Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies vs Williamstown at Vic Park! Round One

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a ball & it was great to be at the old girl again. Pity about the result but never mind.
Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Was great to be back at Vic Park & brought back some good memories. Will definitely be at more games this year, love the atmosphere, getting on the ground & listening to the huddle during the 1/4 time breaks. Good to meet a few fellow Nicksters too!

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, it was great. $5 for a beer is seriously rich but meh, it's cheaper than Etihad or the G.

Bloody brilliant atmosphere, I hope a lot of the people who were there today for the first game go back. Playing kick to kick at half time, shit I haven't done that for years. Brilliant, loved it, will go back. Several times.

I never played Kick to Kick at Half Time and I had Fun Doing That Very Happy

Any word on who was BOG for Nick's during the half time break? Laughing

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:34 pm

nulla wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, it was great. $5 for a beer is seriously rich but meh, it's cheaper than Etihad or the G.

Bloody brilliant atmosphere, I hope a lot of the people who were there today for the first game go back. Playing kick to kick at half time, shit I haven't done that for years. Brilliant, loved it, will go back. Several times.

Laughing Laughing if some one kicked the ball high enough i was going to go for the speccy over dtm Razz

but it was to packed to see which footy was yours and not
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Fire Up wrote:
nulla wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Laughing Laughing if some one kicked the ball high enough i was going to go for the speccy over dtm Razz

Yeah the Ball did get hard to Follow

twaters 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am

Only saw it on TV, but a subjective response on some players:

Hunter and Francis are serious kamikazees.

Thought Blight and Blair were down today from what we know they can do.

JA not yet fit; hurt his ankle; and am not sure of his AFL inclusion next week. Dawes played well in two second half Pies comebacks. He may still be just a tittle short of dominating or creating a crumbing contest. His best work today was doing a Cloke leading high and chest marking. If Cloke is out next week with ankle, then fine; if not Cloke has the incumbency at CHF.

Rounds and Reed may have found new lives up on forward flanks.

Barham's run helped the Pies' resurgences, as did the little rover Liston (right name?) - one of the few who recalled that um we stay down in front of the pack or run past, let the rest fly. Can we nab him now somehow?

Big Shae and Keeffe need serious help in the ruck once Wood is back. Roughead on a bung knee did us in. Keeffe tapped better than I'd seen him do before, and Shae did some great things. But neither dominated.

Keeffe's best work has been down back and suspect Shae's is up front. Would have been great to have Keeffe down back today as Little and Grant wiped the floor with us. That is a bit strange since we had budding AFL hopefuls NBrown, Reid, Goldsack and Rusling all down back. Of the four, the Sack is nearly back from illness. Reid seems a HBF or third tall who can kick well; the KPB experiment is still an experiment. Nathan Brown does not seem to be a fullback - he was beaten on leads by guys his junior - could be a wonderful CHB but his favourite kick, unlike Reid's, is the old roost it high and long down the boundary, which may not be all that creative fom CHB.

Carter was used sparingly down back, but he shows there might be something there in marking and disposals once he strenghtens up? Similarly with Tom Young. The guy is a gun. The pace got to him a bit but at still around 17 years, he was not disgraced and did much unbelievable constructive work for his age of rebound and dogged defence.

Rusling of course is not a full back's shadow with all those goals kicked against him; he has the foot speed, but not defensive closing speed off the mark; and then he tries to mark the ball instead of all that 'ugly' punching stuff. Wing or forward, or VFL Pies will be swamped. No doubt a behind the ball role will create confidence in his body in the near term.

Buckley and Cook. Both good players today, but maybe in a more Jack Dyer kinda sense. A lot of ball, but undetermined impact with it. Buckley is still getting fitness up and could get there. Cookie I've willed to get there but decision-making wasn't always incisive. Trust Licca is giving Cook the 'go short to a free option' advice that he did himself.

Sundberg, Frost, and Col all played well.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 am

Fire Up wrote:
nulla wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Plus the kicks from the other end were going about 15m wide of you Laughing
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:29 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Fire Up wrote:
nulla wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Plus the kicks from the other end were going about 15m wide of you Laughing

yea and stui and i were trying to aim for the girls that was about 10 metres away from you guys on your right. Laughing
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 am

great day

on the dawes bump

slightly late, so deserved the free. But as far as a report went there was no contact to the head and i had a really good angle.

david975 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 pm

anyone know why ben sinclair wasn't playing....injured?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:51 pm

david975 wrote:

Think So

Meddy7 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:29 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
great day

on the dawes bump

slightly late, so deserved the free. But as far as a report went there was no contact to the head and i had a really good angle.

It was Brown not dawes Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Yeah played back. Got thrashed by his opponent - Little kicked 6.1. But did do some good things - a couple of nice marks and tackles, some good kicks, though some poor as well.

Don't know what the club's thinking is. Maybe they really believe he can make it as a back. Hopefully they're just letting him get match fitness before they move him back to the forward line, but he's been back for a while now.

What I saw on the teev was that Wlliamaston delivered to the FF beautifully. Our midfielders didn'd apply enough pressure & many of their players can actually kick the ball with precision - something missing in many of our players. I thought Rus was good.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am

twaters wrote:
Only saw it on TV, but a subjective response on some players:

Hunter and Francis are serious kamikazees.

Thought Blight and Blair were down today from what we know they can do.

JA not yet fit; hurt his ankle; and am not sure of his AFL inclusion next week. Dawes played well in two second half Pies comebacks. He may still be just a tittle short of dominating or creating a crumbing contest. His best work today was doing a Cloke leading high and chest marking. If Cloke is out next week with ankle, then fine; if not Cloke has the incumbency at CHF.

Rounds and Reed may have found new lives up on forward flanks.

Barham's run helped the Pies' resurgences, as did the little rover Liston (right name?) - one of the few who recalled that um we stay down in front of the pack or run past, let the rest fly. Can we nab him now somehow?

Big Shae and Keeffe need serious help in the ruck once Wood is back. Roughead on a bung knee did us in. Keeffe tapped better than I'd seen him do before, and Shae did some great things. But neither dominated.

Keeffe's best work has been down back and suspect Shae's is up front. Would have been great to have Keeffe down back today as Little and Grant wiped the floor with us. That is a bit strange since we had budding AFL hopefuls NBrown, Reid, Goldsack and Rusling all down back. Of the four, the Sack is nearly back from illness. Reid seems a HBF or third tall who can kick well; the KPB experiment is still an experiment. Nathan Brown does not seem to be a fullback - he was beaten on leads by guys his junior - could be a wonderful CHB but his favourite kick, unlike Reid's, is the old roost it high and long down the boundary, which may not be all that creative fom CHB.

Carter was used sparingly down back, but he shows there might be something there in marking and disposals once he strenghtens up? Similarly with Tom Young. The guy is a gun. The pace got to him a bit but at still around 17 years, he was not disgraced and did much unbelievable constructive work for his age of rebound and dogged defence.

Rusling of course is not a full back's shadow with all those goals kicked against him; he has the foot speed, but not defensive closing speed off the mark; and then he tries to mark the ball instead of all that 'ugly' punching stuff. Wing or forward, or VFL Pies will be swamped. No doubt a behind the ball role will create confidence in his body in the near term.

Buckley and Cook. Both good players today, but maybe in a more Jack Dyer kinda sense. A lot of ball, but undetermined impact with it. Buckley is still getting fitness up and could get there. Cookie I've willed to get there but decision-making wasn't always incisive. Trust Licca is giving Cook the 'go short to a free option' advice that he did himself.

Sundberg, Frost, and Col all played well.

Good post. I think your a bit hard on the Ruz as I noted above I thought willis domination of the midfield combined with great footskills made Little's work earier on Ruz & Little being a bloody accurate kick too he made the most of the opportunites the midfield gave him.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am

Dave The Man wrote:
david975 wrote:

Think So

he told me he was still 2-3 weeks away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: