Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ideal Trades?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:50 am
Post subject: Ideal Trades?Reply with quote

this is my opinion only, OK?

Shane Crawford and Peter Street - both coming off contracts this year.

If Crawford wants to come to C'wood, we'd be crazy not to at least put together an offer for him. he is one of the fittest (if not the fittest) players in the league, would bolster c'wood's midfield, is hard at the ball, and would provide leadership. also, not often that a brownlow medallist comes on the market, so we should grab them when they do surface.

Peter Street reminds me of Nth's Burton - gangly, tall, but could have the potential to be a great ruckman. if we can nab him, we'd have benefitted from the 5 years development that geelong have invested in him. he'd solve our immediate short term woes in the ruck, and could even rotate with fraser as a pinch hitting forward.

wishful thinking, and a case can be put as to how we'd fit them into the team, but if c'wood can get those two, they'd have done very well.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just suggesting this and I've heard it a few times, if Nick Davis wants to go let him go because we can pick up a quality player trading him, this is my opinion.

Wayne Carey to Adelaide (Which is confirmed)

Nick Davis to Sydney (?)

Kane Johnson to Collingwood

Adam Goodes & Probably one more Sydney Player to the Kangaroos.

That is a fair four way deal seeming that Goodes is a type of forward the Kangaroos need and who knows who else they might scoff from system that is my immediate prediction lets see if it ends up being the trade Collingwood are involved in!

Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:07 am

The thing with that trade Doska is that Nth would not be able to afford Adam Goodes under there 92.5% Cap. What the AFL have made them have...

Lets Look forward to September Action... And lets also look forward to more drinking at the cricketrs pub:PRazzRazz
MickeyC 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:02 am

There was a Sheehan article in the Sun when the Carey stuff was starting about Collingwood being involved in that trade. Basically Carey to Adelaide. Johnstone to Collingwood. Money from C'wood to North. Given the Roo's finances it doesn't seem so far fetched. Has anyone heard similar gossip?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:09 pm

I'd rather have goodes, we don't need another midfielder! Kinnear may get a chance at the pies, richo and wakes are fairly old.. (sorry guys!) so presti and clokey and kinear may be the backline talls for the next five years or so. depends what MM wants I s'pose. problem is you wont get mcuh for him in a trade cause people don't recognise him.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....

[This message has been edited by Brown26 (edited 02 October 2002).]
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:41 pm

NO NOT MY BEN KINNEAR
i could understand where he's comming frm thou so...

that is so upsetting..

lv frm me who lvs paul

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:46 pm

Sydney will not release Goodes.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:22 pm

I wouldn't want anyone from Sydney. I wish Collingwood could get Trent Croad or Stuey Dew, lol, or Giansiracusa. They're hot as, and good players. I hate trade period cos i don't like the thought of loosing any players. I wouldn't be sad to see Dimmatina go or Nick Davis cos i have my doubts about him but i want everyone else to stay.

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT TO WHAT HEIGHTS YOU CAN SOAR PIEBOYS... NOT EVEN YOU WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU SPREAD YOUR WINGS(AND WE DID).

FLOREAT PICA - MAY THE MAGPIES PROSPER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:38 pm

Well i wont specualte on who we should get rid of as i dont want to mention names.

However i will comment on the players i would like if available

1. Kane Johnson - All class and a tough nut and knows what finals footy is all about. Dual premiership player and is still very young.

2. Blake Caracella - I think this guy is very under rated and has silky smooth skills and knows how to find the ball. I think Essendon would be crazy to let a player of this calibre go.

3. Nick Stevens - Power house mid fielder who is also a great kick

Well if Collingwood want a tap ruckman then Everitt is your man. If his attitude is right and he is switched on he is unstoppable.

I think our list is pretty good at the moment and only needs some minor alterations as well as a couple gun young players.

I think i want Nick Davis to stay as long as he wants to stay When in full flight Nick Davis is a gun player any where on the ground. He can play half back, half forward or through the midfield. Any player who is injured will look lethergic and may have a down patch. Davis is definately worth keeping though

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:44 pm

Junkboy75, have you actually seen Peter Street play? I've seen him play a couple times in the VFL, and while the guy is handy there, in my opinion he just doesn't cut the mustard for AFL level. Pretty much the same thing for Paul Dooley, who went from a Liston Trophy for Williamstown, to the Bulldogs where he never really got a chance, but those times he did he never really showed any thing worth writing home about, and Josh Mahoney who is currently captaining the Bombers reserves.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: