Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you remember the website?
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 am

think positive wrote:
So on the flight I watched ...

How did you watch 5 movies on a flight? Did you not sleep? I think the only way I could pull that off is if the flight is largely empty, I have a row of seats to myself, and I choose to watch 4 movies simultaneously on the backs of 4 seats.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:22 am

No I didn't not sleep. What's not sleep like?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:05 am

piedys wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Black Panther, rated really well but all it is about is a Black Superhero so Blacks don't feel left out I guess. 5/10

Black Panther was always a bit-player in the Marvel comics universe, but even back in the 70s it was a good gesture by Marvel to introduce a Black Superhero as to not alienate market-share comicbook fans.

The fact that Disney have spent big $$$ on his own feature was a huge gamble but I hope it found it's target audience. It's worth a look if you are a fan of the Marvel movies, if not, you'd be like WTF is going on here...
I was into Marvel Comics when I was young but guess I missed Black Panther and I was saying to myself, "WTF is going on". Laughing Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 am

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
So on the flight I watched ...

How did you watch 5 movies on a flight? Did you not sleep? I think the only way I could pull that off is if the flight is largely empty, I have a row of seats to myself, and I choose to watch 4 movies simultaneously on the backs of 4 seats.
not much sleep! 1 movie was 3 hours I dozed a bit in that one, the others were all about 100min, so that leaves 5 hours to sleep and pee! Then it was another 4 to Charlotte no telly so I slept a bit, it’s now 7.30 got to the hotel had a shower going to take a walk and go to bed! Bit tired now!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Death Wish remake with Bruce Willis. It was brutally violent and other than that it was pretty much on script as per the Charles Bronson movies. If you like blood and guts, this is for you.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm

My daughter told me about one, "A Quiet Place"

I might give it a look.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Went to the Movies today (yes I have finally paid). Went to Gold Class to watch Start Wars Solo. I have read a plethora of reviews which some bag it and some like it. We thought it was a great movie with action, laughs and a story line. Honestly does Ron Howard ever have a bad movie? 9/10.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:26 pm

I saw Infinity War last night - it was entertaining. I especially liked the talking raccoon and the tree.

The best moment, though, was when the giant "dwarf" forged Brodie a new hammer. I came out of the cinema and saw on the replay that he'd used it to smite the Bulldogs into submission, too.

Great fun.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:30 pm

I watched "Wild Card" last night on Netflix. Jason Statham action flick, thin on plot, some of it seemingly borrowed from John Wick, but not as good.

Very slow start, nearly turned it off but left it on while I played on the computer and it picked up. A bit.

One scene where he wins $500k at blackjack, goes to the counter to cash out, then instead walks back to the table to put the whole lot on one hand had me seriously yelling at the TV.

Not recommended unless you're after something you can largely ignore for 80% of the movie and just watch the 3 action sequences.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Well, I suppose if you’ve got some spare money but not enough to buy anything serious, this is what you might do?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Watched Justice League again last night. This time I got what they were doing with Superman.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Three billboards, brilliant acting, strange story, not keen on the ending, I wanted closure! 8/10

The shape of water, Someone here saw it, so I gave it a shot, must have been David! Very weird, strangely captivating, nice ending! 9/10

Paris and some numbers, movie about the three Americans who stoppedthe mad gunman on the train, 8/10 a little slow

I Tonya, the review said you would be rooting for her at every turn, yeah, nah not me, cheaters shouldn’t prosper, and wether she knew fully what was going to happen or not, she knew so,ethin* was go I got down, so no sympathy from me there, as for the mother, reminded me of my father, and the husband was a lunatic still no excuse for cheating. 7/10

Game night, easy comedy, didn’t see a couple of twists, really easy to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed it, Erin from Chicago PD is a lead, and I love her. Highly recommend to those who just like a silly laugh and don’t need to get too involved! After 4 heavy movies,this one was a pleasure! 10/10!

And yes I got a good U hours sleep! Plane took off 1;2 hr late, about 12.30am! Soiwasknackered, fell asleep watching the replay this arvo, sacrilege

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm

think positive wrote:
Paris and some numbers, movie about the three Americans who stoppedthe mad gunman on the train, 8/10 a little slow

Did you realize this was an Eastwood-directed film, with the novelty value (not a success, according to the critics) of featuring "actors" in the film who were actually characters in the real-life event?

If not (or if so), how does that affect your thoughts on the film?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:12 am

Yeah I did know, and they did an exceptional job. Both times!

And I love Eastwood films!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 174 of 239   

Jump to: