Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
I looked up "hypersensitivity" in the dictionary the other day and found a picture of airport security.

It would have taken a government agency about 5 minutes to find out who this girl was and that she posed no threat. I'm pretty sure a stern phone call or police doorstop visit would have sufficed. But no, viva authoritarian overreaction and its News Corp cheerleaders. Rolling Eyes

Bloody oath they're hypersensitive and anyone with half a brain would know better than piss them off.

They have to assume every single one of these kinds of threats is legitimate until proven otherwise. If it had of been a real threat and they managed to close it off with swift action it wouldn't be considered an authoritarian over reaction.

Yep

We flew home from Queensland the day after September 11 happened. Also the week ansett(??)went broke. OMG the airport and plane were spooky places to be. You just don't say or even think the word bomb anywhere near an airport

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 pm

I should think it's the same as customs officers. They never, ever take anything as a joke, for two reasons. First because, to a brave but nervous would-be smuggler, joking about smuggling seems like a good, cheeky way to relax and get through the inspection. They reckon if you joke about smuggling something, you might just be really smuggling something, and they are probably right. Second, they really, really hate wasting their time on jokes and hoaxes (and rightly so), so they like everyone in the world to know that they take every little bit of levity very seriously and it is emphatically not, repeat not, a good idea to crack a joke or make even the lightest threat 'coz you will spend the entire rest of the day in a small, windowless room having your orifices probed and all your belongings wrecked in tedious detail.

Is this a power trip by low-paid, bored control freaks? Sure it is. Does it work, making their lives easier and your life safer? Sure it does.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:00 pm

No, this is real life.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Tannin, I know these people do a very important job and that they don't want idiots wasting their time, but responses still ought to be proportionate. Anyway, why are airports such special cases? If I joked about having a bomb on the train or at the cinema nobody would bat an eyelid, yet as far as I can tell an actual bomb in either scenario could cause just as much carnage. I just think it's an overreaction to September 11, to be honest, and the stigma attached to the event has allowed certain control freaks way too much power.

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:
I looked up "hypersensitivity" in the dictionary the other day and found a picture of airport security.

It would have taken a government agency about 5 minutes to find out who this girl was and that she posed no threat. I'm pretty sure a stern phone call or police doorstop visit would have sufficed. But no, viva authoritarian overreaction and its News Corp cheerleaders. Rolling Eyes

I thought you wanted more government David? Laughing

I want more regulation (particularly of business) but also more civil liberties. I think these things are compatible.

My world view may be complex, but I like to think it's reasonably consistent. Smile

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm

David wrote:
Tannin, I know these people do a very important job and that they don't want idiots wasting their time, but responses still ought to be proportionate. Anyway, why are airports such special cases? If I joked about having a bomb on the train or at the cinema nobody would bat an eyelid, yet as far as I can tell an actual bomb in either scenario could cause just as much carnage. I just think it's an overreaction to September 11, to be honest, and the stigma attached to the event has allowed certain control freaks way too much power.

I suggest you don't test that hypothesis. Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 pm

I've done it before, I think. There are jokes and then there are jokes, of coursethere are ways of saying things that immediately inform everybody without Asperger's that you're not being seriousbut 'nuance' isn't in the guidebook for airport security employees.

Even if there was an overzealous public transport officer or policeman sitting next to me on the train, I very much doubt that I'd be in as much shit as I would be at an airport.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Quote:
Nathan Buckleys Diary: Tagging and Mick
16/04/2014 AFL No Comments Collingwood Football Club, Eddie McGuire, Mick Malthouse, Nathan Buckley
Dear Diary

Ive never understood crying. It always struck me as poor way to stay hydrated.

This week saw all sorts of people crying about tagging. Whats the deal diary?

Tagging is part of the gladiatorial game of AFL.

I used to be upset if I didnt get tagged.

The thrill of running your opponent all over the ground till they lose the will to live is the only time Ive felt truly alive.

Well, that and watching a Mick Malthouse press conference.

Imagine being tagged out of a game and then complaining about it?

Complaining is just a way of telling the world what your weaknesses are. It makes no sense for grown men to do this.

On the upside, Mick is in a world of hurt. Its like watching an ex find out theyre dating a psychopath.

Whats more hes still defending the kicking around the boundary stuff.

Welcome to 2010 Mick!

The only bad thing about Carltons problems is Eddie coming in to my office every five minutes for a high-five. That man has no coordination.

Anyway, Im off to run around the tan a few times. I get the kids to cling to me to give the feel of being tagged. Its just not the same though.

http://titusoreily.com/

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 am

/\. Claimed!

That's cool!!!!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 am

Why did I read that link as Tits R us, really Shocked
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 am

This made me laugh today.

And it was at this time during the darkest days of Christianity, that as he was nailed to the cross and raised up for all to gaze upon his tortured and twisted body, he looked down wearily at his 12 apostles and speaking softly but firmly, with his last gasping breath, said unto them.....

Don't touch my bloody Easter eggs, I'll be back on Sunday!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
This made me laugh today.

And it was at this time during the darkest days of Christianity, that as he was nailed to the cross and raised up for all to gaze upon his tortured and twisted body, he looked down wearily at his 12 apostles and speaking softly but firmly, with his last gasping breath, said unto them.....

Don't touch my bloody Easter eggs, I'll be back on Sunday!!

hah, like it. Laughing

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I was watching 7's The Chase this afternoon and saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG8hgkIplcY

Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 am

for the guys this winter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR949AQ9jbA

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Lindsay Thomas.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 pm

My mum

Took her to her high point today as she wanted a new scratching pole for Sox the cat.

Walking past one of the jewellery stores she spotted a lovely pearl and marcasite brooch - didn't have a price on it so I went in to ask them. Cause she has lost so much weight she can't wear a lot of her earrings these days as her ear lobes are too skinny Shocked

So it was reduced to $150 so I bought it for her for Mother's Day ( didn't think she would be here so it was a good pressie for me too!)

The sales guy was lovely and as camp as a row of tents with bling of serious quantity on display - she spent the entire time he was serving us explaining to him that Collingwood got within 5 points of Geelong so we are a chance - " might get to see another one before I go to God" says she - mmmm says he I hope you do - he obviously had no interest in footy but he mmm'd and ahhh'd in the right places!

When we left she said quite seriously - " funny how people end up in some jobs wouldn't have thought a jewellery store would be the job for him" Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 61 of 200   

Jump to: