Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ive never cried so much in my life! (PLEASE READ!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:05 pm
Post subject: Ive never cried so much in my life! (PLEASE READ!)Reply with quote

We were a big show for the flag and boy did our boys show us that when they play against the Briscum Lions?

When ACNE-MENIS kicked that goal in the last quater I knew it was out of reach! As soon as he got that goal I hung my head and cried and I couldnt even watch Bux recieve hes MEDAL! It would have just disapointed me more!

Everyone comes up to you and says we will get them next year which we will but most of them have probably had the GLORY of seeing the PIES win a flag and UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME I WAS 6 YEARAS OLD WHEN THE PIES WON IN 1990 AND I THE ONLY THING I CAN REMEMBER FROM THAT GAME was my uncle hanging my big PIES teddy grom the chimney AND A FOSTERS ADD THAT WAS ON AFTER 1 OF THE TEMS WOULD KICK A GOAL!

I am still so proud of the boys but even sitting here typing all of this brings a tear to my eye!

All I can say is I have the best group of friends wheather they may be on nicks page or real close personal friends like JOFFA, FOXY, JLC, MAGS and whoever else I have forgotten and I hope I can experince seeing the Pies win a flag and be there with all of you guys!

PS: I think ACNE-MENIS'S head is a big ZIT and if I ever see him in the street I will bust it for him he is nothing but a big shot loud mouth PUSS HEAD and good on Lica for doing what he done!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dan,

i was exactly the same m8, when aka kicked that goal i put my head down and didnt put it up for the rest of the match! it killed me inside but i hid it infront of all my friends.

everyone is saying to me that we'll be a better team next year, win 16 games and bomb out in the finals, and i fear that that might happen! thats my only fear! that we might not be there and be a better team!

footy ROX!
Annabel 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:42 pm

I'll never forget that moment for as long as i live. The last few minutes before the siren sounded...it was horrible, i just buried my head in my hands and tried to make it all go away...I prayed and prayed that a miracle might happen....my heart raced with anticipation, but as i looked up at the clock, with every second that passed my heart sank further and further and as it approached the 27 minute mark, i felt my blood thicken..and then that dreaded siren went....I felt sick....it was heartbreaking, i felt devastated, i felt crushed.
The next day i went down to the club and saw all the fellow magpie supporters, the players, coach and Eddie and i began to feel better, it really hit me then like a brick...how proud i was that these young players even made it to the Grand FInal, how fantastic that COllingwood was part of the September action again.... I am really looking forward to an even better year next year... and i am so proud to be a Collingwood Supporter.

Doska^32 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:45 pm

I was kneeling down under a tree in the carpark of the MCG caught in the hail storm and heavy rain I just sat there and cried for half an hour then didn't know what to do with my self. I wasn't sure whether to meet people that I had arranged to meet at the Cricketers then go to Victoria Park or just go home and drink in agony, which I ended up doing.
I was also 6 years old in 1990, honestly the only thing I remember was walking into my living room and seeing the ball get smothered by a Collingwood player, that is my only memory of 1990. I was truly shattered along with the rest of the army and I am still bleeding, but in another 6 months we will have another crack at it and we will go one step better next year, until we win a premiership I will be truly shattered deep down inside.

Annabel 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:06 pm

Well i am lucky that i was a bit older than 6 in 1990, so i really enjoyed that premiership...however as a child I did have to endure watching collingwood lose 4 Grand Finals....1977, 1979, 1980 and 1981...I remember watching the games on TV very vaguely, but i do remember feeling devastated with each loss.
But lets not dwell on the downside....this year is over...so lets just think ahead to next season...

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:16 am

I've been fortunate enough to be at a winning GF (1990) and I never really understood the misery in losing one...until now. At the sweet age of 16 in 1990 I remember laughing at the Bombers supporters leaving the ground in tears. Victory was the sweetest and I relished in letting the losers know it. My dad was with me at that GF and just enjoyed the feeling, without giving too much stick to the black and red. I know why now, he had to sit through so many losing GF that he knew how they felt. He's taught me much about the Black and White and what it means to be a supporter of this great club. There's no shame in shedding tears over our team's loss - you pour a great deal of passion into the club week in, week out...so to get there and just miss out (particularly in view of the point that wasn't a point!) is devastating. It's this type of passion and love of the team that makes our Club the greatest.

Annabel 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:15 am

I think losing the Grand Final doesnt have to be a totally negative thing - I mean trials and tests you go through in life are the stuff of character building - look at the outpouring of emotion between our players, coach and supporters - this is an excellent opportunity for 'bonding' - i hope the players see it this way - Brisbane may have won this battle - but they sure wont win the war.

There is nothing wrong with Players, supporters and the coach showing emotion - i think its great - it shows how much passion there is at the club, and when there is passion, there is determination and a burning desire - that is what wins Flags.

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:43 am

Well said Annabel!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:54 pm

My eyes had tears in them when Aker kicked that goal.

Those last few minutes were terrible. They felt like a lifetime. Even then I was holding it in. But stopped myself from balling on the spot incase a miracle happened. When Nick Davis marked on HF and was about to pass to Josh, in that split second I thought that he would kick it and from the centre bounce, you knows what could happen....but then before I could think about it more, that horrible noise invaded my dream. That bloody siren.

I cried like a baby for 1-2 minutes. It was terrible and I was in a Lions section where they were all standing up cheering and I was the lone pie there sitting down, head in hands, balling my eyes out.

NEXT YEAR PIES..

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:42 pm

Well Smithy, i could not belve it after the game....i was so upset, but i was not crying....i walked down and seen you, and the others and then on come the waterworks!!! I have had one of the best years of my life with all you blokes at the footy and it can only get better from here. Next year i will definatly go on a inter-state trip and have even more fun! I saw a copy of the game yesterday and cryed again, just thinking about that 1/4 or 3/4 of an hour at the MCG after the game. Thanks for such a sick year you blokes...i have met some blokes that i have no doubt will be mates 4 life and i once agian look forward to next year
Cheers
-Rhys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: