Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Re: " Tazza "

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:18 am
Post subject: Re: " Tazza "Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Sorry this has to b said but people that were givin " Tazza " shit half way through the season , people should learn how to keep there mough shout because noone know what goes on inside the club.

Mick Malthouse threw it all that back right in peoples faces that were sayin tazza got no passion , his not playin good footy, he should be trade for carey .. but sowwie guys that will NEVER happen.

Mick Malthouse " declared Tarrant at 100 per cent, but with the season over following the Pies’ gallant grand final loss, Malthouse came forward and said that Tarrant had indeed been carrying the injury.

“Chris played injured and has played injured for half a season,” Malthouse said at the post-match media conference.

“He has displayed enormous courage. He loves the game for those that don’t think that he does. He gets on extremely well with his teammates. He played injured because he wanted to play and he certainly didn’t let us down today.

Well Done Chris Tarrant . Good Effort.

So now how bad do u feel that u were givin the kid no confidence and u didnt even Question if he was injuryed ...

Sorry Guys, once again , just puttin my point across and freedom of speech

Good Luck Pies in 2003.. Go CLOKEY!! WIN A BROWNLOW!!

[This message has been edited by MagpieBoy (edited 29 September 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MagpieBoy (edited 29 September 2002).]
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

taz was serviceable. bloody good actually when you consider his injury.

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 30 September 2002).]
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:47 am

Thanks MagpieBoy I couldn't agree with you more! No one knows him yet everyone claims to know exactly how he is feeling! Oh he has no passion because he doesn't smile much and his body language shows he would rather be out surfing, this being just some of the comments which have really annoyed my this year! The guy was injured and he continued to play for his love of the club and the game! Now that the season is over he is going to have a nice break and will be dominating next year and then everyone will forget about his so called lack of passion! Tazza you're going to be a superstar!!!
Ramjet21 - what do you mean what does this have to do with Taz?

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:57 am

If Malty is telling us the truth, and considering he told us the "truth" that Taz was 100% fit, then he deserves to be whipped.
Why play a player with such a severe injury? What possible purpose does it achieve?
I'm confused now. Did Malty lie before, or is he lying now? Is he trying to cover Taz's poor GF kicking? Or is he guilty of mismanagement and is covering his own arse?

Who knows!
-Craig

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:05 am

After a pre season, watch Taz fire next year. BTW, I'm sick of the scragging he gets.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:23 am

Tarrant is only a youngster people forget that and the way he presented himself yesterday by leading up the ground and taking some very crucial marks where we had no numbers at ground level in some of the contests Tarrant was in, his kicking was unlucky he is a young kid that is going to grow ever year he plays we admire your effort yesterday Tarrant and with a good pre-season will be fit and firing next season.
The last four games Tarrant has played have been very good against the Bulldogs in Round 22 he kicked four goals and I felt if they kicked the ball to him a little bit more he would have ended up with about 6 or 7. Against Port Adelaide, Adelaide and Brisbane yesterday he has worked harder then he has worked before and we all must admire his effort.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:04 pm

That's not all true magpieboy, sure some people questioned him but many of us DID add something like "if he is carrying an injury" to the suggestions. go and read through some old posts, i'm sure you'll see what i say is true.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:08 pm

Tarrant is a champion. Everyone seems to be an expert when it comes to Tazza.

Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:14 pm

Today at Viccy park, Mick gave Tazza an opportunity to chat about his feelings of playing finals footy. Unfortunately, Tazza isn't the most eloquent of footy players but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the passion. Mick stated that he was carrying an injury but he desperately wanted to play which proves his determination to play. He also commented "those media people" can say what they like about his efforts etc. but he knows as a coach that Tazza has his heart for it.

Don't you dare call Mick a liar. Why the hell would he tell the media he is injured? So the opposition can take advantage of it? Or, if he is protecting him, so he should. Mick knows better than any of us Collingwood supporters as to what needs to be done & said and done. Don't be so bloody precious.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:17 pm

Collins dictionary definitions;
Liar; person who tells lies.
Lie; (lat) vb. 1. to speak untruthfully with intent to mislead or decieve.
2. to convey a false impression or practise deception
3. an untrue statement deliberately used to mislead.
4. something that is deliberately intended to decieve.

So if I wish to call Mick a liar, I think I have the right to.
This is not intended to be a critisism, I know that in sport a certain amount of deception is useful, but why tell us now?
Sounds like an excuse, and I don't like excuses.

End of comment

-Craig

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:59 pm

If we took out every player with an injury, niggle or sore spot - there would be no players left to choose a team from! You only have to see the strapping on players bodies and the ice-packs all over them at the end of a match (and all week) to see what AFL footballers go through, and the pain they play with, week in and week out.

There was obviously a gamble involved in playing Tarrant, but it was one the coaching staff thought was worth it. And of course Mick is not going to advertise every Collingwood injury to the media - especially prior to a Grand Final - no coach would. Mick has obviously put his heart and soul into our great Club and he certainly knows a lot more than any of us when it comes to coaching a successful AFL team - I hope he stays with the mighty Black and White for as long as possible.

GO PIES!
Marg

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:04 pm

It's presumptuous for us to criticise MM for what he said to the media about Taz. Whatever he chose to say(then and now) was for the good of the CFC.
I thought Taz was good yesterday; he took some good contested marks and made a contest. His kicking for goal was very disappointing and if I'm right, he didn't kick a goal during the finals. Still, I think he played well during the finals especially considering his injuries. Maybe his form yesterday
helped Anthony and Josh. Taz contributed a lot more than Molloy or the Davis bros.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:21 am

I admire Tarrant. He gets slagged in the media everyweek and by some of our fans. We all know that he should've had hip surgery but he decided to tough it out and play on.

I was dissapointed that he missed a couple of chances in the grand final but he was at least good enough to get the footy, just didnt take his chances.

We all have days like that.

Rocca had a good year and Tarrant didn't play his best and they both led our goal kicking.

He'll bounce back in 2003.....if the umps dont let him be held.

Fradam Wrote This
Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:10 am

I think with Tazz it is more a question of potential verses actual results.
No one could question his potential, but as yet he has only shown sporadic glimpses of it. Consistancy is the step he must take next and produce results week in week out.
For too long at Collingwood we have "carried" players because, at some stage we expected them to consitantly deliver.
And one other thing, if Tazz gets the sulks as he did this year a couple of times (and don't attempt to persuade me otherwise, I was there and I saw it) he should be dropped or even worse.
At 20 years of age with the undoubted talent he has he should be in the top 3 forwards in the league.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:25 am

craig, we all know what a liar is so u dont need to put the DEFINITION in thanks.

anyway we dont see what goes on behind the closed doors so they obviously would have had a reason for saying one thing or another.
we're not on the selection committee or anything and we dont have a god given right to know every little thing, remember that.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: