Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Demolition University this afternoon, it's about College students (Corey Haim, Ami Dolenz) on a field trip encounter terrorists planning to poison the city's water supply.

According to what I've read about the movie, it's a straight to video release sequel to "Demolition High" I figured it was something interesting to check out...It was an okay movie, had a lot of lame moments throughout it.

I suppose I wasn't really expecting a great movie, I wasn't left disappointed with that theory. Still it's watchable.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:58 am

This classic French musical from the '60s! Caught it at a one-off screening at Cinema Nova last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGuaivFbZQk

Who would have thought it? It actually move me to tears. This is from someone who generally hates musicals, too...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 am

I watched the link and then the ending!
She left for money maybe?
His daughter?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 pm

They're a young couple in love – he's a mechanic and she's the daughter of a struggling umbrella saleswoman. After he gets sent off to war for two years, she realises she's pregnant, and as time passes she (losing hope that she'll ever see him again) eventually accepts a marriage proposal by a rich diamond salesman. He comes back and can't find her anywhere, and eventually settles down and gets married himself. In that final scene, she randomly shows up at his petrol station with his daughter in the back seat.

The whole film is like that, by the way – every single line of dialogue is sung. Quite a novel way of doing a musical. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:52 pm

David wrote:
They're a young couple in love – he's a mechanic and she's the daughter of a struggling umbrella saleswoman. After he gets sent off to war for two years, she realises she's pregnant, and as time passes she (losing hope that she'll ever see him again) eventually accepts a marriage proposal by a rich diamond salesman. He comes back and can't find her anywhere, and eventually settles down and gets married himself. In that final scene, she randomly shows up at his petrol station with his daughter in the back seat.

The whole film is like that, by the way – every single line of dialogue is sung. Quite a novel way of doing a musical. Smile

cheers for that. the singing was a bit weird, but different, and yes sad xx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 pm

woohoo, got to love something that works. our projector died, we got a second hand proffessional standard one of ebay, didnt read the fine print and the thing would have lit the house down the end of the street up! it weighed 26kg, was 1/2 a metre long and wide, and 250mm high! so sent that back! bought an Optoma from ebay, was only $450, brand new, run out model,and its 3D. we already had a 3D blueray player (was the same price so figured why not!) had to buy some special 3D glasses that interact with the projector. yeah ok, i thought, bet this is a bust! bloody thing is brilliant! just in time for the shitty weather! cheers!!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:05 am

Saw Conjuring 2 last night. IF you like the horror genre of movies, you would absolutely love this just like I did. Otherwise, I would stay away.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Lazza wrote:
Saw Conjuring 2 last night. IF you like the horror genre of movies, you would absolutely love this just like I did. Otherwise, I would stay away.

I am looking forward to seeing that, I saw the first one, saw Annabelle wasn't a big fan of Annabelle but I am hoping Conjuring 2 is better. Apparently they're already looking at a third.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I am looking forward to seeing that, I saw the first one, saw Annabelle wasn't a big fan of Annabelle but I am hoping Conjuring 2 is better. Apparently they're already looking at a third.

It was a bit of repetition (sorry correction - a lot) of earlier movies but, as a horror movie fan who doesn't take them too seriously but more for a diversion from general life matters, I loved it. Quite a few screams were heard in the cinema but also quite a few laughs... Twisted Evil
If you look at it the same way, you’ll enjoy your 134 minutes at this movie.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:41 am

Just watched Escape from Alcatraz,the 79 classic starring Clint Eastwood.

Seen it a few times before but having just been there, damn......Really appreciate it. Obviously filmed on the Rock, no green screen or special effects,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:19 am

stui magpie wrote:
Just watched Escape from Alcatraz,the 79 classic starring Clint Eastwood.

Seen it a few times before but having just been there, damn......Really appreciate it. Obviously filmed on the Rock, no green screen or special effects,

Yeah it's a great movie, I have a copy too.

bit different to the Sean Connery 'the rock' the chase scene always gets me, the rock ain't that long!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:28 am

^

Yeah, I downloaded that the other day too. Might watch it tonight. Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:59 pm

Had a look at the fantastic 4 tonight, the latest version.

Really not sure what they were going for with this, it was a total and unashamed reimagining of the whole fantastic 4 origin story to the extent that the only thing in common with the actual fantastic 4 was the names of the 4 main characters and their powers. Everything else was utterly different.

I can so see why it failed at the box office.

As a stand alone movie if you kept the exact same plot, gave the characters some different powers and didn't call them the fantastic 4, it would stand up OK.

But trying to leverage off the Fantastic 4 brand with something that just clearly wasn't them, was dumb.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Xander cage is back! Oh yeah, can't wait for that!

Watched the dressmaker, really good, I was really surprised!remember seeing a review here, so I watched it on the plane. Great movie, and boy can whatshername act!

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:31 pm

like to pay a tribute to Gary Marshall, the man behind Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy and the movie Pretty Woman amongst others, who passed away recently.
Quote:
Director Gary Marshall dies aged 81
7News Published July 20th, 4:27 pm

As a director, he gave the big break to Henry Winkler, Julia Roberts, Robin Williams and Anne Hathaway.

other movies include The Flamingo Kid, Valentines Day, the 2 Princess Diaries and Runaway Bride.

Not without controversy, he also directed the popular, but abysmal Beaches, and was responsible for the phrase "jump the shark" ,meaning that a TV series has passed it's prime. His stubborn refusal to believe that Happy Days best times were behind it, led to 5 more years of the series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 144 of 239   

Jump to: