Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Man of Steele to have a massive year!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVe86 wrote:
No one really excels in their 2nd year.

Joel Selwood says hello, as does Nathan Buckley, Chris Judd, Adam Cooney, Daniel Kerr, Nick Riewoldt and a raft of others.

Old wives tale that.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Exciting stuff.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
he'll have an OK year. No one really excels in their 2nd year.

I think you should have prefaced that with..."Generally",
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:03 pm

kickit2me wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

Joel Selwood says hello, as does Nathan Buckley, Chris Judd, Adam Cooney, Daniel Kerr, Nick Riewoldt and a raft of others.

Old wives tale that.

What about Pendles

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:38 pm

For DTM.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/S/Scott_Pendlebury.html

laird 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:50 am

The media has often said that sometimes collingwood people rate their players higher than the rest of the competition does.
My brother who is a scum member, on the morning after the Adelaide final win, said in reference to Steele:

" That kid will win a brownlow "

This from an envious passionate carlton member Shocked

mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 am

laird wrote:
The media has often said that sometimes collingwood people rate their players higher than the rest of the competition does.
My brother who is a scum member, on the morning after the Adelaide final win, said in reference to Steele:

" That kid will win a brownlow "

This from an envious passionate carlton member Shocked

No surprise there, even a scum supporter can see real talent when it is placed in front of them on the big stage (finals).

Steele's performance in that game put to bed any thoughts some supporters had on his potential and his future.

To put it simply, Rusty will be a member of our best 22 for the next decade, and will outright make us a contender with the skills he has.

I was gobsmacked at his performance in that final, although in the days leading up to it I had to defend him to mates because they thought he had a "poor first season".

One game showed what he can do, wait till he plays 22-25 in a year.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 pm

I have to agree with the sentiments in the last couple of posts. I actually pulled up the Adelaide game again for another look a few days ago and Steele's performance really was just completely out of the box - by miles the best game he had played to that point, and comfortably best on ground in the end. His disposal, vision, reading of the play and ability to switch from offence to defence and back was first class.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
I have to agree with the sentiments in the last couple of posts. I actually pulled up the Adelaide game again for another look a few days ago and Steele's performance really was just completely out of the box - by miles the best game he had played to that point, and comfortably best on ground in the end. His disposal, vision, reading of the play and ability to switch from offence to defence and back was first class.

Now imagine him with Pendles running around too. Good times.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

Now imagine him with Pendles running around too. Good times.

Funny about that. I had the air-con on yesterday in Melbourne (bloody hot yesterday, cold beer in hand) & watched the game against Adelaide. Steele played a ripper & his stamina showed through - he did a lot of running on an unseasonaly hot 29 degrees that the game was played. Lots of dodging & weaving. His disposal most of the time & on both sides of his body was very good indeed.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm

He'll need those good evasive skills, because he's not quick. It's his anticipation that mostly keeps him a step ahead. (James Hird was the best player in this regard I've ever seen.) But his disposal under pressure was generally terrific. Smile
sq3 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Greg Williams was not very quick as well - but reading of the play got him some nice rewards.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:02 am

kickit2me wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

All right, all right, will someone friggin wise me up for once? This bloody raft thing, where is it, and why haven't we recruited it? I mean every bloody politician on the planet can't stop talking about it, and it must be pretty damn big because it's got room for all sorts of stuff - there are rafts of reasons, rafts of excuses, rafts of new legislation, and now I hear that the bloody thing has got a whole stack of good footballers on it too. I wanna see us sign them up! Better yet, why not draft the raft and play it at centre half forward? I mean, woudn't you like to hear it: "... and Goldsack takes the ball in the defensive pocket, handballs long to the running O'Brien, who takes a bounce, two bounces, three bounces and runs to the wing. From here O'Brien has a raft of forward options .... "

Yep. I like it.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 am

Oh, just one thing. If it has got any history of inuries, forget it. We do NOT want to be going into a finals campaign with a raft of injuries.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 am

Laughing Laughing Been reading Don Watson have we, Tannin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: