY FOR PRESIDENT
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:05 am

Fantastic Cam.

DANNY FANS UNITE!

www.geocities.com/danzy_rocks30
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:39 pm

The conspiracy that really f***** gets to me is in the last quarter. I know we lost the game and its all over now, theres nothing we can do but at the 15 minute mark we were 4 points up and Bux delivered the ball in beautifully to Taz who was being absolutly manhandled and it was an obvious free to him. Didn't really surprise me cos my boy has been raped by defenders all year (man i wish i was a defender). If he was paid the free and goaled we would've been 10 up just as the rain came tumbling down. Very handy! Instead the ball is rebounded and Lynch is paid the softest free kick ever and the Lions are suddenly 2 up. It changed the whole course of the game and I'll never forget it. Its way up there with the boundary line decision of 1979. I won't get over this until I see Bux with the Premiership Cup. Brings tears to my eyes thinking of what might have been...

No-one can predict to what heights you can soar Pieboys... Not even you will know unless you spread your wings (and we did).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:05 pm

rocca's was a goal, frasers after that would've put us what, 10 up? then tarrants nonpaid free kick to put us 16 up... interesting thought, but it's all over, we had our chances.

what peeves me is that geishen in all his wisdom, has decided to describe why the umpiring decisions were correct.

but he described them wrong!

in the Lynch free, he said the wakes had no eyes for teh ball, and three collingwood players hit him front on, therefore it mas mark interference.

the way I remember it, but I'm willing to be corrected, is that there were six players in the contest, three brissy and three pies.

the ball was falling short, lynch put his right arm around wakelins neck and held him back, which ended in him forcing wakes directly behind him and forcing his head down, therefore wakelins head was held behind lynchs back. no eyes for teh ball, well he was correct there!

following this, wakelin held lynch around his waist, as he couldn't see the ball I suspect it was to attempt to put lynch off

the other players did not do anything to lynch, they just went for the ball. there was no "front on" contact with lynch what so ever, apart from the pack going up.

if the umps continue to support their borderline and wrong decisions, they should at least explain them correctly.

and roccas was clearly a goal, the umpire was standing in between the goal posts, not behind the goal post, so geishn was wrong there too!

another incorrect decision by the umpires!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:50 pm

I read in the HS that even members of the Brisbane coaching box had their heads in their hands 'cause they thought it was a goal.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:43 pm

What I found interesting was the AFL umpires chief saying it was a goal, and ump was correct etc etc...well, one day, someone is going to lose a GF because the goal umpire gets it wrong...these guys refuse to admit that they make mistakes...they should get two umps at each end, each standing a post...less chance for errors. Whether Rocca's was a goal or not means nothing now, but one day, if they don't fix it, there will be clear video evidence of a bad call, and watch the poo poo hit the fan then. Gieschen(?) (AFL Ump man) is typical of the head in the sand attitude...refusal to see a problem, or acknowledge the possibilty of one arising with the system they have.

Cam, come down from the grassy knoll, the warren reports in, we lost by 9 pts.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:12 pm

On Monday's "On the couch", Marcus Ashcroft reluctantly admitted it was a goal & he said to the Goal Umpire it was a point & he couldnt believe that the Goal umpire believed him!

In the program Robert Walls also said that Mal Michael said it was a goal too!

Regardless it's no use crying over spilled milk becuase that won't get us anywhere... Let's refocus for 2003 & let the boys make up for the GF injustices on the field

PS> I couldnt believe (I could really).. Robert Walls was still saying that we were no where near being the 2nd best team of the competition and the Lions should win the flag next year and be the best team in the past 50 years!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: