Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Scotland & Brodie Holland = Trade bait

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:32 am
Post subject: Heath Scotland & Brodie Holland = Trade baitReply with quote

Heath Scotland (who we can get something for) has to be traded. We have to many players of his type, example - O'Bree, McGough, Licuria and Didak. I would rate all of them ahead of Heath. We need another running centreman, resembling a Travis Johnstone. We have to many in and under players and not enough runners.

And Brodie Holland is another who has to go. Has had enough chances. If we could get Everitt and another young running centreman then we can take the next step.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont reakon we should let heath go due to the fact that he is playing the best football of his career at the moment. his kicking is dead set on target, he is not afraid to put his body on the line and he helps out team mates around goal by getting THEM the ball rather than having all the shots himself.

brodie would be a good lure, the herald sun suggested brodie for mercuri which wouldnt be too bad at all..

lv frm me who lvs paul

PS i reakon brodie has been hit the 'i dont know if i want to play football anymore' disease... i just reakon the feeling isnt comming across as strong anymore from brodie. i think this is jst comming from his form at the moment... he just needs a boost of confidence and i reakon he's bak and ready to rumble

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 01 October 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:45 am

Well i disagree that all the players you have named are of the same type. Obree Licuria and McGough are all in and under players. However Didak is a classy half forward/midfielder with an eye for goals. Scotland is a running midfielder who possesses good foot skills and we have yet to see the best of him.

I wouldnt trade Brodie Holland either as he still has a role to play in our team. Any small player who can kick 8 goals in one game obviously has great talent.

I am sure Richard Cole will also step up and be a regular senior player next year. Who knows maybe even Guy Richards will be ready for senior football next year ? The key is to continue to develop the young talent that we have on our list.

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:49 am

i hope guy will be ready.... i reakon dane swan will be getting a shot soon cuz his play reminds my alot of didak + brodie + even leon (i know its a big say) just the way that he is a sneak around goals and pops up from no where to produce goods. and then he finishes off wit a bit of a leon "#1" finger in the air.

lol go daney!
lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:54 am

If Scotland and Holland are traded I will allow you (without anasetics) to remove my left testicle.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:58 am

All Im saying is that our centreline looks abit small. We need to get another tallish attacking centerman to the line up. And with the likes of Ryan Lonie and Richard Cole we would have a more potent one. Just imagine getting another centerman who has the same qualities as Lonie and Cole to the line up! 3 tallish centerman who mark in the air and break the lines with quick running. Heath Scotland does not have those qualities. Is still a good player thou.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:06 am

a damn good playa.
but seriously... havent we proven that we dont NEED 'these' types of playas or 'those' types of playas. i mean sure, we're a small team, but we have defied the odd and kickd teams outta the GROUND who have been taller than us.

we have the speed and the determination.... i hate draft time and i wouldnt be wanting or thinking about letting neone go.

lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Pies Premiers 2002 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:03 am

I must admitt...mid-season I went through our list and Heaths head was on the chopping block...but he has had a terrific last 10 weeks and is a terrific ball getter....the beauty about having a players like Heath and brodie...they add depth...we have not had depth for a long time....

Brodie can put pressure on the likes of Leon/didak and N davis, whilst Scotland will put O'bree, tarks and goughie on notice if they play poorly....of course our list cannot remain the same

But time will tell!

GO PIES!

TC

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:17 am

Whoever said we need another midfielder is on the money.

Kane Johnson is the man, he wants to come home to Victoria. lets do a deal, maybe if Nick Davis is going we could get Sydney into the Carey deal somehow.

EG;
Davis to Sydney
Sydney player(s) to North
Carey to Adelaide
K Johnson to Collingwood

Nobody wants to lose Nicky D but with Dids, Leon, Rupe etc..We can cover him.

DB.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:29 am

i wouldnt be worried with trading holland. we all get an attachment to all our players but every year a few of them have to go. scotland has been given 3 or so years to develop - why give him away when he hits senior form? scooter stays. holland and kinnear for johnson, nicky d(if he goes of course) for goodes. surely we can work out a deal with spider also.

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 01 October 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:33 am

Brodie Holland would have been very handy on the weekend as we did not get one goal from our crumbers. With a tall forward line Brodie Holland can still be a useful player and adds to our depth which is what we need to maintain to be good.

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:40 pm

Holland's only problem is he goes missing too often. Its a tough position to play, because alot of things have to go your way. Theres not many decent small forwards going around. Keep him for one more year.
Scotland cannot be traded. He was one of our most underated players this year. Fantastic foot skills, we dont appreciate his skills as much as we should because of the Buckleys and Lockyers we have in our team.
Get rid of the dead wood like Kinnear, Shaw before you start chopping players that are in the best 22.

Dan

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:58 pm

i am not just saying this coz i luv brodie and nick but u have got to be joking if u wanna get rid of em...if people are a little bit patient brodie can become Mecuri, or maybe even better! wat.. do u think mecuri just started playing footy and was a champion, he had 2 work hard 4 it, and i am sure if people stop putting brodie and even nick down i am sure they will be great! What do u think brodie just got 8 goals out of no where, he worked hard for em! and as 4 nick well he is a great player and he can become kane Johnson or whoeva you call a great player, but the fact is if he wants to go well we cant stop him!
oh and heath scotland well incase you havent noticed he was picked for the granny team..so they must have seen something special in him!

luv Sheree
xxx

~I love Nick and brodie 4 life~
September here we come!!!
~*Sheree*~

RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:09 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Very funny Murray.
But to the topic. Why would you want to Piss around with a quality young lineup that we have been developing over the past four or so years?

scud 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:06 am

i have to agree with bucks on this on. To get quality u need to trade quality. Mcg obree and heath are all similar player. all in and under and one paced. we need so more leg speed in the midfield and some more class. That's why we should go after Kane johnson.

Brodie is a great player and would have played in the grand final had he not been injured and i would only trade him if it could secure a quality ruckman or a class midfield. Holland for mercuri thats a joke. Why trade a younger player for and older more injury prone player who plays in the same position.
I believe we should also be prepared to give up our first round draft pick to secure a good player as we already have nough youngsters. It's time to add to what MM has already built. We have the luxury of not being forced into any trades because we are strong everywhere and young so natural improvement with age should happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: