Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I read hoot as hot!

Love all those movies, oh my Beautiful Bruce, his latest Instagram post breaks my heart …. Those dreams are never coming true are they?

Toy soldiers is excellent,

Love love love first blood, all except one of them still watchable!

Dave for the once great Nick cage, it just has to be the hot hot hot hot hot. Conair! Oh I love that movie, and Angelina is amazing in gone in 60 sec with him! Love the rock too, face of is bizarre but fun!

I’ll check out the Defoe one, brilliant actor.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:48 am

Slight change of pace, looking for something to watch for an hour, spotted a short doco on Netflix titled "being poor in the wealthiest country in the world" which was about working poor in the USA. Quite interesting and well done.

It was made by some French company and they kept comparing conditions to those in Europe. Things like people who missed 1 rent payment by a couple of days being forcibly evicted within weeks and then being black marked for life on getting another rental.

Bunch of people living in their cars in So Cal on a vacant lot. The owner didn't charge for parking there and even had a fence around it and a gate that was locked at night for their safety. Some volunteers and built an outdoor communal kitchen area for them. Most of these people had jobs, but didn't earn enough to afford rent. One woman had joined a Gym to get access to a shower.

Then there was The Appalachians, where sonething like 50% of the people relied on food stamps to eat. (The food stamps are in the form of a cashless debit card that can be used at supermarkets which the Government puts money on ever month)

Some of the scenery was familiar, hordes of people "camping" along naturestrips or footpaths, I'd seen that in Santa Monica.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:37 pm

The man who shot Liberty valance. best movie of all time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:53 pm

American Underdog.

Stars Zachery Levi, the guy who plays Shazam.

Nice feelgood movie.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:29 am

stui magpie wrote:
The man who shot Liberty valance. best movie of all time.

Not best for me but it's a ripper. Might be the first film you have listed that I like.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:47 pm

^

I'll take that. Watching Equaliser 2 tonight, do you like that?

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:25 am

I was being a bit facetious, there'd be more than one - I like the first Die Hard, too - but The Equalizer isn't on list.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:17 pm

If you haven't seen it, the first one is really good. Very slow burn. The second is pretty good.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:50 pm

Commando. 85 flick starring Arnie

Fun fact, the bad guy in the movie with the chainmail singlet is an Aussie actor named Vernon Wells.

The house I moved into in Camberwell in 86 had been previously occupied by Wells, I got one of his royalty cheques in the mail. It wasn't enough to buy a packet of smokes in 1986 so I just kept it as a souvenir.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Watched a doco on Oppenheimer on Prime last night. It was 80 minutes, the movie was 3 hours so I watched the Doco. Also made last year, it was pretty good. Focused on the person rather than the Manhattan project. I enjoyed it.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:54 pm

Saturday was a good day for films on TV. Firstly, The Ipcress File on SBS World Movies, then later that night, For a Fistful of Dollars on Gem. Both rippers!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:19 pm

I've been seeing heaps of stuff lately!

Drive-Away Dolls: A comedy about a couple of lesbian friends who accidentally end up borrowing a car that's linked to a criminal operation, and have a bunch of hit men tailing them. This is by the same director as Fargo and The Big Lebowski, and if you've seen the latter in particular you'll know what to expect – a lot of violence, dark comedy and often hilarious dialogue. Definitely worth a watch if you like films that don't take themselves too seriously.
The Zone of Interest: Based on the novel by Martin Amis about the the life of Auschwitz commandant Rudolf Höss and his family in a house on the other side of the camp's wall. You never see inside the concentration camp, just occasionally hear the sounds of what's happening in there while the family's everyday routines proceed. It's a pretty bleak film but also doing something kind of interesting; I had mixed feelings but I think ultimately it's a useful framework through which to approach the Holocaust: a way of exploring what it's like to passively accept an atrocity on your doorstep (or on your TV, or whatever) and what effect that has on someone. Obviously has plenty of contemporary resonance with what's happening in Gaza and elsewhere around the world.
The Beast: This was probably the best film I've seen lately, but I'm not sure if it'll get a general release – it's currently screening at the Europa Europa Film Festival. It's set in the near future, in a world run by AI, where a young woman relives her past lives (one in the very early twentieth century, the other in the early twenty-first century) in order to have her traumas removed. Some people have compared it to the work of David Lynch, I think appropriately. It's a pretty weird and unsettling film and doing plenty of interesting things, so I hope more people get to see it!

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:08 pm

I was very happy to see a new Cohen Brothers film come out as I love pretty much everything they do. The Beast sounds most interesting, will try and remember it.

Last night: Dirty Harry. Was only going to watch a bit before turning off but ended up watching all of it, again.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:00 pm

Watched Equaliser 3 last night. Not bad, similar in vibe to the first one.

Tonight, a blast from the past. Bloodsport. Bit of JCVD action when he was still good.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:26 pm

Last night I watched Stargate. The original movie that spawned several long running TV spin offs. The Star was The Computer wore tennis shoes/ole Jack Burton/Snake Plisskin himself. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kurt Russell did some bloody good movies in the late 80's through 90's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 238 of 239   

Jump to: