Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

akers refuses to shut up despite win

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:36 pm
Post subject: akers refuses to shut up despite winReply with quote

Umpires crucified us: Akermanis

Star Brisbane midfielder Jason Akermanis accused the umpires of "absolutely, ridiculously crucifying us" in the nine-point AFL grand final win over Collingwood.

The controversial midfielder said the Lions seemed to suffer from the men in white when playing in Melbourne.

Umpires Brett Allen, Matthew James and Steve McBurney paid 24 free kicks to the Magpies and 16 to Brisbane.

"If it wasn't for the umpires absolutely ridiculously crucifying us, it could have gone anywhere," Akermanis said.

"I've seen it twice now in Melbourne and they've got to do something about it.

"But they are only my thoughts, not of anyone else's in the club.

"Other than that, it was bloody terrific - great game."

Akermanis was critical of where the two teams received the free kicks, saying the opposition seemed to gain theirs in more crucial parts of the ground.

"If the crowd says 'this' then those 50-50 balls don't go your way," he said.

"I'd like you to dig out the actual (free kick) count and where they actually were.

"Theirs were in front of their goals and our's were out on the boundary."

Last year's Brownlow Medallist has spent plenty of time in the headlines this season, saying he did not want Wayne Carey to come to his club and also suggesting he might switch to rugby union.

But he also gained All Australian selection and was again one of the Lions' most important players.

Akermanis said he injured his groin in the first few minutes today and that led to a quiet day by his standards.

But he still kicked the match-sealing goal, snapping over his shoulder on the left foot to put Brisbane nine points up at 23 minutes.

"The first contest, I did my right abductor (muscle) and then when I kicked that goal over my shoulder I did my quad," he said.

"It doesn't matter - I've got the dangly thing (premiership medal) and that's making me very proud."

Akermanis said runner Craig Starcevich advised him just before he kicked the goal to be in front of full-forward Alastair Lynch when he went for a mark.

"Sure enough, I was front and centre, it came, I picked it up, kicked a goal," he said.

Akermanis kicked that goal with his left foot and said the early groin injury made his right foot nearly useless for disposal.

"I couldn't kick over a jam tin....I had no control at all," he said.

The extroverted midfielder predicted some hard partying over the next few days, particularly once the team flew home tomorrow.

"For us, there'll be a lot of drinking, it will be nice and hot up there and of course we've got to keep hydrated - so look out," he said.

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, he needs to shut his mouth for a change. Does he realise those same umpires were the ones that contributed to the votes for his Brownlow medal? Perhaps he should watch a tape of the game before he starts yapping. There's no point in whining about the amount of free kicks for one, as our boys tackled feriously and we rewarded for their efforts. I'm so tired of the "it's not fair when we have to play in Melbourne"..."the crowd influences the game"..blah blah blah. It works both ways and Aker needs to pull back on the peroxide for awhile, let his brain breathe. Crying about where the free kicks were paid, I'm sure we could count many we felt were justified and not awarded, i.e. Chris Tarrant should have been such a recepient in the fourth quarter...well that's football and the sooner he goes to Rugby the better.

Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:18 am

I want to see Collingwood thrash Brisbane in the GF next year and then have the whole team doing handstands! SHUT UP ACKER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:31 am

Yeah well you guys scored about 3 goals from frees but that doesn't matter does it? You are a wanker Akermanis!

BTW, what about those two or three goals that the umpire called points. What a load of crock, but I'm not going to harp on it.

JDF
scud 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:26 am

ackermanis what a d!ckhead.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:59 am

over rated tosser with bad hair..how many disposals you have you pizza faced moron? spose you shoulda won the norm smith as well? that was a conspiracy because of the crowd too i bet..

anyway here is a tube of clearisil, put it to good use wanker.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:12 am

i thought akers was shite again yesterday. last year he had a possible brownlow hangover to affect his game(this can happen to the best) but no excuses this year. hasnt performed on the big day - content to tear up a hack like wooden and gloat for weeks.

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:10 am

Rowdy you said everything I wanted to say! I can't believe the guy, I am so furious!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:14 am

Well ... now we know why Lynch got paid that bullshit free-kick in the last quarter. It was because of all those Brisbane supporters in the bay next to the Collingwood Cheer Squad.

This arrogant ungracious pr!ck needs to be seriously humbled. He was an arrogant pr!ck on the Grand Final Footy Show ... which is understandable, I suppose. Players have different ways of playing mind games with the opposition. But there is no excuse whatsoever for his comments after the Grand Final. He has put himself right up there with that Carlton official who made that wisecrack about beating us by 5 points.

He WILL pay for this. I love the idea of the whole Collingwood team doing handstands next time we beat those bush pigs. I also like the idea of Collingwood inflicting a career ending injury on this most over-rated of hacks. I look forward to seeing him doing wheelies in his wheel chair.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:23 am

shut your mouth you ugly piece of sh*t .. take ur cup and shove it up where it belongs

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ... to be continued

NATHAN BUCKLEY FOR PRESIDENT
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:50 am

Which ugly piece of sh*t are you referring to, Carla ... me or Akermanis?

Are you talking about the premiership cup or the cup of tea that I'm about to have? If you meant the latter, I think I'd rather just drink it in the normal way, thank you very much.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:20 am

no....lol i'm refering to akermanis ... enjoy your tea!

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ... to be continued

NATHAN BUCKLEY FOR PRESIDENT
neds elbow 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:35 am

I dont hear him complaining about the armchair ride the Brisbane pigs get with their 12 home games a year, or their extra million dollars in the salary cap.
This guy is so friggin arrogant he should be playing for Essendon. God knows he's ugly enough.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:05 am

Ditto Rowdy and Alf.
I couldn't believe the bad sportsmanship shown by his whining comments.
You don't see Bucks bagging the umpires for our goals that were given as points and which would have won us the game.
Or for Lynch's bullshit free kick in the goalsquare.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:17 am

We have to ignore him. He does it to rile us. Just like blaming his poor performance with a groin injury (just face it aker head, you can't handle the Magpie pressure - see previous game at Colonial). He's a c#ckhead and we won't be doing handstands next years GF - we'll be doing it in the prelim because they won't even make it to that one day in September.

And how can a team be whingeing about salary cap pressures for next year? I don't know - they make me sick. But really, we have to put our all into supporting the greatest team on earth and not worry about those that seem to let the heat & peroxide affect their heads.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: