Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We fell short... so that means no sponsorship in 2010

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pica 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
i think the problem that exists with this, is not the commitment from Nick's faithful,....

Proud Pies wrote:
the issue is with the commitment of people to get to the full amount required to sponsor...

Anyone else confused?

MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 am

double post

Last edited by MagpieMel on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 am

For the record, I have emailed the club twice over the last week asking for an extension and I am yet to hear back.

I also put on here several requests for interested people to let me know asap, even if they were unable to pay immediately.

The initial deadline passed and was extended, the extended deadline passed and we were still short, even now we are still short with those new pledges.

The thing that people need to realise is that if we can't get enough of a commitment in the form of pledges to cover the total it is a bad indication for the actual payment coming in.

What usually happens and has in the past is people are excited by the idea of sponsorship and agree to be involved then when it comes time to pay some people drop out for various reasons leaving a hole in the amount to be paid which usually ends up falling on others to be covered because whilst the commitment to the club is from Nicks the forms are signed by an individual who is signing an agreement to pay the club a certain amount of money on specific dates.

I put my hand up happy to do the organising, when I did I wasn't aware our timelines were so tight, I didn't realise that it would also fall smack bang in the middle of my trip. I have done the best I can from where I am.

If someone else is wants to take over feel free let me know and I will send you everything I have. But I am not willing to make a commitment to pay the club a certain amount without a lot more clarity that there won't be a short fall and that I wouldn't be the one making up the short fall.
sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 am

As is said in an earlier PM Mel, I'm already in for $100 but i'm happy to chip in the difference and then if people want to buy shares of the sponsorship off me in a couple of weeks time thats fine.
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 am

If your happy to go ahead that way I am more than happy to go forward. Like I said in the pm the only concern I had was that you may get stuck with the shares because there didn't seem to be the interest that there has been in previous years.
sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 am

I'll take the risk, it'd be a shame to see nicks not being a sponsor, and if i get stuck with the shares i reckon i'm a fair chance for the raffles! haha

check your pm's

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 am

I'll jump in this year. Is it too late? Not entirely sure what's going on now... If not, definitely in.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:47 am

Good to hear Mel. Can you please PM me the bank details once it is all confirmed that this is a go ahead?
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 am

Yes, if it is confirmed to go ahead then PM me details and I'll make a contribution.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 am

sharrod_theiceman wrote:
As is said in an earlier PM Mel, I'm already in for $100 but i'm happy to chip in the difference and then if people want to buy shares of the sponsorship off me in a couple of weeks time thats fine.

I've already chipped in the same, but am willing to contribute further.
Let me know if you or Mel need it.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Look I have kept quiet on this issue enough! I am very proud to say we gave to the Earthquake appeal and did not even think to sponsor players who are paid very well enough by our Club. Surely we can find another way to sponsor players then asking working class? fans from a club that seems to forget it came from the poorest streets and lanes of Carringbush in the late 1890's and 1900's! How about we aks the players to sponsor some of our poorest fans with cash?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Look I have kept quiet on this issue enough! I am very proud to say we gave to the Earthquake appeal and did not even think to sponsor players who are paid very well enough by our Club. Surely we can find another way to sponsor players then asking working class? fans from a club that seems to forget it came from the poorest streets and lanes of Carringbush in the late 1890's and 1900's! How about we aks the players to sponsor some of our poorest fans with cash?

try keeping quiet then.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Can we just delete Hiss' post?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm

pica wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

It's all good and well for Mel to advise the club, by the deadline, that yes, we'll still continue to sponsor Player XYZ......but if she doesn't have the commitment from Nick's for the full amount by that time.......who's going to be the one out of pocket?

That didnt happen. It was never going to happen. Mel said as much. So nobody would be out of pocket. Rolling Eyes

for your information, it HAS happened in the past. How do I know? I was collecting the money and both another poster on here and myself had to put in the extra required!

I notice that you still only comment on my posts and it's always negative. I suggest you get a life.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm

pica wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
i think the problem that exists with this, is not the commitment from Nick's faithful,....

Proud Pies wrote:
the issue is with the commitment of people to get to the full amount required to sponsor...

Anyone else confused?

and of course taken out of context to again attack anything i post.

get a life!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: