Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Man of Steele to have a massive year!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
laird wrote:
The media has often said that sometimes collingwood people rate their players higher than the rest of the competition does.
My brother who is a scum member, on the morning after the Adelaide final win, said in reference to Steele:

" That kid will win a brownlow "

This from an envious passionate carlton member Shocked

No surprise there, even a scum supporter can see real talent when it is placed in front of them on the big stage (finals).

Steele's performance in that game put to bed any thoughts some supporters had on his potential and his future.

To put it simply, Rusty will be a member of our best 22 for the next decade, and will outright make us a contender with the skills he has.

I was gobsmacked at his performance in that final, although in the days leading up to it I had to defend him to mates because they thought he had a "poor first season".

One game showed what he can do, wait till he plays 22-25 in a year.

Great posts. I agree. That finals performance was something. It showed his ten goals in the TAC Cup final was no flash in the pan. If Steele is given a job to do, he will do it.

I don't like to say this, but since a Scum supporter complimented Steele, I'll just say that his handballing and ballgetting ability remind me of an old Scum player - Diesel Williams (but that's just between you and me). Wink
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 am

Who is Don Watson?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:40 am

Tannin wrote:
Who is Don Watson?

Brilliant speechwriter for the former PM Paul Keating. Author of books such as "Weasel Words - re the perversion of language via Managment Newspeak, Spin & PR etc.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Can he still win the Rising Star?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

nice work Tannin, lol
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Can he still win the Rising Star?

Don't think so Dave, he has played 11 games!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/steelesidebottom/tabid/8170/playerid/19903/category/senior/season/2009/selected/bio/default.aspx
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Correct magpietragic - you have to have played no more than 10 games at the start of the season and be under 21 to be eligible. Sorry Dave The Man!

Thanks for the explanation to Tannin, Watt Price Tully. Smile

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

So Dawsey could still win it Smile
stabpass 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Nicksters this is all good news, but my smokey for this coming season is Jaxson Barham who is having one on one disposal lessons with the coaching staff including the great one. He has extreme pace ,courage stamina and if his disposal picks up he will be outstanding
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

stabpass wrote:
Nicksters this is all good news, but my smokey for this coming season is Jaxson Barham who is having one on one disposal lessons with the coaching staff including the great one. He has extreme pace ,courage stamina and if his disposal picks up he will be outstanding

You could be on to something there. With Bucks giving some intensive kicking training he might just force he way into the team.

He has to lose the mo though! Laughing
The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

stabpass wrote:

No ones disposal improves much once they get to the AFL ( international players aside). Jaxson will have to dance with the girl he brought and she aint pretty.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:12 am

Perhaps, Weed, that is because no-one much really tries to do anything about it. I mean seriously works on it in a sustained and determined way. Kicking skills have been the poor relation for many years.

Just lately the forwards have worked hard on the miracle goals - and look at the results! Where once only a freak-of-nature genius (name of P. Daicos) could kick those amazing snaps from the boundary under pressure, now several players are doing it regularly: Davis, Didak, Thomas and Medhurst. Why? Because they practice it. Deliberately. Consistently. Week in and week out. And the results flow.

So why says Barham can't learn to kick it in the midfield (a simpler task after all) if he wants to learn, and he puts in the time and determination? Especially not given the coaching ability he has there to help him.

The Weed 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Tannin wrote:
Perhaps, Weed, that is because no-one much really tries to do anything about it. I mean seriously works on it in a sustained and determined way. Kicking skills have been the poor relation for many years.

Just lately the forwards have worked hard on the miracle goals - and look at the results! Where once only a freak-of-nature genius (name of P. Daicos) could kick those amazing snaps from the boundary under pressure, now several players are doing it regularly: Davis, Didak, Thomas and Medhurst. Why? Because they practice it. Deliberately. Consistently. Week in and week out. And the results flow.

So why says Barham can't learn to kick it in the midfield (a simpler task after all) if he wants to learn, and he puts in the time and determination? Especially not given the coaching ability he has there to help him.

Unfortunately skilled players learning new tricks is not the same as unskilled players trying to learn basic skills. I think David Wheadon wrote in his book that bascially once a player gets to the AFL you can not improve their kicking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: