Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We fell short... so that means no sponsorship in 2010

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 am
Post subject: We fell short... so that means no sponsorship in 2010Reply with quote

As you all know the club have set a deadline of the middle of this week for player sponsors wishing to continue with their current player to apply and pay half the total sponsorship amount to the club.

We are currently still $770 away from the total sponsorship amount required.. unless we have more people interested and want to be involved who can let us know in the next 12 hours or so we won't be in a position to sponsor this year.

I'm not willing to make a commitment to the club unless we have had enough interested people to cover the entire cost. This doesn't mean that you have to pay in the next 12 hours just that we need to ensure we have enough people willing to financially contribute to cover the cost.

UPDATE We are still $530 short of the required amount. I am willing to extend the deadline by 24 hours but can't go much longer than that because I am in New York on holiday and the time difference + difficulty in getting the paperwork through to the club means I can't just leave it til the last minute.

UPDATE 27/1/2010 I have tried to get people interested as have others, unfortunately despite a great group of people who were willing to be part of this we have fallen short.

Due to time limitations I can't extend the deadline any further so I will be arranging refunds for those who paid as we will not be able to sponsor anyone this year. I am happy to try and arrange something for 2011 hopefully there will be more interest next year.

Sorry to those who really wanted to be part of this, I'm sure you are dissappointed I am too Sad

Last edited by MagpieMel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
The Weed 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in for $50
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I will find $50.00. Been OS for 5 weeks so still jetlagged but I will sort it out shortly.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Mel, Just confirming that my money will come through as promised, so you can count on that for sure.
I've got the bank account no. thanks, but still waiting to hear whether or not I can pay at any bank.
Does anyone else know what we're supposed to do?

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm

fence-banger wrote:
Mel, Just confirming that my money will come through as promised, so you can count on that for sure.
I've got the bank account no. thanks, but still waiting to hear whether or not I can pay at any bank.
Does anyone else know what we're supposed to do?

Leslie, do you do internet banking? if so then you can usually just transfer the money to the account as long as you have the bsb and account number (and name of account just to be sure)

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks PP Smile
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 pm

I'll be in for $50 as well.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:27 am

Am I too late??

I'm in for $100.

#SIDEBYSIDE
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks to everyone who has made contact in the last 24 hours we are still $300 short. So unless we there are a few more people interested it looks like it will be a no go for this year.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Put me in for 50

Nicks Board has been very good to me over the years. It'll be fun to be a part of the fun!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Who decides who receives some of the benefits and items from a player sponsorship?

I'm willing to make a significant contribution of the remaining $250 but only if I can justify such an expense.

To do that I'd have to be able to choose the item and/or event I'd most like to receive/attend.

I apologise if I'm overstepping the mark but I'm not wealthy and for me $250 would be a large commitment.

P.S-I'm still willing to donate $50 if the above is not possible.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Who decides who receives some of the benefits and items from a player sponsorship?

I'm willing to make a significant contribution of the remaining $250 but only if I can justify such an expense.

To do that I'd have to be able to choose the item and/or event I'd most like to receive/attend.

I apologise if I'm overstepping the mark but I'm not wealthy and for me $250 would be a large commitment.

the 'benefits' as such are usually raffled off amongst all those that have put their money in. Generally in years gone past for every $10 you've put in, you get one raffle ticket. So, if you put in $250, you'll get 25 raffle tickets and the chance to take some of the items/attendances.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

the 'benefits' as such are usually raffled off amongst all those that have put their money in. Generally in years gone past for every $10 you've put in, you get one raffle ticket. So, if you put in $250, you'll get 25 raffle tickets and the chance to take some of the items/attendances.

Oh ok thanks for that. Fair way to do it.

With my luck those odds would still not be anywhere good enough.

I'll still commit to $50 though.

If MagpieMel gets enough pledges to require my donation she can PM the bank details and I'll use internet banking to transfer the $50.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks for giving it a shot Mel.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh well Thanks for your trouble Mel... How will you reimburse me as I have already transferred the money...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: